Some cool stuff from the Melbourne motorshow 56K warning

DTMracer

Car(s)
1988 Mini Cooper, 1998 MB E55 AMG
Hey guys. I was at the Melbourne motorshow with some friends today, and I thought I'd post up some pics of some interesting stuff on show.

1) LS7 Commodore

2) Coupe 60 (Basically a two door VE)

3) Audi RS6 - Can't believe they managed to get one in here so quick

4) Homebuilt sports car (can't remember name at the moment). Built and designed by a Husband and wife team. Runs 350Z engine at about 400bhp from memory, and they're planing a 600hp race version

5) Bolwell Nagari - Famous Australian sports car brand. This is a new model they designed and will be for sale. Runs a 3.5 V6, but no power or torque figure (Just says "in development" on the spec sheet)

Right, I'm quiet tired, so some of the details might be wrong. I'll fix them when I can be bothered.

Last edited:
Add screen below 32" go away to the title

I still don't understand why it takes so long to release the RS6 sedan. WTF.

Fixed up image sizes. Right, some more stuff:

Maserati 250F - One of the reasons I was at drooling at the Maserati stand for a good half hour:

Maserati Gran Turismo - Another reason for uncontrolled drooling at the maserati stand

Ferrari F430 Scuderia - Haven't had the chance to see on in the flesh until now. Gave me goosebumps just looking at it.

Some more LS7 commodore shots:

And some more Coupe 60 shots:

Mazda 2 Xtreme concept:

Lexus ISF: Not a bad looking car in the flesh actually, especially in that blue color.

Bugatti Veyron:

Toyota Solara Drag Racer:

Hyundai Genesis: I can't believe it, a Hyundai that I want.

Could someone remove the 56K warning from the thread title? Thanks.

I went yesterday, and although I must admit, like you I spent a good half and hour drooling at the maserati stand, I spent about twice that drooling at the Fiat stand, The fiat girls were F'ing hot!

It would have been better if Mercedes, Jag and Aston Martin were there. I guess its cost cutting for the manufacturers as other people have said but :cry:
Hopfeully next year they will be there and I can sit in the Mercedes SLK55 AMG again like last year! :p

I wanted to see Aston Martin more than anything else, so it was slightly disappointing. That said, I always enjoy the Shannons auction stuff they have outside. I tried to bid on an old triumph motorcycle and mustang, but was outbidded. Oh well, at least it saves me having to explain to my other half why is there a new car/bike sitting outside....=P

I wanted to see Aston Martin more than anything else, so it was slightly disappointing. That said, I always enjoy the Shannons auction stuff they have outside. I tried to bid on an old triumph motorcycle and mustang, but was outbidded. Oh well, at least it saves me having to explain to my other half why is there a new car/bike sitting outside....=P

Should you need to speak to Shannon's in the near future when you're looking to annoy you're other half - One of my close mates works in the auction team and he's been working the Motorshow these past few weeks. (He also got me in free) :p

5) Bolwell Nagari - Famous Australian sports car brand. This is a new model they designed and will be for sale. Runs a 3.5 V6, but no power or torque figure (Just says "in development" on the spec sheet)

Lets hope its better than the first piece of crap.....

Read: Piss poor quality regarding the fibreglass work/chassis and a complete lack of torsional rigidity, so basically in a few years the glass work pulls through and the car falls to bits. :rolleyes:

That's pretty cool. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks

Edit: That's in reply to eddysdaman

With the Bolwell, they've basically lifted an integra type R interior into the car, along with the rear lights. It doesn't look half bad, but engineering quality would be my main concern.

With the Bolwell, they've basically lifted an integra type R interior into the car, along with the rear lights. It doesn't look half bad, but engineering quality would be my main concern.

They never had any problems regarding how they looked, which put them a million points up from every kit car/low volume builder in Australia.

The old Mark 7 and the Nagari always looked nice, pity about what was under the car.....:? :?

Think of it as a Australian TVR, with all the, uh, bad features of TVR! (and the good ones, like they go like stink)

Hopefully they have learned a few lessons....lol, at least they aren't making a Modern Ikara...

Speaking of TVR, are there any in Australia at all for sale??