Summer Roadtrip to "Davos to Stelvio" and N?rburgring Nordschleife

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
I'm planning to take this course in July. It's approximately 3000 kms and it would include two of the greatest pieces of tarmac in the world. The road from Davos to Stelvio and the Nordschleife.

Now i'm posting this, because i'd like more than myself to go. A week long trip like this would be up ANY petrolhead's alley and it doesn't matter if there are no GT3 RS's or Superleggeras. I'm even thinking of designing special decals for all the attending vehicles. Walkie Talkies would be a must, and so would plenty of petrol, hehehe.

So, there's plenty of time (and the details of the course are negotiable (apart from the ring and davos to stelvio), to make them shorter or more accessible for certain people to join. It would of course be utterly stupid for for intance myself to travel all the way to the Ring, if that's where the starting point would be, etc...

summer_roadtrip.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno, just a suggestion. That's one of those things i would be willing to forego. Nothing wrong with just going north to the Ring from Davos.

Perhaps visit the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart if you missed out Paris. Amazing load of cars set over a seven floor building...

Also, when you are in Liechtenstein, don't worry about trying to find the round-about the TG boys went round, and the car park they used. Worry about missing them. That country is smaller than you think. (The car park they were in was next to the Bus station) :lol:

Ooh, yeah, loving the ideas! This is the updated route: Approximately 2550 km:

summer_roadtrip_2.jpg

Last edited:
If I wasn't worried about driving a RHD car on my own abroad I'd be up for this!

Don't have enough dough to just go and hire something for a very long trip too. Erm, maybe I could buy a rusty old Renault 4 off a farmer in Calais and join up!

You could hitch a train ride and join someone else, i'm sure there'll be room!

Ice, for all the Photoshop joy you have given me, since you might be passing via Karlsruhe, I offer to cook something Indian if you drop by :)

A mini finalgear dinner anybody?

I added the San Bernardino pass. Total distance now 2800 kms-ish (cause google maps can't calculate through Slovenia).

summer_roadtrip_3.jpg

hooray for tripple posts!

Last edited:
No Monaco?

That's a bit far off for me :/

EDIT:

summer_roadtrip_4.jpg

3200 km-ish including Col de Turini.

Last edited:
Looks like a really neat idea. But avoid the A3 from W?rzburg to Frankfurt at all costs, its one big traffic jam since they are rebuilding it completely atm. Can easily cost you several hours.

Not a huge detour, but seeing as this would be a multi start/end trip, we wouldn't be able to visit that together. For instance, some people in Germany would meet at the ring, or not even that, drive down to the audi museum, continue to slovenia, i'd join (and possibly others as wel), we'd go to italy, then up to switzerland, and the ring, after the ring, germans go home wherever it is, and then i go home, stopping by the audi museum.

If we all met up at the ring and then did a circle, it'd be too much in fuel and quite tiring for some of us.

Since you guys are detouring so much, could one of you loop by Pennsylvania and pick me up?... BlaRo's only two hours north of me so maybe we could make it a two-fer.