Slovenia pros and cons

Slovenians give out free beer, which usually means its spiked - pro/con

Americans don't know where Slovenia is - pro

I'll spend the whole next week in Slovenia - pro :p

Slovenia sounds very hightech like Germany to us Asians who've never been to Europe. -Pro

Lake Bled, lake Bohinj and the places around it :)

Hope you have good weather. You'll love Bled, Bohinj is more of a camping site. When are you coming? :)

Monday morning, and I'll stay until Saturday :)

Awesome. You have to try the Bled speciality, vanilla cream cake thingy. It is delicious.

Free Beer!!! I must come to Slovenia too.

But it's not a Schengen country -pro

Last edited:
Yes, it is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Agreement said:
As of 21 December 2007, 24 states and Monaco (treated as part of France) had abolished border controls on persons among themselves, an increase from 15 on 20 December 2007. The nine new countries which entered the Schengen travel area in 2007 were: the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.

EDIT: speaking of finnish people (just saw your location), my brother's finnish gf is in the country for an indefinite time. :)

Damn! You're right! :D I just wathed that map at the top of the page. I really need to learn Slovenias location on the map before i get there. I thought you guys were further south.

Fixed.

Last edited:
Apparently I'm only 2and a half hours from slovenia... much closer than the damn ring, and not that far to travel to get free beer. - pro

We should have a beer meet around here! :D (but after my car is fixed <_<)