Stupid Driver Stories

Yeah. I found myself to be a bit short on riot cuffs and the wherewithal to wrestle them to the ground. Service station tomfoolery/pissing contests seem to happen more than I thought, though.

Yeah. I found myself to be a bit short on riot cuffs and the wherewithal to wrestle them to the ground. Service station tomfoolery/pissing contests seem to happen more than I thought, though.

That happens wherever there are drunken morons who are out for a night on the town in their car that discover they need fuel.

Also, big zipties can substitute for riot cuffs (especially with the drunk), zipties should be in your car toolkit. What makes you think I wrestled them down? :p :mrgreen: If you do it right, you end up with them putting the cuffs on each other, and their keys end up in their own pool of urine.

Last edited:
That happens wherever there are drunken morons who are out for a night on the town in their car that discover they need fuel.

Also, big zipties can substitute for riot cuffs (especially with the drunk), zipties should be in your car toolkit. What makes you think I wrestled them down? :p :mrgreen: If you do it right, you end up with them putting the cuffs on each other, and their keys end up in their own pool of urine.
I'm pretty sure he can't legally own fire arms in Finland :p

I think it's kind of funny that I was never in such situation. Then again not many people pick on an eastern European looking dude wearing paramilitary attire. :p

I'm pretty sure he can't legally own fire arms in Finland :p

Actually, Finland is one of the more liberal European countries in terms of gun ownership. Although carrying a loaded weapon with you still isn't allowed.

Last night after 1AM I pulled over to refuel, and was greeted by the sight of a drunken ensemble with their carbage E36 cabrio (I take it their driver was probably sober). One of the guys was urinating into the service station trashcan, while another stumbled around with a service station windscreen washer wiper thingy. As I got out of the car to fill it up, that guy came forward and proceeded to rub my car's dirty roof and rear screen with the washer. I was baffled. "Let's give a little wash", he muttered and despite my objections continued. Seriously uncool, but as I wasn't eager to get my ass kicked by brawly, drunken BMW guys in the middle of nowhere, I filled my tank and decided not to make a scene. "Hope you didn't get mad for us washing your car a bit", the other guy asked as I finished filling the tank and the washer guy giggled in the background. "Hmmmh, not really, but you didn't even do the windshield." And with that I left. Hope they hit the moose I saw later by the side of the road.

On our way to LA we stopped at a very busy service station for fuel. As I'm gassing up some kid comes over and picks up the squeegee and goes to wipe the windows. The car was perfectly clean since we missed the morning bug-hatch and I had just had it washed. The kid is not a service-station employee, he's not wearing a uniform, has no name tag - and seriously, what service station wipes your windows. I turn around just in time to spot him about to accost the car so I yell at him to leave it alone (it was very noisy). He just stared at me, slack jawed, "But.. your windows." I interrupted, ".. Are fine! Leave it alone"
The whole time he sitting there dribbling black water from the sponge side of the wiper onto my windscreen.
"Put it down and leave my car alone."
This seemed to sink in, but now I have brackish water spotting half my windscreen. I had to dig into the boot to get the glass cleaner and paper towel before we got back on the road.

There are some stations here that don't have self service and offer to wash your windows, check the fluids and and fuel it up themselves, but they always ask first and you can still do it yourself anyway.

Those disappeared around the 1960s here in the US. Some states have laws that say an attendant has to pump your gas (Oregon) as a bullshit way to create jobs, but that's all the do.

We still have some full service gas stations kept in Texas. They are certainly an endangered species, but they do still exist.

I was waiting for my dad outside his house and saw a GT-R driving towards me, except he was going like 5-10mph and holding up EVERYBODY. For extra points he tried to move over to the right to open up space for people to pass, except he moved barely half a foot and got scared of hitting the car (there were like 4 feet of space on his right still) and moved back out all very hectic, no signals and still going 10mph......

They need to have mandatory road test for people buying performance cars at time of purchase and a day of racing school....

Maybe he was just scared of voiding his warranty. :lol:

Those disappeared around the 1960s here in the US. Some states have laws that say an attendant has to pump your gas (Oregon) as a bullshit way to create jobs, but that's all the do.
NJ is the same way, I fucking hate it, waiting for ONE guy who works there to fill up like 10 cars at a busy gas station on one of the most travelled roads in the state.... (the 1 and 9 usually has retarded amount of traffic because it leads to/from NYC and has a shitload of stuff on it.

