"Subscribed Threads"

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
I keep getting "Subscribed Threads" pop up when I do not, have not, and WILL NOT ever use that feature. WTF?

Right now, my User CP says I'm subscribed to Random Thoughts. I wanted no such thing, and I even went through my options yesterday to make sure that everything I could disable in regards to subscriptions was disabled.

PLEASE KILL THIS WITH FIRE. So annoying!

I've tried that and it's not working. :(

SON OF A COW! IT HAPPENED AGAIN TODAY.

The thread was Random Thoughts in Off Topic. It appeared as subscribed. I HAVE THE "SUBSCRIPTIONS" SETTING TURNED TO "DO NOT SUBSCRIBE." WTF is going on?!

- angry enough for ALL CAPS

Mine is set to "Do Not Subscribe," yet I still get subscription crap. Something must be broken.
Sadly, I can cofirm this. Primary browser is Iceweasel/Firefox on debian unstable, but I also use whatever Windows Firefox the public terminals in the library have.

I get it, too. IE9.

Does it at least seem to be threads you may have posted in your last session? I don't believe I've been mistakenly signed-up unless I've posted in the thread recently.

Yes, its 100% just threads that I have replied to. Thus I don't really mind it, and if I do, I just remove the subscription.

I get subscribed threads popping up in my user control panel, but I've never used the feature. It doesn't seem to affect anything however.

For people who gets subscription when replying and doesn't want to, do this

User CP - General Settings - Default Thread Subscription Mode: Do not subscribe

As noted already in this thread, we all have that setting turned to "do not subscribe", but we still have this problem.

Oh sorry. Reading the last few replies, I thought that the option was not set because everyone was wondering how the subscription gets triggered. (The text under the options state: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads)

Yeah but thats not the case.. For example I obviously have replied here but yet I have no subscription to the thread. But as I said, its nothing that really bothers me either :).