Ownership Verified: Someone stole my trunk and 2 cylinders - a compact winter beater

I guess you checked that the fan motor spun freely.

When then resistor packs up, chances are the motor is what killed it in the first place. :)

I did spin the motor out of the car ofc. It spins buttersmooth, even when just turning by hand.

I have scored an M3/convertible X brace!
Em8XVZU.jpg

YBAIUsX.jpg

11o3sX9.jpg

Needs some welding:

ycRmbSp.jpg

OPTMFgF.jpg

cTpHi7G.jpg

After it's welded it will be sandblasted and powdercoated and the insides will be sprayed with wax to inhibit further decay.

Assless cars:
4Dn1Wnp.jpg

YjjahHP.jpg

GlnmbXl.jpg

Had to clean the whip before the british delegation arrives for inspection:
YUQWPHE.jpg

LnONzsv.jpg

MqEU0Jk.jpg

It was time to swap wheels for winters. Summer wheels are not road legal anymore, mot is coming up and a big temperature drop is forecast, so i didn't take any chances and went on with it.

JRULC6q.jpg

Iha36Xm.jpg

WBtiYji.jpg

Sunny weather is over... Here comes the dread and rain and cold...

6Rn0ife.jpg

In other news, car has passed MOT without any issues.

DF2KnQ3.jpg

If you want the car to survive the winter unscathed some preeemptive care and maintainance is required.

Removed front inner fenderliners and cleaned all dirt from the pockets:
UXdtgwD.jpg

Geprhhc.jpg

Then applied liberal amounts of Dinitrol wax to everything:
Rf1Y6dm.jpg

FRbXIKB.jpg

Reassembled:
AcYAF6c.jpg

16JIRSe.jpg

Also installed the front plastic under the engine from a diesel model. To reduce the amount of dirt coming into the engine bay and improove aerodynamics.
2knZ7Fb.jpg

syN1fwu.jpg

A reminder of how exposed everything was before:
SxncTTq.jpg

Winter preparation part 2.

This time it was the turn of the rear wheel arches. Everything was cleaned from drust and dirt first.
S3Hkk1T.jpg

luv6Hyh.jpg

U7zDtSB.jpg

MMXYLd8.jpg

And then it got 2 coats of dinitrol wax, for a carefree winter expirience.
57mO6dS.jpg

9VD35do.jpg

Now we can steam off into winter without worries.
vO6O89w.jpg

Is that the spare tire under the car?

The car was initially equipped with a casette player and had the magic casette storage box.

Tell me you've gone full-German with it and loaded her up with Hasselhoff! :p

Wow, that workshop sure looks bigger now that is cleaned :D Nice job on preparations!

Thanks for helping. Let's see if we can fill it with an Opel Manta during the winter.

Tell me you've gone full-German with it and loaded her up with Hasselhoff! :p

What would i do with casettes? But i do have his Kung Fury track on the SD card, if it helps :)

What would i do with casettes? But i do have his Kung Fury track on the SD card, if it helps :)

Get yourself a Walkman, plug it into the aux jack, and blast "Looking for Freedom" out to the world in all its glory.

With a mullet and a pair of aviators you will be the sexiest man in all Slovenia. ?

It was time to install the now sandblasted powdercoated and waxed x-brace. It was done at a friends workshop.

KAUzavm.jpg

nZ9VkFF.jpg

anaIXii.jpg

uCeuozy.jpg

CyvWFYj.jpg

4hGcfxI.jpg

7Zti6l1.jpg

All nice and sturdy.
EMeIsoC.jpg

Today i decided to reshim the diff, because the slack between the pinion and crown gears was getting very annoying. Everything was measured and tightness is now to spec.

lxGLXWx.jpg

JP1zrrW.jpg

No more unwanted noises from the diff. Drives like a new car.

Last edited:
So, i accidentally bought a new interior for the compact car. Red mixed leather sport seats and bits. To add some color to the car and to have some seats that are actually comfortable to sit in. The sports seats are great. Can't wait for a road trip to properly test them.

HbtCKFp.jpg

LK3K8tM.jpg

q2BkWqn.jpg

RYoztm9.jpg

nbHEivw.jpg

SOLC7y1.jpg

wh845DF.jpg

Fuck yeah red seats! Looks aswesome.

I should say those pictures look WAY too saturated in compared to reality.

Still look nice.

Interesting, though I like that the shifter boot matches.