Sports car drivers - which variety annoys you more?

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
Picture any really nice sports car of your choice (i won't name a specific one because ev eryone has wildly differing tastes) but something nice, something you like or envy or desire to own one day.

let's say you encounter the driver of said car and you have the usual conversation 'nice car, blah blah'

what would annoy you more

1. the owner who knows next to NOTHING about his/her car aside from the fact that its 'white' and has the 'cool looking wheels'

2. the owner who starts to spout off every single spec of his/her car, beyond the point of anyone else caring, as if (s)he's reading the brochure with no sense of actually knowing what (s)he's talking about and waggin his/her e-penis/vagina around.

The one that is useless and dont know anything about the car. or Option 1
Its so bad when they got the car just because its "cool", but they dont know why its cool.

BTW I like your car choice :)

the ones that drive with the left hand at 12oclock.

The granny driving the Z06 who drives with her foot on the brake for the 12 miles I'm stuck behind her.

Car rental agencies that classify a 'sports car' as an automatic Astra convertible.

I like the ones that never brag about their cars, but can answer any question you throw at them.

IN the famous words of various car forums "SRT-4 teh f4a5orzzzz!"

I know some cool SRT4 drivers, but the rest thing they OWN the road.

But to the answer your question, number 1.

I'm going with option 1 as well. People who know nothing about their nice car are almost as bad as people who never drive their nice car.

I'd go with number 2. The potential to be very annoying, at least type 1 people can be ignored/overlooked.

I think #2,
When it comes to #1, at least they bought the car for a reason, they appreciate the car as a piece of art but dont have that cocky sense of I can do anything in my sports car.

#2 tend to be arrogant, 'e-penis' does very much describe it. They also tend to be extremely stubborn, they believe what they think about their car is correct, its so frustrating, especially when they are in fact wrong. They also read too much into its potential and dont understand that they themselves cant touch the limit, ie they cause dumba** accidents.

Option 1. But I'm not that bothered. The worst thing I know, is the spoiled young brats who get cars in the price bracket 400000 NOK to 800000 NOK as a birthday present. Cousin of mine has a mate. His parents are.. well placed, to say something, they bought him a brand new SLK350 for his 19th birthday. That's a very, very, very expensive car in Norway.

Get this. He didn't even know what car it was. He knew it was a Merc, and that it had one of those folding metal roofs that he'd seen on telly.

the ones that drive with the left hand at 12oclock.

I have to say that I'm guilty of this, though to be honest, left hand at 12 o'clock is usually the most comfortable place when my right hand is going through the gears. Also, when you drive a car that is manual and has no power steering, 12 o'clock gives the best leverage...and technically, its usually more like 11 o'clock than actual 12...

As for the OP answer, #2. As justvisiting said, people who like to rattle off about their car to no end tend to be arrogant. It is annoying when you get the guy who really doesn't get his car, but he can be tought. #2 refuses to listen to anyone who says his car isn't the best.

option 1 is more annoying.

i LOVE arguing about cars, so option 2 offers me near unlimted entertainment.

1. the owner who knows next to NOTHING about his/her car aside from the fact that its 'white' and has the 'cool looking wheels'

This.

Also, sports cars should not be white.

Indeed, the NSX-R looks better in red.

Option 1. But I'm not that bothered. The worst thing I know, is the spoiled young brats who get cars in the price bracket 400000 NOK to 800000 NOK as a birthday present. Cousin of mine has a mate. His parents are.. well placed, to say something, they bought him a brand new SLK350 for his 19th birthday. That's a very, very, very expensive car in Norway.

Get this. He didn't even know what car it was. He knew it was a Merc, and that it had one of those folding metal roofs that he'd seen on telly.

No contest. That is the most annoying. Atlest #1 earned his/her money (maybe).

Most of the people I just referred to goes into bracket 1. :p

But I will agree, that if a parent is well off, there is nothing wrong with giving them 250000 NOK to buy a safe and sensible first car. I find that to be responsible and sensible.

But amounts that come up to half a million or more, that's just crazy.

Were there not a case in the UK of a young boy getting a Zonda for his birthday?