Stupid Driver Stories

The fact that it's unused and therefore full of dirt, little stones, pieces of broken glass, etc. Mostly, anyway. If the shoulder is in a condition to be used, I do it gladly.

Or, you know, the lycrabrigade could get some proper tyres on their little toy instead of the paperthin 'racing' crap they have now that goes flat when someone mentions the word pebble.

I'm sorry but that reasoning is just bogus, the peddlepushers wanted bycycle paths, cardrives paid for them, now they don't use them because there's some dirt on them? And the reason there is dirt on them is because they don't use them?
This is the same kind of moronic logic they use to justify their reckless behaviour "we have to ride fast, we have to cross intersections whithout stopping or even looking, we have to shout everyone out of the way, because if we don't and we lose our pace, its not a proper workout"

Want a workout? Go to a Gym. If I race my car on the streets I will go to jail, but if you're a pedalpusher, it's all fucking OK, because its all for 'sport'.

/rant

Last edited:
The fact that it's unused and therefore full of dirt, little stones, pieces of broken glass, etc. Mostly, anyway. If the shoulder is in a condition to be used, I do it gladly.

The unused section in question is possibly more free of debris than the road itself. Perfectly clear, smooth tarmac.

some proper tyres
The problem is the same on "proper tyres".
the peddlepushers wanted bycycle paths
No, you're wrong. Car drivers want bicycle paths to get bicyclists out of their way because apparently not using a car makes people a lower lifeform.

There is never a problem if everyone just drives/rides like a sensible person. I've made very good experience with that approach. The only traffic participants that cause problems are the one that behave like they own the road - doesn't matter what kind of vehicle they use.

Toys Bicycles on the road are a rolling trafficopstruction no matter how they behave, it gets alot worse when they act obnoxious sure, but the simple fact of taking your bike out of the garage means you are hindering motorists.

You simply are to slow outside of town, and everbody needs to get around you when passing = rolling obstruction.

I'm sorry for wording it that strong but my tolerance for cyclists is almost zero, you should spend a few months making your living on the road, you will feel the same, infact I don't know a single professional driver that doesn't.

Last edited:
On a different note, I saw a stupid scooter rider today. I was on my scooter too, and this man on his maxi-scooter overtook me, then got on the wrong side of the road (which is a bus lane, so it's not too full of cars) and rode along for a good bit, aiming to overtake the car some 50 meters in front, who was slowing down. The car was slowing down because it wanted to turn, so it was on the correct side of the lane, it turned on the indicator and started its manoeuver, while the man on the maxi-scooter almost crashed into it because he noticed the indicator too late.

The man was skilled, though, or plain lucky, because he braked hard and kept control of the scooter, which was shaking wildly. I honestly thought they would crash, but the man on the scooter managed to stop in time. I don't think the car even noticed the thing.

Now, for the man on the scooter: that's why you should keep the right (both meanings) lane and not do some idiotic moves like you were alone on the road.

That is a disgrace to Polo drivers. She doesn't deserve that car D:

This happened today during random videotaping of norwegian weather and traffic:
*video*
See the black car on the right? Yeah, there was another one right behind it doing the exact same thing. She missed the passenger side door by 5-10cm..

Just a quick one from me...

As I'm entering Blawnox, I'm still a bit off from this particular intersection where this occurred. I see this blue early-2000s Chevy Tahoe coming the other way. He makes the left turn at a pretty good clip (his truck rolled a fair bit while making the turn) and proceeds right up the hill. Right behind him is a new-ish Ford Expedition. At this point I'm getting rather close to the intersection, but there's still enough room for the Ford to make a quick left...which he does. As the Expedition makes the left and charges up the hill, I notice that it's the Blawnox Police truck (the stripe and police shield reflected on my car's headlights).

As soon as he makes the left he kicks the lights on and pulls the Chevy over. Probably caught for speeding (or reckless driving, because he did take that turn pretty fast).

That gave me a good laugh.

- Dan

You think that's bad? Ever been to china?

Edit: Forgot to add my story

So I'm in my friend's car, driving down a bridge that has a right-hand side exit to the perpendicular road below.

There are two cars with out-of-town license plates in front of us. I'm assuming they're traveling in a group since it makes the most sense as my story continues.

Car A, the car in front, decides to take said exit and begins coasting to the right, but oddly, staying partially in my lane AND the exit lane. Car B, for whatever reason, trails unnervingly close behind.

They pass the sign that has the exit name/number on it and I know the water (or sand IDK) barrels are like 30 feet ahead as the bridge continues straight and the exit lane falls downwards (towards the road below).

The pair still haven't budged from their two-lane position and the drivers in Car A must've been arguing or something because the barrels were approaching awfully quick.

Right before the end of the exit lane, and right before the barrels, Car A pulls back into my lane. Car B swerves en suite with inches to spare and was so surprised he nearly bulldozed the car in the lane left of us. To top it off, the car in the left lane that nearly got hit, twitched a bit and nearly hit the concrete barriers.

How exciting!

Last edited:
Seen two days ago in Cannes, France: Five teens and a Peugeot.

[video=youtube;3ml0-i0bn1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ml0-i0bn1c[/video]

Probably happend only one minute before I came on the scene. Oncoming drivers already had asked if anyone was injured.
It looked like they went straight over that gravel bed (the one the van has climbed) - In a 30km/h zone. - WTF?

Greetings, lip

Last edited:
Haha, fail. The driver probably didn't notice he was out of the roundabout and didn't turn the wheel back to the straight position ><

BTW, I like the sound of your car. Is it a Honda?

^ You can make your 1.2 Polo to give out the the same sound. - All you need is a hole in the exhaust. XD

Lip aren't you Swiss? Yet your satnav speaks English :p

Mine too (that same voice, to be precise). I liked the accent. Plus, the italian voice was a male one (others to be downloaded at a price...), and I wanted a female voice to guide me.

Last edited:
Mine too (that same voice, to be precise). I liked the accent. Plus, the italian voice was a male one (others to be downloaded at a price...), and I wanted a female voice to guide me.
See I'm the opposite. I'll be damned if some random woman tells me what to do!!!! :p (my old navi had the most annoying female voice ever)

Caught this on video the other day:

An obviously blind man in a blue Astra heads straight into the wrong end of a one-way street. He doesn't seem to notice his mistake
5830069982_1e1faafcb9_b.jpg

"Why are the cars all parked in a way I cannot turn into a parking space?"
5829766895_268782e351_b.jpg

"Something is definitely wrong here... but what?"
5830320860_ed9a7b4072_b.jpg

It had to happen: Another car (a silver SUV) comes from the opposite (and correct) direction and both are face to face
5830316820_f29bb36718_b.jpg

Only one way out: Drive over the cycle path on the right
5830319080_9538beae9c_b.jpg

Amazingly this went without any honking. Obviously both drivers were too flabbergasted to react to the situation.

Yep, but from a Swiss point of view High German is as much a foreign language as English. - And while the English voice has some flight attantend flair, the High German one sounds like a bored teacher. :lol:

Happens on my street quite a bit, I generally drop a gear and accelerate towards the driver (street is wide enough for two cars), some hilarious reactions can be had (yes I'm a dick sometimes)