Starbucks Australia closing 61 stores. No more crap coffee.

^Glad to see the Lygon St one is closing. Stupid place to have ever even opened.

I knew the Hawthorn (Glenferrie Rd) one wouldn't close, that place rakes it in from the 'cool' school kids, it's absolutely packed from about 3.30 onwards.

^Glad to see the Lygon St one is closing. Stupid place to have ever even opened.

I knew the Hawthorn (Glenferrie Rd) one wouldn't close, that place rakes it in from the 'cool' school kids, it's absolutely packed from about 3.30 onwards.

we're far too cool for that out in the Eastern Suburbs :p

is it weird that aside from hearing references about it in movies/TV, I had never heard of Starbucks?

I can't remember seeing any, and i've been practically all around Europe.
I know Holland has them, but srsly thats the only place Ive ever seen one for real.

is .be the last of the Starbucks-free countries? If so yay :)

I believe Holland has only got 3 Starbucks shops and all of them are at Schiphol, so normally you wouldn't encounter one.;)
There are quite a few in Germany though...:(

If they sold good coffee they would not have closed. I am also in Melbourne and they have one at near Swanston and Lonsdale St corner, then one tram stop and there is another one Burke and Swanston, then one more stop to another one in the City Square, where there is a stray Wifi unsecured. They had as many shops as Seven Eleven has.

They haven't messed around - I was at Highpoint Shopping Centre today and that store is all closed off and on the way to being emptied out.

then one more stop to another one in the City Square, where there is a stray Wifi unsecured.

Yes, that would be the Telstra wifi that a few Starbucks had.

Can't say I've ever had Starbuck's before. Never really appealed to me.

After looking at the list posted above^^, I'm surprised just how many stores they had in Sydney, that I didn't know of.

The one on the cnr of Market and Elizabeth in Sydney is the one which drunk emos would constantly cross the street over from Hyde Park and piss on due to lack of toilets in the area.

I don't get why everybody hates Starbucks so much. Its been some years till I had my last coffee there, but back then it was absolutely okay, just enormously expensive, which I didn't quite understand. Still, before there was Starbucks in the US I never got anything there except brown water in a big mug, but things seem to have changed.

is it weird that aside from hearing references about it in movies/TV, I had never heard of Starbucks?

I can't remember seeing any, and i've been practically all around Europe.
I know Holland has them, but srsly thats the only place Ive ever seen one for real.

is .be the last of the Starbucks-free countries? If so yay :)

No starbucks in Finland either, Go Europe! (the EU sucks though)

I don't get why everybody hates Starbucks so much. Its been some years till I had my last coffee there, but back then it was absolutely okay, just enormously expensive, which I didn't quite understand. Still, before there was Starbucks in the US I never got anything there except brown water in a big mug, but things seem to have changed.
That's it. It is so much better then the normal diluted coffee Americans are used to. Most restaurant coffee tastes just like the sludge you get from the complimentary coffee maker at your mechanics.

Starbucks does offer a decent cup of coffee. Better then the norm, but still too bitter and poorly made to justify the price or be classified as gourmet. Their beans are over roasted and stale, and all their stupid gimmick drinks just mask the poor flavor of the coffee. If you get a large, excuse me Grande, plain cup of coffee from Starbucks it's no better then what you can brew at home.

And for fanchised coffee I go here
dunkin-donuts.gif

No Starbucks in Sweden! If they dont make really strong coffee, I understand why!