Concept: Subaru Impreza Concept: yes please

Phila

Car(s)
1995 Subaru Legacy, 2008 Subaru Legacy
01-subaru-impreza-concept-la-2010.jpg

08-subaru-impreza-concept-la-2010.jpg

02-subaru-impreza-concept-la-2010.jpg

Autoblog said:
One of the biggest surprises (so far...) of the 2010 LA Auto Show has to be the Subaru Impreza Design Concept that snuck up on us just a few hours ago. Some thought it might be the long-awaited Subota coupe (a close cousin of the Toyobaru, of course), but in reality what we have here is a conceptual sedan that the Japanese automaker claims will heavily influence future models... namely the Impreza, we'd wager.

Yes, there's a working 2.0-liter naturally-aspirated four-cylinder engine bolted to a CVT gearbox behind that shapely new front grille and its massive side vents, but it's the styling we're really intrigued by. To that end, be sure to take a good, hard look at the live shots in our high-res gallery below. If you need all the details, follow the jump for the press release.

More pictures via Autoblog

I really hope this is the new design language for Subaru's sedans. I swore after the 2010 Legacy came out I would never buy another, but if the next generation looks close to this, I'll be buying Legacy #3 :)

I'm always reluctant to comment on new Subarus because I initially hate all of them, and then over the next year they steadily grow on me and I become quite fond of them.

HATCHBACK VERSION PLS

only then can i judge

HATCHBACK VERSION PLS
No. Being a hatchback is what's wrong with the current Impreza. An Impreza is supposed to be a sedan.

But to be honest, the styling of this concept car doesn't do it for me. Too bland.

Then what should a Subaru look like?

2006-2007_Subaru_Impreza_2.5i_sedan.jpg

subarutribeca.jpg

2009-Subaru-Impreza-08810061990001.jpg

2010_subaru_legacy.jpg

2008-subaru-legacy-sti-s4-9_460x0w.jpg

2003-2005_Subaru_Forester_XS.jpg

2010-Subaru-Forester.jpg

Where is the design correlation between any of those designs? So what should it look like? It shouldn't have to look like anything.

Last edited:
Is this their attempt to move the Impreza upmarket?

Kinda looks like a Chevy Cruze to me...

Then what should a Subaru look like?
[Pics]

Where is the design correlation between any of those designs? So what should it look like? It shouldn't have to look like anything.

Looking at those pics, there actually IS a thread between them, which seems to be exaggerated wheel arches and lots of bumps.

And, as a result, this does fit right in, and looks like a Subaru should.

Looks pretty nice. Although, I always saw the Impreza as more of a rally car, so I expect them to look a bit rugged. This looks too clean, low slung, and luxurious.

But it is just a concept.

I really can't figure out the size of that thing. For some reason it looks huge. Almost Legacy sized.

It looks dull and generic to me but...

I'm always reluctant to comment on new Subarus because I initially hate all of them, and then over the next year they steadily grow on me and I become quite fond of them.

HATCHBACK VERSION PLS

only then can i judge

This....

No. Being a hatchback is what's wrong with the current Impreza. An Impreza is supposed to be a sedan.

Until they made the 5 door and everyone realized how much better it looked. Also rigidity etc etc...

All that aside it just looks too big. I know i know pedestrian safety and all that BS but it looks much larger than previous gens almost a caricature of an Impreza

Last edited:
I like the front, but everything else... may as well be a camry.

FFS it looks just like a boring midrange cheap sedan.

Looks like a Hyundai at the front. Rest is nice tho, but very un subby-ish.

The grill, the fenders... I'd say it's fits in with the current Subaru design language. Very nice looking.