Stupid Driver Stories

YOUR TURN SIGNALS, PEOPLE.... They don't put them on cars as styling features. FUCKING USE THEM
A number of people around here seem to treat them as optional.
Most of the time you can kind of "sense" that they are going to turn by their behavior, but that's not always the case.
Just as annoying are people that use them way too close before the turn, or even after they're already turning.
And then of course you have the ones that use it too early. You know, the ones that switch on the indicator at the point when there are still two or three side streets before they actually turn.

Another favorite habit around here seems to be to not switch lanes until the last possible nanosecond when approaching a stationary/slowing car that is making a turn in that lane.
On more than one occasion I've had to abandon my left turn onto the road to work in order to not get ran over.
The last time this happened I turn on my signal plenty early with a semi truck at least a hundred feet behind me, giving him a boatload of time to switch to the right lane while I wait for oncoming traffic.
Instead of doing that, the bastard just keeps barreling down on me in the left lane.
Finally he just gets too close for comfort and I abandon my left turn and nail the throttle.
The son of a bitch switches in the right lane with only feet to spare.
Switch lanes at the earliest safe opportunity when seeing a stationary/slowing vehicle, not at the latest! But that among many other things is lost on drivers in this area. :mad:

Last edited:
What is "VAG"? I was reading through the conversation and every time I saw "VAG", I read it as "vag--" in my head... short for "Vagina".

This can't be right... the parts content of porches isn't mostly vagina is it?
Volkswagen auto group iirc, and I read it the same way. :|

Kind of true with my car, I might as well be driving a vagina. It's a shame I am not a lesbian.

You can always learn. :)

Volkswagen group. Thanks, that clears things up :)

I might as well be driving a vagina.

LOL! That should be a slogan: "The new V-dub Beetle, for when you might as well be driving a vagina."

Volkswagen auto group iirc, and I read it the same way. :|

Kind of true with my car, I might as well be driving a vagina. It's a shame I am not a lesbian.

No, to be driving a vagina you would have to own one of these:
1958EdselRanger.jpg

Yes, the grille was actually designed to resemble that organ.

YOUR TURN SIGNALS, PEOPLE.... They don't put them on cars as styling features. FUCKING USE THEM

........That will be all for now

Yea the majority don't use their blinkers cuz they all suck. Anyways when people do use their blinkers around here, it's their excuse to cut you off in attempt to avoid missing a turn.

It's just like people and stop signs. Can't tell you how many people don't care for the big red sign that says stop, or how many people don't notice a stop line. I've had so many close encounters from people not caring for a sign that they should obey, idc if they roll into it as long as they see me and stop in time.

I love the Edsel.

I think it's wicked looking.

Hi,
I was driving at the link road and saw a car is coming to me like a zig zag, i was wondered and tried to slow down. i pressed horn several time to make her know about my presence but all in fade. Suddenly i was succeeded to escape my self and my car too. Yes it was a Lady driver..............

Good evidence that all bicyclists are asshats in the film.

That said, if that's all the guy has to put up with in Dublin, he should count himself lucky. LA is worse.

That said, if that's all the guy has to put up with in Dublin, he should count himself lucky. LA is worse.
Yeah I was gonna say it don't look THAT bad.

And pedestrians. "OH HAY I walk into street without looking, I have right of way! Stopping distance? What's that?"

and yeah I get most of that on my commute, not the blatant red light running but the cutting off taking turns from the wrong side of the road etc.

That little car that tried to smash him into the parked cars just to get a parking spot genuinely scared me and got my heart racing. Same thing for the car making the left turn from the right lane. That movement was almost identical to how I got hit on the freeway and it still freaks me out.

As for some of the cyclists and pedestrians crossing after the red: I saw a guy do that regularly in California. He would start crossing right as traffic was about to move and hold everyone up. Finally I ended up on the front line when he was there, I waited for him to get to the middle lane (I was in the left) and then I drove off. The right lane was already moving and he was stuck in the middle of the road with cars from all lanes just driving around him.

I don't think he did it again for a while.

Last edited:
I need to post a couple in the bicycle thread. The video I took for the country driving thread was actually about 40 minutes long and there are two hilarious cyclists doing dumb shit.

Here's a nice compilation of stupid drivers from Youtube:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBK8gIzXe1I[/video]

I hate people who brake in front of you for no apparent reason and then, when you change the lane to pass them, they accelerate again and race you.