Snow!

-25C a.k.a -13F in here right now and about 5cm of snow..

And I'm still waiting for a proper storm to show up.

It's merely frickin' freezing and windy here. Not enough open road here to safely drift through corners (once the snow come down) either <_<.

Today morning , first snow in paris, -2 ?C and about 5cm : this is what it's lok like :
57bf75c45d6b4e9c30701e8a3d0ae054.jpg

Last edited:
Here in North Carolina we should be getting our first snow tomorrow! I miss snow since moving away from Wisconsin.

Snow is here and look what I've got for the weekend:

4194281555_e17e3497cc_b.jpg

286 HP
580 Nm of torque from 1750 rpm on
0-100 km/h in 6.4 seconds

Boy, am I going to have some fun :) Especially with folks on summer tires

Last edited:
We're due for about a foot of snow this weekend in the Richmond area of Virginia. Back in Blacksburg, we're supposed to get close to 2 feet. I've already been out on the fourwheelers tearing up neighborhood roads. There's at least 6 or so inches on the ground right now and the roads are terrible. I love snow! 4WD FTW.

Last edited:
its starting to build up here now :D not much expected, so i went out to see how my new snow tyres are before the streets are cleared again

http://img34.imageshack.**/img34/3948/img8570p.jpg

all i can say is AWD+snow tyres=AWESOME

Hey, it's snow time here in Bologna! Which is a bit strange since it's normal to have winters with no snow at all.

However, 20cm this night and still snowing, temperatures below 0?C and very many things to notice while driving.

First of all, the bad news: Since my car has little ground clearance, I had to rally my way to the road from the garage and I wasn't sure I would have got a the top of the ramp and into the road. It took almost 10 minutes to only put the snowsocks on the car (and they work!). I spun one time this morning while trying to get to work (and I had snow tyres and snowsocks on the front wheels (maybe this is the reason)) and I had to improvise a 100 meters reverse-driving on my own lane to get a spot where to turn around and going the right way again. Funny, but not if you don't expect it. Also, I need to find a way to disable the ABS system as long as there is snow on the tarmac, since the car takes centuries to stop and I am constantly processing distances and speeds of the other car to be sure I'm not crashing into anyone after a 50 meters skid with ABS getting crazy. I think it might be better without it. I already turned off traction control.

Oh, and people with summer tyres proceding at turtle speed in the very center of a normally three lane street blocking everyone else. Please stay in the right part of the street.

Then... good news! I drove yesterday evening and this morning, and I was the fastest thing on the road, apart from buses (I'm not making this up), and I had my share of fun and learning to drive on snow. And yes, I have to thank my wheels: winter tyres should be compulsory. I saw people with summer tyres struggling to go in a straight line while I was steadily proceeding with little to no problem at all.

And the best news of them all: it doesn't matter if you have a Mercedes SUV, if you have summer tyres, your beautiful "I have the best car in the world because it's a big fat 4x4 that can go off-road, you puny mortal" car will be seen dancing in the ice on the first roundabout at foot pace and getting stuck almost against the kerb.

Only drawback, I must work this morning, instead of being around trying to improve my driving skills on some lonely back road.

Last edited:
Oh, and people with summer tyres proceding at turtle speed in the very center of a normally three lane street blocking everyone else. Please stay in the right part of the street.

Winter tyres should be compulsory. I saw people with summer tyres struggling to go in a straight line while I was steadily proceeding with little to no problem at all.

Well, winter tires are mandatory in the EU, only no one enforces this rule in the southern european countries. They only started enforcing it in germany last year, too.

Well, winter tires are mandatory in the EU, only no one enforces this rule in the southern european countries. They only started enforcing it in germany last year, too.

Yes, the only problem you got was when you crashed on normal tires during the winter. Most insurance companies wouldn't pay in that case. And looking at how slowly everyone was driving this morning I suspect quite a few people are still driving on summer tires (or they are very afraid of snow).

Got some today which is my first experience driving in snow.

Firstly what a joy it is to have heated seats in this weather. Vauxhalls in general are very comfortable cars in every condition. Set the temperature to 27 degrees c and went to get some ice cream :rolleyes:

Snow stopped and turned the road into slush which was causing some people to slide around Morrison car park:| One in particular trying to turn into the same bit I did.

2 feet. Street untouched. Cars invisible underneath drifts.

Weather reports said "maybe 10 inches"

My ass - and this isn't going to let up until this time Sunday.

In Los Angeles?!

/kidding.