Spy Shot: Porsche Cayenne (2006)

Overheat

Forum Addict
Love it or hate it, the Porsche Cayenne is to receive a minor facelift.

Not the full-scale overhaul its detractors would recommend, but tweaks to its head- and taillights, slight bumper and bonnet reshaping, and perhaps small changes to its suspension and chassis; the car snapped here appears to be quite low-riding, and to have a longer front overhang.

Although the 911 has reverted to the signature Porsche circular headlights, the Cayenne's lights are to get yet more slanted and angular, perhaps in a bid to create more of a distinction from the 911, Boxster and upcoming Cayman and to establish it as a Porsche model in its own right, rather than a 4x4 pretending to be a sports car. The rear LED taillights are also less referential.

These tweaks should, Porsche hopes, keep up interest in the Cayenne until the Mk2 range comes along; this is scheduled for 2008, and is expected to include a Yank-friendly, RX400h-rivalling hybrid petrol-electric version, though - despite rumours - a VW-derived diesel is looking unlikely.

06-f3q-r-a.jpg
06-f3q-left-st.jpg

06-f12-st.jpg
06-f3q-st.jpg

good god, they've made it WORSE looking - I didn't think that was possible

oh dear, I'm come over all faint :puke:

memo to Porsche: Kill it, kill it now

'm not sure about that - the lights look a lot more menacing now - though I still wouldn't buy one.

I'v always liked the arse of the Cayenne but the front!- They need to abandon that Carrera headlamp, its outa proportion and looks terrible :yucky:

Overheat said:
'm not sure about that - the lights look a lot more menacing now - though I still wouldn't buy one.

menacing? it looks like a duck

Niiiice....before the facelift it looked like a swollen 911, now it looks like any other japanese SUV...just remove the Porsche badge and add a diesel engine and you got a standard mommy mobile!
Way to go Porsche! :thumbsup:

PS: I?ve had trouble before, so I?m warning: I WAS BEING SARCASTIC!

reminds me of an american football helmet, the facemask looks similar to the grill. :thumbsdown:

It's not bad I would say. They finally got rid of the 911 headlamps :thumbsup:

thats how the front of a porsche is supposed to look like... it has "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY" painted right on the nose :D

andyhui01 said:
thats how the front of a porsche is supposed to look like... it has "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY" painted right on the nose :D

Correction: it has "GET THE FUCK OUT OF WAY AS I'M MENTALLY AND VISUALLY CHALLENGED ENOUGH TO HAVE BOUGHT A CAYENNE AND I'M RUNNING LATE FOR MY THERAPY" painted right on the nose

Remember how Jeremy said the Bentley Arnage had a grille that sucked up everything in its path? I think we have a new winner.