Sports cars under $200k that don't depreciate much?

Humm, once I reach Tibet I could try and run it on Yak's milk untill I hit Saudi Arabia...

Unfortunately, much as I love it, due to the byzantine and orwellian laws on vehicle registration in Shanghai (I could attempt to explain it if you have about a day spare to read it...), it's worth considerably more here than it would be anywhere else. (about twice as much in fact)

I guess it makes sense. Sell a very well priced car in China that would be worth less anywhere else, take that extra profit and buy a 'better' car in the new country.

{ slaps MWF around with her BALLS of STEEL }

The only reason I'm considering a Miata (when/if I ever get a jerb :() is because the early models can be had for next to nothin'. This is perhaps the one thread where that's not an answer. :lol:

A low mileage example with no rust and paint in good condition and desirable features (like a real LSD or blistiens) can still command a decent amount of money for what it is.

Forget the first four. Their value will plummet if your market is anything like the UK. [...]
Since we seem to be talking about "used and a couple of years old" here anyway, I think you might be wrong. Sure, Porsche Lambo and Ferraris all take a dive a couple of years into their life ... but after that, they settle in rather stable priceranges. They do a lot better than whatever we mortals drive ...

I second the Ford GT. Definite future classic.

If someone is able to spend $200k on a car, then they aren't going to care about depreciation.

If someone is able to spend $200k on a car, then they aren't going to care about depreciation.

Some might. You don't get rich by being careless with money, unless you're just a trust fund baby or something.