Spy video: 2009 Lexus LF-A

GM_IV

Car(s)
2014 Monogram FRS
Then they'll announce that it's a hybrid with an 8-speed automatic trans and the ability to park itself.

That's my kind of sound - very nice. It's also changed my opinion of the car somewhat - it's shaping up as very serious tool.

bartboy: :lol:

New images of the LF-A, I personally find this more likable than the concept version.
bb_50956.jpeg

bb_50957.jpeg

bb_50958.jpeg

bb_50960.jpeg

I have to say, that looks a hell of a lot better than the concept car.

The rear end looks a little R8 to me, the front end is sort of generic supercar. I really like the side view, though.

One thing: the sound of that engine is absolutely sick. It sounds like a LeMans GT engine.

This car has a lot of potential. If the Lexus as good as it looks right now, if Nissan delivers on the GT-R and if Honda delivers on the NSX replacement (which looks amazing at this point), Japanese auto manufacturers are going to have three very good top-end sports cars.

that exhaust note is stunning i must say... o_O

The rear end looks a little R8 to me, the front end is sort of generic supercar. I really like the side view, though.

One thing: the sound of that engine is absolutely sick. It sounds like a LeMans GT engine.

This car has a lot of potential. If the Lexus as good as it looks right now, if Nissan delivers on the GT-R and if Honda delivers on the NSX replacement (which looks amazing at this point), Japanese auto manufacturers are going to have three very good top-end sports cars.

What about the Toyota FT-HS :p

oh...my ...god. That noise is almost as brain melting as the V8 Vantage

Holy crap. That is a wicked engine note.

NOBODY MOVES!
What it this? I am actually looking forward to a LEXUS sportscar, one with an engine noise that reminds me of a Ferrari and makes the hair on my arms raise?:blink:
Jeez...what an incredible sound, just how I like it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/05/06/...-as-pacecar-for-2007-japanese-grand/#comments

This article in autoblog is about a year old, I was very surprised to see how ambitious Lexus is when it comes to the weight, something they usually don't bother with much in their other cars. 2500 lbs is what they want this car to weigh, thats lighter than any car from the Supra range including the first one based on the Celica. The only modern supercar I can think of that produced weight figures similar are the Koenigseggs at about 2600 lbs.

This new Lexus line is excellent. I've driven the GS430, the GX470, and drooled over the new big LS. All exceptionally well made. If this new car is half a good as it looks, it will be awesome.