Spy Shot VW Golf CC (2006)

Another one of these folding-steel-roof-coupes with an out of proportion rear end because of all the space needed for the roof... :thumbsdown:

(I know not all of these coupe-cab's suffer from big-arse syndrome, but most of them do)

It may just be the angles, but, 'Got overhang?'
They could've stretched the platform just a little bit :)
I assume it's riding on the Golf chassis, they stretched that for the new Passat, they should've used that one...anywho just my $.02 ;)

I like the style but the front seems way to long for me (sorta like the 407). Probably beacuse of Europe's pedestrian crash safety thingy.

NexTourer said:
Probably beacuse of Europe's pedestrian crash safety thingy.
That is why. The EU is ruining the Euro car industry.

Soon they'll have to make the bumpers out of foam or something equally ridiculous.

NexTourer said:
I like the style but the front seems way to long for me (sorta like the 407). Probably beacuse of Europe's pedestrian crash safety thingy.

Eeek that is huge, I didn't notice the front (all of it) when I first looked - was too distracted by the enormous arse

So we can safely say this car is severly proportionally-challenged

Motorweek had the actual car, I'll see if I can take some screenshots...

:oops: It was the next Volvo convertable, not the CC...I'll post the clip anyway :p

Volvo vid.

i like the concept of those CC cars, waaaaaay better than those stupid canvas roofs.

but all their rooflines look the same, the megane, the 307, the mercs, they all have the same curve. as well this golf :(

bone said:
i like the concept of those CC cars, waaaaaay better than those stupid canvas roofs.

but all their rooflines look the same, the megane, the 307, the mercs, they all have the same curve. as well this golf :(

The concept is great, but it's flawed - as you say all the rooflines look the same, and a lot of the the cars end up with big square ugly out of proportion rear ends to provide room for the roof (this one being a great example).