Stupid Driver Stories

Today when I went home from work I had a stupid driver in front of me. On this picture you can see that there are two sets of lights when you come out of the street where I work: the first is for the pedestrian crossing, the second for the traversing road. They are synchronized so first the first light goes off (since it doesn't have green), shortly afterwards either the second light for turning right or both lights (for turning left and right) turn green, that depends on if there is a car waiting for turning left. The first set of lights then turns red again so people stopping for the second set of lights don't clog up the pedestrian crossing, then the second set of lights turn red.

I and the driver in front of me wanted to turn right, both lights were red, but the driver in front of me ignored the first set of lights completely and stopped at the second one. When that one turned green he took about 10 seconds to register it (as I'm patient I didn't honk) and took off. Then, after turning, he wanted to go straight on so he had to take the third lane from the right since the rightmost and the adjacent lane are for turning right at the next intersection which comes up just 200 m afterwards (you can see it on that picture). The thing is that he went over to the third lane way too early so he ended up in the turning lane of the opposite direction, I'd say from the point where the linked google streetview picture was taken...

:lol: The links are to maps.google.de, apparently google accidentally went a bit further east than that...

Seems a common issue with Germans ;)

Best part is that all the names are German names BUT written in Russian, it actually took me a second to figure out...

There's no plans to make one because it's already been established as the EU. :mrgreen: :p
I thought it was about the French trying to recreate the Napoleonic empire? :p

Seen last week:
2017-06-23_Fr__114_.JPG

Note that he was right infront of me before but then turned left infront of the blue sign. :?

Last edited:
For a good while those tracks looked like a long burnout..

This is why I need a dashcam... see where the cement truck is, is an entrance/exit from a cement place. I was driving behind someone going in the same direction truck in the picture is going. All of a sudden a truck pulls out without looking and the guy in front of me instead of braking decides to try and race it, except it's a truck so it goes all the way into the left lane and forces the dude to go into on coming traffic to avoid collision. I was of course happily watching this dumbassery from behind.
Selection_001.png

Yesterday I was driving on this onramp https://www.google.it/maps/@44.5231465,11.2948076,3a,75y,288.15h,88.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szuRsit_w4azf-898qIK2Nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656, when a guy on a motorbike tried to overtake me on the left, completely on the wrong side of the road.

He had to slow down short before the lanes split and the rail starts in the middle, and I, just to be extra-sure he wouldn't try some other stupid thing, accelerated a bit.

On the motorway-like road, I got myself up to speed quite fast; he close up the distance, overtook me, placed himself in front of me with little space to spare, then... brake-checked me...

Really, a motorbike brake-checked me at 90 kph (that's... what? 55 mph?)

I moved over to the next lane and didn't change my speed. I moved too, and then I moved to the free lane again while flipping him my finger with a gentle smile.

He stayed a bit in front of me checking what I was doing, I didn't do anything at all exept for driving at the right speed on the correct lane. Then he lost interest and sped up.

That's a whole new level of idiocy I witnessed here.

Yesterday I was driving on this onramp https://www.google.it/maps/@44.5231465,11.2948076,3a,75y,288.15h,88.83t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szuRsit_w4azf-898qIK2Nw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656, when a guy on a motorbike tried to overtake me on the left, completely on the wrong side of the road.

He had to slow down short before the lanes split and the rail starts in the middle, and I, just to be extra-sure he wouldn't try some other stupid thing, accelerated a bit.

On the motorway-like road, I got myself up to speed quite fast; he close up the distance, overtook me, placed himself in front of me with little space to spare, then... brake-checked me...

Really, a motorbike brake-checked me at 90 kph (that's... what? 55 mph?)

I moved over to the next lane and didn't change my speed. I moved too, and then I moved to the free lane again while flipping him my finger with a gentle smile.

He stayed a bit in front of me checking what I was doing, I didn't do anything at all exept for driving at the right speed on the correct lane. Then he lost interest and sped up.

That's a whole new level of idiocy I witnessed here.

How stupid can one be?

My first experience with Italian motorbikers was back in 2003, when I witnessed two or three of them going through a traffic jam (stop and go at walking speed) at a speed of about 60 to 80 kph. And then changing from going between the lanes to the shoulder through a 20 metre gap on the right lane, without braking.

Last edited:
My first experience with Italian motorbikers was back in 2003, when I witnessed two or three of them going through a traffic jam (stop and go at walking speed) at a speed of about 60 to 80 kph. And then changing from going between the lanes to the shoulder through a 20 metre gap on the right lane, without braking.

That's par for the course when it comes to many motorbikes, it's the brake checking a car that's retarded.

Yeah that it is.

Also, my point was not the lane-splitting in a traffic jam - that I do myself - but the idioticly high speed that it was taking place at.

Seen today:

Apparently this Black Golf had a try at reverse parking...
2017-07-22_Sa__Z__rich_Trip__41_.JPG

Result! :?
2017-07-22_Sa__Z__rich_Trip__40_.JPG

French drivers in general - where to begin and where to end? :?

It's so frustrating to see people being oblivious on the motorway, either
a) indicating left in the middle of three lanes while overtaking someone else so you can never be sure if the driver wants to go to the left lane or not
b) not indicating at all when changing lanes or
c) driving at 110 kph with the hazards on - yes, we've seen that multiple times on the roadtrip, not just once

Additionally, some drivers are not indicating at all at roundabouts, neither on entry nor on exit...

Oh, and the other half of frenchmen are crazy - driving at speeds which I wouldn't do on twisty roads with minibuses plus trailers for canoes...

The road before this intersection is one lane, splits into two shortly before the light, then (as you can see) goes back down to one lane after the light. Both lanes are allowed to go straight. As I approached the intersection, there was a car in the left lane sitting at a red light. The light turned green while I was still moving so I went into the right lane to pass, as the other car (an Impala) started to go from a stop. Suddenly, without signaling, he/she decided to turn into the car dealership on the right... from the left lane. Close f-ing call!!!

road.jpg