Splinter Cell: Blacklist

[video=youtube;yp-OLhOnCvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp-OLhOnCvg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The more info I find and videos I watch about this game the more I want it...and it's still over half a year away...:cry:

Last edited:
[video=youtube;Wm4fQYuq-OU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm4fQYuq-OU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;-zmM26YzJ64]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-zmM26YzJ64[/video]

OH FUCK YES!!! :w00t:

Finally, back to the good stuff!

New gameplay vid showing 3 ways to go through an area (Ghost, Panther, Assault):

[video=youtube;P9SvRX-8pZ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P9SvRX-8pZ4[/video]

I'm definitely gonna try to stay a Ghost player because that's proper Splinter Cell, but they added Panther and Assault for those players who wanna run and gun through levels which was never really viable in the earlier games where stealth was the priority and if you got in a gunfight, you had a slim chance of survival because the gunplay wasn't great.

Last edited:
New trailer:

There was a small glimpse (maybe 1/2 second) at the aeroplane.

[video=youtube;1UjZTH-06i4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjZTH-06i4[/video]

I'm re-playing the older Splinter Cell games right now (for like the 10th time probably :D) and they are definitely designed for Ghost and Panther style, you can do assault if you want, but it's difficult because the mechanics aren't very good (they are stealth games after all). In Blacklist, however, they designed the game for both stealth players and people who wanna run and gun; this means they'll attract new people who are used to all the action games of recent years while keeping fans of the old games (which didn't exactly sell well because most people think pure stealth = boring). ONLY TWO MORE WEEKS!!! :w00t:

Edit:

Also, a new trailer came out a couple of days ago:

FUCKIN' INTENSE! :shock:

Last edited:
Looking to get this. Still wish they had just done a new char entirely instead of keeping Sam. It would make me happier about the game... alas. On another note I like who they got as the evil guy because I remember him from 24.

Play style wise I think I'm 50/50 Ghost/Panther I like to be as sneaky as I can but there's enough times when I don't want to deal with it either. Still I always start over if I raise an alarm. I do not like running and gunning. In conviction at least I could if I really needed to and I found myself doing that more at the end in the white house because it was still dark enough to remain mostly hidden.

Been playing through Chaos Theory :p

Just played it today and I'm liking it so far. Having just replayed the original 3 games, I'm happy to say that the same atmosphere of stealth is there (wasn't in Conviction). There is a huge amount of customization options (which is a bit overwhelming at first because it's really deep like getting different boots that make you quieter) and I'm looking forward to fully upgrading Sam. :D

Am I the only one here playing this? I am almost at the end of the game and I've just played one of the best missions I've ever played in any game...ever. This game is really turning out to be one of the best in the series...so far it's only behind Chaos Theory, so I'll wait to finish it and see if it will surpass it.

^I beat it yesterday.

Without giving anything away, it just sort of.... ends.... I was kind of hoping for a bit more substance, but it did the whole "Yes, we're going to make another!" ending.

Besides that, it really is fantastic. I love how brutal Sam can be. I also enjoy the tension between he and Grim.

Last edited:
Wasn't the Iran mission just amazing? :D I'm probably gonna finish it tomorrow.

^I knew that was the mission you were talking about. It was really awesome. SOOOOOO glad I had the fully upgraded goggles.

I especially loved the part in the beginning where you get ambushed by a bunch of soldiers and you can either take them all on or jump up to the ceiling and watch them commence their helpless search for you. :D

I finished it yesterday and I agree that it just ends without much explanation (there was an extra scene after the credits, but nothing much happened there either). The thing I missed most, obviously, is Michael Ironside as the voice of Sam. The new guy isn't that bad, but he's just too generic (Ironside's voice is very unique and gave Sam a whole new level of personality). Apart from that I really enjoyed the game and am so happy that the proper stealth from the old games are back (not on quite the same level as Chaos Theory, but still very good). Overall, I enjoyed playing through it and I'm very much looking forward to the next game. :D

finished just now... im a huge splinter cell fan and i really missed the real Sam Fisher to begin with, but got a costumed to the new guy after a while in the game. cutscenes were really great!

Imo felt like the controllers were clunky compared to the older games, and often when hiding behind corners and especially under light switches :)P) the E would just turn on and off the lights instead of grab the guy coming in the door <.>.

How is the multiplayer.. considering investing in a legit copy if the multiplayer is good. I own all the splinter cell games including 2x pandora 2x chaos theory, so im a big fan :p