Stupid Driver Stories

This bullshit

Several police cars and a tow truck passed us on the freeway, so clearly there was an accident up ahead. The freeway was not officially closed and the police did not direct anyone to leave on the ramp, and yet these morons decided that was the right thing to do. Some would try to pull a U, others simply decided to backup (there were 6 people going in reverse in a row before I started filming). Don't mind the police car trying to get onto the freeway being blocked by all these morons. I'm sure the people they were responding to could wait.

Oh and that Hyundai at the very beggining just couldn't be bothered to wait and blasted up the breakdown lane to do a U. Fuck all these people. Yeah, traffic sucks, but fuck you.

Oh, and it was a pretty serious accident. A GMC Envoy somehow managed to rollover (several times by the looks of it).

Last edited:
Der Stig and I saw this Sunday afternoon.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4721\/38819569320_1cdef8e8e4_o.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Yes, that is someone driving around with the spare tire and carrier noisily dragging the ground.

Last edited:
Today a bit of comedy...

I was cycling to work on a main-ish road doing about 30 kph/20 mph. Since there are back roads to the left I want to turn into the next back road to the left and I indicate way before the turning to let other people know. One motorist was "MGIF" (must get in front) and overtook me with inches to spare since there was a truck oncoming. I gestured half-heartedly, made sure the car behind wasn't going to do the same (which he didn't) and turned off. The driver of the car behind shouted this gem out of his window: "Stupid cyclist, take the cycle lane!"

First kicker: the sidewalk there isn't even "free for cyclists" (that's an additional sign to the "sidewalk only" sign, you don't have to cycle there) so I didn't have any other possibility to cycle except on the road...

Second kicker: about 1 km later I caught up to that very car, he sat in a traffic jam which is perfectly normal for this time of day, and I overtook him...

Today I read a story about an 18-year old whose driver's license has been revoked just 49 minutes after his driving test - he sped through a city at 95 kph instead of 50 which was allowed there...

How friggin' stupid do you have to be to
a) drive almost twice the speed limit and
b) to do that after not even an hour of owning a driver's license?

The thing is that the fines for this in Germany are just too damn low - he has to pay 200 Euros (that's the same for people who had their license longer than 2 years), probably gets his license back after 2 months (that's the same for people who had their license longer than 2 years as well) and has to attend extra tuition (that's only for people who passed their driving test in the last two years). Everywhere else you would have to pay at least 600-700 Euros for this kind of offense...

Eye-Q;n3554997 said:
Today I read a story about an 18-year old whose driver's license has been revoked just 49 minutes after his driving test - he sped through a city at 95 kph instead of 50 which was allowed there...

How friggin' stupid do you have to be to
a) drive almost twice the speed limit and
b) to do that after not even an hour of owning a driver's license?

The thing is that the fines for this in Germany are just too damn low - he has to pay 200 Euros (that's the same for people who had their license longer than 2 years), probably gets his license back after 2 months (that's the same for people who had their license longer than 2 years as well) and has to attend extra tuition (that's only for people who passed their driving test in the last two years). Everywhere else you would have to pay at least 600-700 Euros for this kind of offense...

That honestly depends on where you are and how artificially low the limit is. There is a stretch of city road (25mph limit) near my house where going 50+ is common, there are no traffic lights/intersections or houses and it's a 4 lane.

No, the stupid does not depend on that. There are of course situations where driving faster than allowed is not inherently stupid, but doing it to show off to your friends just after having gotten your licence is tremendously stupid regardless of how ridiculous the limit might be. That boy will be mercilessly ridiculed at school for the forseeable future, and that is highly deserved.

more like ridiculed for losing his license withing an hour of getting it
the cause doesn't matter...

Normally it's a bit more congested at 8 - maybe 20% more traffic - but it was this empty due to an accident that closed off much of the highway a mile and a half back down the road that had traffic stopped/greatly slowed to funnel down to one lane.

Would have posted this earlier but I lost the source video file.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4903\/32228917268_a985d2fc2b_z.jpg"}[/IMG2]
Frame-29-11-2018-00-57-00

That's a Lexus RX300 that someone managed to roll in a single vehicle accident - nobody hit it, they just managed to roll it by themselves. On a well lit road, in the dry, on a straight.

Special.

Even 20% more is not much traffic by what I am used to.

Impressive on the RX flipping over they are not even that high centered.

more like ridiculed for losing his license withing an hour of getting it
the cause doesn't matter...

I know I guy who got his suspended before he got it.....

Getting into an accident with an uninsured not inspected car while admitting in the police report that you were speeding while on your learner permit, they don't like that..... the argument 'my dad has financial problems so none of his cars are insured' did not go down terribly well either.

I know I guy who got his suspended before he got it.....

I know a fella who got banned before getting his license, didn't stop him from driving though. His logic was that banning him was pointless as he was already banned, he couldn't pay any fines and they couldn't afford to keep him in jail for any length of time...

Oh yes, I know the kind well, nothing left to lose, so nothing to be done, "justice" again failing miserable there.....they guy in my example was stupid enough to have a job so they could at least fine him.