Ownership Verified: So, I bought a Porsche.

To-do for today:
1. Find a trailer
2. Find someone who can tow said trailer and pick out an un-rusty shell

I may have something hogging the space in my carport soon. May.

Looking forward to see how this evolves, go Coco!

So, it begins.

2a228cfee1ee11e282ea22000aeb0b83_7.jpg

b47d3a94e1cf11e28ad722000a9f1498_7.jpg

Pristine shell. Needs an engine, and we need to get that slushbox and interior out of there, too.

Bonus: NO SUNROOF! That's a rare option on these cars. I'm going to be supermad if this one meets the same fate as Porschelump v1.

I know it's not a complete vehicle, but I'll do a proof pic a little later when it's lighter out again. If anyone needs any later 944 interior parts (in burgundy) or an automatic transmission, let me know.

thomas actually gets the credit for finding this. Yes, thomas stalks our Craigslist, too.

Last edited:
Noyce!! What color you thinkin'?

I don't know. Probably the same blue and orange since we had one and our LeMons app was for a Le Mans car theme.

This paint's almost in too good a shape to LeMons up, though. Can I put a layer of white plastidip under the blue? Heh.

Last edited:

I don't know. Probably the same blue and orange since we had one and our LeMons app was for a Le Mans car theme.

This paint's almost in too good a shape to LeMons up, though. Can I put a layer of white plastidip under the blue? Heh.

Art car?

You could go for OG Porkelump status and do this...
pork3_1436210i.jpg

(I have leftover blue paint, though...and I am cheap.)

I took some pics of the barn find today.

The interior is shockingly intact. There's a few remnants of varmints past (muddobber nest in glove box, paw prints from who knows what) and a lot of dust and debris, but mostly, it looks like it's been sealed up pretty tight for a long time. Lots of parts to sell! Make an offer.

QwD6pzih.jpg

aecFN4x.jpg

KjvU3Jzh.jpg

hj4lh9gh.jpg

JObm5YDh.jpg

uyA23DBh.jpg

7ZXoodjh.jpg

Not for sale: that cookie cutter rim. That's my spare for when the tire on the phone dial wheel loses its air again, so I've been keeping it in the passenger side of the car. FS: one random 944 phone dial wheel. It's the only wheel that came with this car.

WBmLeJkh.jpg

I have an ultra-rare sunroof-less 944. I'm a little sad to LeMons it. A little. Not really. That's what the sunroofless cars are made for, isn't it? Whoo-hoo, I can install a radio antenna on the roof and get better reception now!

a42s2Z2h.jpg

The anti-tow sign:

In the engine bay: nothing.

Ooh--Porsche door pulls. Working Porsche door pulls, too!

I get a new mirror, too:

Last, but not least...a proof pic:

Ha, love the "don't tow" sign :D. Also: You should take out that interior really careful, because I am fairly sure a decent 944 full red leather interior is actually worth a few bucks.

Ha, love the "don't tow" sign :D. Also: You should take out that interior really careful, because I am fairly sure a decent 944 full red leather interior is actually worth a few bucks.
Yes! Will do. I have a ridonkulous amount of 944 parts in my apartment. I listed the interior bits on another site where I post all the time, so hopefully someone bites.
DAT BURGUNDY
This! I like that it's a darker burgundy...more subtle, less bordello red. I'm almost sad to take it out.

...almost. Hehe.

Yes! Will do. I have a ridonkulous amount of 944 parts in my apartment. I listed the interior bits on another site where I post all the time, so hopefully someone bites.

This! I like that it's a darker burgundy...more subtle, less bordello red. I'm almost sad to take it out.

...almost. Hehe.

Epic G27/office chair/whateveryouwant chair time?

Epic G27/office chair/whateveryouwant chair time?

I thought of that, but there's probably another Porsche-tard somewhere who needs it more than I do.

Soooooooo...if anyone will be in Houston on Sept. 28-29, I have a couple spots open on the LeMons team.

It's a full 24-hour race. Puffalumps. Bratwurst. Oh, and if you have any lederhosen...wear them. Ja.