Some D80 shots of today

hanasand

Despot
Got my Nikon D80 three days ago but it's been pouring down so I haven't
had the chance to really test it yet. But today the weather was nice to me
so I went out to take some shots.

Used my Sigma 17-70mm 2.8-4.5 for these:

Used my SB-800 blitz to even out the foreground and the sky. Some Photoshop to make the sky even more dramatic.
basket.jpg

A Sailboat preparing for a race.
Sailboatweb.jpg

Just a minor tiltshift test.
tiltshift.jpg

Once again I've tested my SB-800, this time using an umbrella to bounce the blitz off for soft light.
CrazyMofo.jpg

Great pictures...except for the last one, that is downright scary, sir. :lol:

What, if I may ask, is tiltshift?

Tilt-shift is basically when you generate such an accurate d.o.f (depth of field) that the image-objects
appear to be a lot smaller than they actually are. But I didn't go crazy-bongo like many people
tend to do when they attempt tilt-shift.

Looks brilliant.

I'm upset at the switch from CF to SD memory though. :(

hanasand said:
Tilt-shift is basically when you generate such an accurate d.o.f (depth of field) that the image-objects
appear to be a lot smaller than they actually are. But I didn't go crazy-bongo like many people
tend to do when they attempt tilt-shift.

Tilt-shift photography is an artistic technique where the lens is tilted and shifted relative to the attached camera. Traditionally, the two are connected by a bellows. When tilt is applied, the film or image sensor is not at a right angle to the optical axis of the lens, causing a gradient of focus.

So, are you using one of these in Nikon flavour, or photoshopping?

44506.jpg

A lense baby does a similar thing :) Keep meaning to get one cause thay aren't that expensive. Not as acurate as one of those.

I too, was dissapointed to see the move the SD. CF is very well proven, fast and near on indestructable. I've had a fair few problems with SD in my compact camera. Often get corrupt images and it aint fast. Perhaps the tech has improved a bit though.

Well, it can handle the 3 shots per seconds at 10.2mp that my camera can manage
so it isn't really a problem for me. And, I'm not into sport-photography. I guess they
had to go over to sD to be able to maintain the size of the camera as small as it is.

The first one has too intense red for my liking ( and as far as i know it's camera's internal algorithms which brighten reds on nearly every photo ). But overall it's nice.