Spy Shot: Dodge Caliber (Update)

Overheat

Forum Addict
We?re not quite sure why they?ve bothered disguising this, as official pictures have already been released, and we?re going to see it ? albeit still in ?concept? form ? at the Frankfurt Motor Show in a couple of weeks anyway. Still, it all adds to the mystique?

Under the bin liners is the Dodge Caliber, Chrysler?s Europe-bound C-sector (Golf, Focus, Astra) contender, and its upright, high-roofed shape is clear, as is its prominent grille and bulging bumpers.

Under the bin liners is the Dodge Caliber, Chrysler?s Europe-bound C-sector (Golf, Focus, Astra) contender, and its upright, high-roofed shape is clear, as is its prominent grille and bulging bumpers.

US-market models will be badged as Chryslers, replacing the Neon.

The Caliber will feature technology new to the Chrysler group, including an optional torque-on-demand four-wheel drive system and a six-speed continuously-variable transmission (CVT) gearbox.

New-generation petrol engines from Mitsubishi will be fitted: 1.8-litre (140bhp), 2.0-litre (150bhp) and 2.4-litre (170bhp) units with variable-valve timing; a 2.0-litre turbodiesel will also be offered, developing 134bhp and 229lb ft of torque.

Hotter SRT models are expected to follow: the silver car in these pictures shows a model with larger, fancy alloy wheels, a lower ride height and perhaps, under that disguising, a sportier grille and front bumper design.

The show car at Frankfurt will be pretty close to the real thing, though its interior has not yet been signed off for production.

The first look at the car as it?ll go on sale will come at the Detroit Motor Show in January 2006, with the full-scale European launch at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

Dodge-Caliber-101.jpg
Dodge-Caliber-102.jpg

Dodge-Caliber-103.jpg
Dodge-Caliber-104.jpg

Dodge-Caliber-105.jpg
Dodge-Caliber-106.jpg

Dodge-Caliber-SRT-001.jpg
Dodge-Caliber-SRT-002.jpg

Dodge-Caliber-SRT-003.jpg
Dodge-Caliber-SRT-004.jpg

Mini Cayenne?
Dodge-Caliber-104.jpg

There's bits of Pontiac Vibe and possibly B9 Tribeca in there...?
Looks sharp, though.

Also, Chrysler doesn't make the Neon in America, Dodge does, so it'll be badged as a Dodge. :bangin:

Look at the placement of the gear lever!!! :puke:

I think it kinda looks allrite...the interiors garbage but I didnt expect much from a Dodge. Its built to a price.

watto said:
Look at the placement of the gear lever!!! :puke:
Looks like the gear lever in the Honda Civic Si.

look AT the gear lever. and I thought the PT Cruiser's knob was bad. (Although I must give credit for cool interchangeable knobs for the PT Cruiser)

Looks like a Pacifica meets a Durango.

Aren't you guys being a little harsh? You can't really judge on the styling of a car from the sliver of metal that's not covered in old Boy Scout tents and Crimean War-era ship sails.

Remember what it's supposed to look like?
dodge%20caliber.jpg

I don't think it looks that bad, anyway...