I got an epic one for you guys, if I feel less lazy I will upload a pic of the aftermath.

I get a txt from a friend of mine with a picture of her car with a gigantic dent in the driver door and front mostly on the curb. Turns out her car was parked (she wasn't in it) and some completely fucking idiot was driving in his flip flops, one of them jammed accell at WOT and managed to actually hit the car hard enough to make it jump the curb while it was parked..... Luckily her car is a boring ass GS something or other so no big loss if it has to be junked, she can just get a better car :p
34627_582461810248_54700313_32926659_4019080_n.jpg

34627_582461815238_54700313_32926660_1964482_n.jpg

34627_582461820228_54700313_32926661_8155004_n.jpg

Last edited:
I saw an interesting driver on the other day. First he was driving something like 20 km/h on a 40 km/h zone, and eventually got to an intersection. It was a three lane road with two lanes turning left and one lane going straight. He was on a rightmost lane. There were traffic lights so that on the left lanes were arrow lights and a normal light on the right.
Right light was green, but left was red. And the driver decided that since nobody else was moving he didn't move either. So he was standing on a green light. Next the lights change so that straight light goes red and left turning light goes green. What does he do? Starts driving, of course. Luckily nobody was coming from the right, and pedestrians avoided him too.

Drive-thru Japanese anyone?

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2010/07/07/photo.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2010/07/07/photo_2.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2010/07/07/photo_3.jpg

Happened outside work.

Five people have suffered minor injuries when a car crashed into a restaurant in the Perth CBD.

A car clipped a CAT bus on Hay Street before crashing into the Matsuri Japanese restaurant this afternoon.

Several patrons were showered with glass, and five people, including a young girl, have been taken to hospital.

Hay Street between King and Milligan Streets has been closed to traffic for at least two hours.

Last edited:
people who do things like in the post above should be shot. there is no excuse (bar mechanical failure)

idiocracy is coming true

Could have been a lot worse. An hour earlier was peak lunch time.

Busy 4 lane road, intersection with red lights and a turnof lane for going right onto a smaller road, I approach, lights are green, I want to go right, only there is this guy in an old toyota just sitting there, past the stopline and the actual light, just after the turn, just sitting there at a weird angle, so I stop behind him, halfway passed the light , wait a few seconds, he is still sitting...... at this point I realise he is just babbling on a bloody phone! He just pulled of the mainroad and used the turnof lane and smaller road as a bloody parkingspace!
I had no room to go around him and even if I did there would be way to much traffic in the other lanes to attempt that so I had no place to go.
I tap the horn, airhorns still on, guy's windows where down, guy gets the surprise of his lifetime, drops the phone, know what he does? starts digging around under the seat looking for it! :blowup:

Sice I am a proffesional graphic designer I made this detailed, highly realistic rendering....

2ze9s43.jpg

Busy 4 lane road, intersection with red lights and a turnof lane for going right onto a smaller road, I approach, lights are green, I want to go right, only there is this guy in an old toyota just sitting there, past the stopline and the actual light, just after the turn, just sitting there at a weird angle, so I stop behind him, halfway passed the light , wait a few seconds, he is still sitting...... at this point I realise he is just babbling on a bloody phone! He just pulled of the mainroad and used the turnof lane and smaller road as a bloody parkingspace!
I had no room to go around him and even if I did there would be way to much traffic in the other lanes to attempt that so I had no place to go.
I tap the horn, airhorns still on, guy's windows where down, guy gets the surprise of his lifetime, drops the phone, know what he does? starts digging around under the seat looking for it! :blowup:

Sice I am a proffesional graphic designer I made this detailed, highly realistic rendering....

2ze9s43.jpg
The joys of a big truck in Belgium :D

The joys of a big truck in Belgium :D

Actualy it was my worktruck, witch is quite big yess, or did you mean something else? :whistle: ......and even if I would have been in a mini it wouldent have made any difference.

Last edited:
Actualy it was my worktruck, witch is quite big yess, or did you mean something else? :whistle: ......and even if I would have been in a mini it wouldent have made any difference.

I suspect your truck is quite a bit more intimidating than a mini :p

I suspect your truck is quite a bit more intimidating than a mini :p

Problem with intimidation is that it only works if the other guy is actualy in the same universe as me......In this case I'm not sure were he was :p