Stupid Driver Stories

And a Mustang.

I don't even...

I came up to a 4-way intersection with traffic lights behind another car, our light was red so we stopped. The road we were crossing was a main road so it has separate lights for through-traffic and left turns. I know that on that road the through-traffic from both directions are green at the same time, then they turn red and the left turn signals from both directions turn green. I don't know what the driver in front of me was smoking, but he drove through the intersection after the through-traffic of the road we were crossing came to a halt because their signals turned red... :?

I don't even...

I came up to a 4-way intersection with traffic lights behind another car, our light was red so we stopped. The road we were crossing was a main road so it has separate lights for through-traffic and left turns. I know that on that road the through-traffic from both directions are green at the same time, then they turn red and the left turn signals from both directions turn green. I don't know what the driver in front of me was smoking, but he drove through the intersection after the through-traffic of the road we were crossing came to a halt because their signals turned red... :?

I see a lot of that, traffic starts moving around me? Better follow!

The thing is that at that time no one moved except for that guy - even the left turning traffic hadn't moved an inch before the car in front of me accelerated...

happened to a collegue yesterday: work is at quite a busy road, and sometimes it takes a bit of time before you can cross the left lane, and merge into the right. she was waiting, there is a gap, she takes off...only to drive head one into another car, who came from a parking on the opposite side of the road, and wanted to use the same gap

they hadn't seen eachother... :bangin:

but i think in the future, instead of only checking left and right, she'll also check straight ahead :lol:

Had a close call yesterday. As the video starts, pay attention to the tan Camry on the left. As the van gets behind the Camry in the left lane, I stay in the right lane because at the fork I have to bear right. The Camry decides to also bear right... from the left lane... without signaling... or looking. You can see the shadow from her coming in from the left. After avoiding the Camry by swerving right and honking, she decides to accelerate to tail gate me while yelling something, which prompted me to pull a little evasive maneuver.

W
T
F

(NSFW language)

Today I had a middle-lane hogger in front of me. From far away when I was in the right lane I flashed my lights, then I changed to the middle lane and flashed again (still pretty far away). The middle-lane hogger didn't respond at all so I overtook her (yes, her...) and immediately changed to the right lane again without cutting her off. She honked at me and flashed her lights...

You know, sometimes I think the most basic rule like the obligation to drive on the right and to overtake on the left has been lost by some people...

I had to drop my wagon off for it's MOT on Friday night, i asked one of the guys to pick me up in the van.

As I'm waiting i think i see him at the roundabout with cars going around him, anyway he pulls up and there's a battered VW Camper behind him. Turns out the camper had walloped him at the roundabout... here's where the story gets delightful... An Astra came into the yard, which i assumed was a witness. Which he was, however he worked for the DVSA. The guy gets out of his camper "it's ok, the accelerator got stuck under my carpet."

DVSA bloke comes over "I'm sorry what's the problem with the carpet?"

It turns out the guy has used shagpile carpet in the camper, which he had either glued or stapled down. DVSA "Remove it or you're getting reported"

Enter camper man's wife, she didn't know who the guy in the hi-vis jacket was and i don't think many would, but she was giving him shit and she storms off.

Meanwhile the camper won't start, the Transit he hit has a step at the rear. Luckily it missed the radiator, so maybe it's just a shitty camper being a shitty camper and refusing to start because the owner was a twat.

DVSA bloke was on his way home, had he been at work i believe he would have raped the camper driver of several hundred pounds.

Today I had a middle-lane hogger in front of me. From far away when I was in the right lane I flashed my lights, then I changed to the middle lane and flashed again (still pretty far away). The middle-lane hogger didn't respond at all so I overtook her (yes, her...) and immediately changed to the right lane again without cutting her off. She honked at me and flashed her lights...

You know, sometimes I think the most basic rule like the obligation to drive on the right and to overtake on the left has been lost by some people...

I see this every time I have to use the motorways in Switzerland. Three lanes, the right one is usually completely empty, the middle lane is filled with people doing 20 kph below the speed limit, and the left lane has people doing 10 kph below the speed limit. But if you even so much as think of overtaking on the empty right lane you get banned from the country. And flashing your lights is probably also a capital crime.

I get that you maybe don't want to change lanes too often when there is slower traffic in the right lane, but whenever I drive from Zurich to Basel or back it's usually way outside of working hours and therefore there are no trucks on the motorway. But still every car is either in the middle or the left lane AND driving too slow. Now I'm really not the speeding type, but doing 100 kph on a 120 kph straight motorway and blocking others by needlessly hogging either the middle or left lane just grinds my gears in a very bad way.

Today I didn't have a middle-lane hogger but several people cutting into my safety distance which I had to leave moderately big since rain poured down pretty heavily. Additionally, many people don't realize their dark coloured car isn't really visible if they don't turn their lights on in the rain... :no:

I never really had a problem with middle lane hogging, to me it's fairly logical to cruise in the middle lane as people are merging on/off in the right lane all the time

Especially if the right lane has a constant, if broken up, flow of much slower big trucks. Sure it can be fun weaving from right to middle to right to middle over and over again, but it gets tiresome.

Especially if the right lane has a constant, if broken up, flow of much slower big trucks. Sure it can be fun weaving from right to middle to right to middle over and over again, but it gets tiresome.

Even without trucks, most highways around NYC/LI area have exits 1-2 miles apart, there is always traffic merging on and off so you will constantly be slowing down or dodging inattentive mergers.

Middle lane is fine. Just go faster than the right lane is all I ask.

To the white trash fucker in the beat to shit new edge Mustang convertible who thought trying to pass over a crest with oncoming traffic on a narrow 2 lane county road was a good plan. I sincerely hope your bald ass tires throw you into a ditch infested with blood sucking leaches and you die a painful and slow death.

Now with video:

Last edited:
Today I encountered not one, but a whole bunch of stupid drivers in a multi-storey car park...

That particular multi-storey is laid out in two parallel straight aisles, the connecting ramps for going up are at the far ends of the aisles while the connecting ramps for going down are on one end inbetween those ramps. I parked at the third level and wanted to drive out again, but everybody stopped for 5 minutes without moving at all. When I got out of the car to see what was going on I saw that people wanting to go up stood in the middle of the aisle blocking people from going down to the next downramp so it caused a jam from people coming down. The jam stood one level further up in the middle of the aisle blocking people coming from the upramp, causing a gridlock. Two people who wanted to go up left huge gaps, but they stood between the downramps so people wanting to go down couldn't reach the next downramp.

As soon as I told these two people to close those gaps the gridlock vanished instantly... :bangin:

I nominate myself, was pulling out of a drive through and there is a small turn at the end. So I turned but not enough, luckily my generation Mustang has unpainted rocker panels so it's just a bit of scuffing on the bottom and if it really bothers me replacements are $200 new from LMR. It just really fucking annoying because this has got to be a millionth time I have gone through there and first time I failed like that