subaru experts needed.

yea the flat engines do sound awesome. best sounding 4cly engines.. though still cant beat a 4 rotor.

ok signed my life away on it... so aparently it only needs 3 things to get saftied . the exhaust header/manifold a bulb for the licence plate. and a windsheild. the pipe and the bulb are included in the sale price i just have to find a windsheild or pay for them to replace it.

The exhaust can be fun from what I've seen of Subaru engine bays.

i dont have to worry about it/ all i have to worry aobut is the window

also observations for the subaru.
the gearbox is NOT anywhere near as nice as the mazda's. 3rd is easy to miss
the clutch pedal is where the break would be on my car also clutchfeel is odd... its stiffer but has less feel.
its much easyer to heal toe in the subaru
its got more power and rides better but not as fun to drive.

its odd going from a sharp and precise work of art like the mazda to something a bit different....1.3.5<--- subaru....1..3...5 <---- mazda
............................................................................................................................... 2.4......................2..4
the throws are a bit longer but everythings smooth and positive in the mazda.

Last edited:
Subaru clutches are notorious for having a bit quick clutches..due mostly to the different rev band of the boxer motor. If you think the MT is crazy, the 4AT is even more idiotic(loves to downshift randomly in traffic).

Exhaust isnt that bad as long as you have some jackstands. Could go get some borla knockoffs for a better rumble...

Id recommend these sites for research and questions:

sl-i.net (Subaru Legacy International, great site, few members here are on there plus lots of Canadians too!)

LegacyGT.com (mostly for newer gen Legacies, but still good resource)

im already a Legacygt-er ill check out the other one.

Maybe I should join that Legacy forum. But I'm leaving the car to my sister soon. She went with her friend to learn to drive it today while I took the Passat.

well windshild costs $260

ill be picking the car up tomorow afternoon. wooo!

Subaru clutches are notorious for having a bit quick clutches..due mostly to the different rev band of the boxer motor. If you think the MT is crazy, the 4AT is even more idiotic(loves to downshift randomly in traffic).

Exhaust isnt that bad as long as you have some jackstands. Could go get some borla knockoffs for a better rumble...

Id recommend these sites for research and questions:

sl-i.net (Subaru Legacy International, great site, few members here are on there plus lots of Canadians too!)

LegacyGT.com (mostly for newer gen Legacies, but still good resource)

I find in our STI that the throws are very short and the clutch isn't anything special - honda have a much nicer manual gearbox I found (at the cost of a lot less power I suppose)

best manual i'v driven is my rx7 i bet the miata has an even better gear box (designed to imitate the boxer)

best manual i'v driven is my rx7 i bet the miata has an even better gear box (designed to imitate the boxer)

has the nc miata not the same asin sixspeeed as the s2000 and the rx-8? because the six speed from an s2000 ist pretty good, even though i still prefer the getrag six speed from the bmw m-cars. strangly, that's a stronger version of the getrag sixspeed found in a supra mk3 (at least in europe).