Snacks/Junk Food

I have a feeling that it is a spammer, lets wait and see what it changes to.

l_294260_v1_m56577569830623138.jpg

These Woolworths Select Fruit and Nut biscuits. My favourite chocolate in biscuit form! Unfortunately they were on a 2 for $3.50 special. So I got these as well. Woolworths Select Honeycomb Crunch.

l_250560_v1_m56577569830563699.jpg

I feel sick...

Counterfeit Tesco hobnobs, aren't great.

Off-brand food can definetly be hit or miss. I'll eat Wegmans brand chocolate chip cookies like no one's business but oreo's have to be the real deal.

Too sticky...but if I'm buying gummy, I get:
51rN0arn8RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You guys in the States are so lucky...

Peanut Butter M&Ms. Win!!!

I used to work at CVS (American chain drugstore) and would literally buy 2 big bags when they went on sale for like 2 for 5 bucks lol. They're delicious.

We can get them here, but only in tiny 25g packets. And I have to drive about an hour into the mountains to get the the candy store that sells them.

Yet the supermarket chains here now have 300g packets of orange M&Ms and coconut ones too.

What laxmax said. So much goodness.

This should probably have its own thread, but fare thee well Hostess. :(
http://www.hostessbrands.com/Closing.aspx
No more Wonder Bread, Twinkies, King Dons, Snowballs, or Cupcakes.
wonder_packaging_all_new.jpg

twinkies.jpg

Ding_dongs.jpg

KR_Biddeford-Hostess_s4x3_lg.jpg

Hostess%20Cupcakes%202.jpg

Union douchebags.

I never liked Twinkies. Never really liked any Hostess products except for Ho-Hos, but don't worry, we'll see some of those products again. Something as culturally significant as Twinkies won't go away so easily. If Hostess comes back, they'll make them again. If not, someone will surely license the name/recipe.

And yes to the union comment.
1. Get annoyed that company management got a raise
2. Strike
3. ...
4. PROFIT!..... Oh wait, no, cause 18000 people to lose their jobs (6600 of which were union).

I lol'ed when I saw the headlines "Union hopes for Hostess buyout that will put employees back to work" and "Hostess union workers hope buyers will put them back to work". Well maybe you guys shouldnt've gone on strike in the first place. If it were up to me, and I was buying out the company, I'd lock the union out and rehire the 12000 non-union workers then looks for others.
Unfortunately, I know thats not how the world works.

I also got a good laugh out of the people to stocked up on Twinkies to sell to desperate people on eBay. And a bigger laugh out of the people that paid $100 per box a few days ago (they're around $20/box today). Maybe I should've been crying because its really quite sad that people are willing to spend that kind of money on this stuff, when there are a million better uses for that money. Especially considering Twinkies will be back.

I never liked Twinkies. Never really liked any Hostess products except for Ho-Hos, but don't worry, we'll see some of those products again. Something as culturally significant as Twinkies won't go away so easily. If Hostess comes back, they'll make them again. If not, someone will surely license the name/recipe.

And yes to the union comment.
1. Get annoyed that company management got a raise
2. Strike
3. ...
4. PROFIT!..... Oh wait, no, cause 18000 people to lose their jobs (6600 of which were union).

I lol'ed when I saw the headlines "Union hopes for Hostess buyout that will put employees back to work" and "Hostess union workers hope buyers will put them back to work". Well maybe you guys shouldnt've gone on strike in the first place. If it were up to me, and I was buying out the company, I'd lock the union out and rehire the 12000 non-union workers then looks for others.
Unfortunately, I know thats not how the world works.

I also got a good laugh out of the people to stocked up on Twinkies to sell to desperate people on eBay. And a bigger laugh out of the people that paid $100 per box a few days ago (they're around $20/box today). Maybe I should've been crying because its really quite sad that people are willing to spend that kind of money on this stuff, when there are a million better uses for that money. Especially considering Twinkies will be back.

I wasn't a fan of twinkies myself. To play devil's advocate though, it's not like Hostess Brands management were perfect. It's a mix of factors that brought (we dunno yet..if the bakers union agrees to another round of concessions obviously things may change) them down: incompetence and greed at the corporate level (multiple bonuses for fat cat execs while slashing pay for everyone else, not reinventing the brand for the realities of today's marketplace) that lasted years and the baker's union: http://www.salon.com/2012/11/20/vulture_capitalism_not_unions_killed_twinkies/

Last edited:
Turns out that I never liked Ho-Hos. Little Debbie Swiss Cakes were the ones I was thinking of.

Easy to see how I got those mixed up.

Little Debbie has always been superior in my opinion.

Turns out that I never liked Ho-Hos. Little Debbie Swiss Cakes were the ones I was thinking of.

Little Debbie has always been superior in my opinion.

I'll see your Little Debbie and raise you -

WHY AM I ONLY JUST NOW LEARNING ABOUT THESE??!!