Spy Shot: Skoda Octavia vRS

Overheat

Forum Addict
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
5,739
Location
Bradford, UK
Skoda revised its Octavia range late last year, but hot vRS versions of the new model have been slow to arrive. They'll be launched by the end of the year, however - probably at the Frankfurt show this autumn - and as seen in these pics, they'll come in Combi estate form as well as five-door hatchback bodystyles. The new vRS will feature the 200bhp turbocharged 2.0-litre engine, with FSI direct-injection technology, as in the Volkswagen Golf GTI. High-performance diesel vRS models, with the VW Group 160bhp 2.0 TDI engine - also to appear in the Golf GTI - are also on the way.





 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,326
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
For a Skoda, its not bad looking but at that size, it shouldnt be using the GTI engine :bangin:
 

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
16,377
Location
belgium!!
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
did it change??

looks almost identical to the previous model
 

vRS

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2004
Messages
1,960
Location
Stirling, Scotland
Car(s)
'99 BMW 323i SE
Its faster than a Golf GTI, skoda say 7.3s to 60mph and a top speed of 149mph fr the saloon and 7.5s to 60 and 148max speed for the estate
and the price i estimatd at around ?15k so its 5 grand cheaper and faster than the golf GTI
 

Volvo_S70

Active Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
236
Location
USA
Not the best looking car but Skoda's are cheap and fast and thats exactly what this'll be. :)
 

bihus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
4,618
Location
Portugal
Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
It was already presented.

Here are the pics.

http://www.km77.com/marcas/skoda/2006/octavia/rs/gra/01.asp
http://www.km77.com/marcas/skoda/2006/octavia/rs/gra/02.asp
http://www.km77.com/marcas/skoda/2006/octavia/rs/gra/03.asp


SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
For a Skoda, its not bad looking but at that size, it shouldnt be using the GTI engine :bangin:
What do you mean "at that size"?? It uses the Golf chassis, with 2578mm between axles and it has more 368mm of lenght, on the boot. I think that's a pretty big overhang, but negligible.
I don't know which one I would buy, either... The Skoda interior, besides lighting, is better that the Golf's one. And I don't think it is any uglier.
Oh, and the Skoda is, in diesel form at least, more than 110kg lighter.
 

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
8,532
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
me liking it... I've never found Skoda's ugly for some reason... I actually wouldn't mind owning the OCtavia, its like Passat for cheaper :D
 

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
6,003
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
Mmmmmmmm, I've always liked the look of some of the Skoda's, pity they're not sold in Aus, like Andy said, cheap alternative to a VW, you just don't have the prestige of the badge...
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,326
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
bihus said:
It was already presented.

Here are the pics.

http://www.km77.com/marcas/skoda/2006/octavia/rs/gra/01.asp
http://www.km77.com/marcas/skoda/2006/octavia/rs/gra/02.asp
http://www.km77.com/marcas/skoda/2006/octavia/rs/gra/03.asp


SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
For a Skoda, its not bad looking but at that size, it shouldnt be using the GTI engine :bangin:
What do you mean "at that size"?? It uses the Golf chassis, with 2578mm between axles and it has more 368mm of lenght, on the boot. I think that's a pretty big overhang, but negligible.
I don't know which one I would buy, either... The Skoda interior, besides lighting, is better that the Golf's one. And I don't think it is any uglier.
Oh, and the Skoda is, in diesel form at least, more than 110kg lighter.
I thought the Skoda would be substancially heavier even if its using the Golf chassis thus making it a bit slugish. As is, the GTI is only just a "powerfull" car so having that engine in a heavier car might restrict its performance.
 

Dr. Woo

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
1,134
Location
Virginia
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
vRS said:
Its faster than a Golf GTI, skoda say 7.3s to 60mph and a top speed of 149mph fr the saloon and 7.5s to 60 and 148max speed for the estate
and the price i estimatd at around ?15k so its 5 grand cheaper and faster than the golf GTI
7.3s 0-60 is not faster than the GTI. The GTI does 0-60 in under 7 seconds. 0-62 takes around 7.2 seconds (upshift at 60).
 

astroboymoto

Active Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
360
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Skoda means "a shame" in slavic languages :? why would you want that? :p :lol:

it's a shame Skoda doesn't revive the Tatra brand tho... a cheap, sporty, RWD, central european coupe/roadster? yes please :thumbsup:

do they still have the big collapsable hole in the drivers seat? :lol:
 

bihus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
4,618
Location
Portugal
Car(s)
BMW 330Cd
astroboymoto said:
Skoda means "a shame" in slavic languages :? why would you want that? :p :lol:
I became aware of that in my recent trip to Czech Republic. But it's more like "what a pity/shame" not as being ashamed... I guess nobody chooses his name... :mrgreen:

astroboymoto said:
do they still have the big collapsable hole in the drivers seat? :lol:
The hole was in the passenger seat, and only in the Superb, iirc.
 

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
6,003
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
bihus said:
astroboymoto said:
Skoda means "a shame" in slavic languages :? why would you want that? :p :lol:
I became aware of that in my recent trip to Czech Republic. But it's more like "what a pity/shame" not as being ashamed... I guess nobody chooses his name... :mrgreen:
lol. It's a bit like the Pajero which is apparently Spanish for wanker... Yeah, I drive a Mitsubishi Wanker! That's not very cool :p
 
Top