Slowing down a fan in my computer

Solberg

Car(s)
Porsche 997 Carrera S & 2012 Ford Raptor!!
I have an antec p-182 case and it comes with 2 120mm fans and 2 speed control switches at the back. I recently added another 120mm fan to the front of the case so cool air is blown onto my HDD. The fan Can be quite loud at night when I'm trying to sleep. So, I would like to slow it's speed sown to a minimum at night. How can I do this?

21-05-08
Threads started by Solberg today: 57

And didden't you ask about this in another thread? Or was it just a similar thread..

Edit: (Took me 20 sec on Google) If they are connected to the Motherboard they can most likely be controlled via. the Bios. If not get a Fan controller.) LINK!

Last edited:
It's not just a thought. I seriously need to lower the speed and if I knew how to, I wouldn't open this thread.

I don't know how many pins it has, I can check later.

The bios solution isn't that practical because I use a logitech wave which doesn't work in the bios. I am not going to get my old keyboard every evening when I want to lower the speed. I think windows software would be the best soulution.

Just buy a $5 fan speed controller off Newegg...

It would be a bit of a waste to buy a fan speed controller for just one fan.

Is there no software solution?

or you can turn the PC off at night :angel:

I had a look. It's connected to the motherboard. So I guess for now I will use the bios.

^ No, but I quite like your emo ninja avatar :p

If you are into electronics you can buy a resistor from a DIY store and solder it yourself...

Nevermind, I have found a quick software solution on a more helpful forum.

I don't want to start flame war, but Lilleput - Why are you being such an ass? Do you have a problem with me?

Not at all.. It was just a useless thread that was answered in the first two posts but you kept bumping it so we're just having some fun.

It's the intertubes.. Don't take stuff personally.