Summerizing my upgrade

yuchungman

as discussed in this thread, I've bought a 8600GT but the case won't fit and the PSU sucks. As my exam will end next Thursday, I'd finally have some time building the bloody thing. But I still don't know what case and PSU should I buy...
here are my needs:

Case: must fit my micro-ATX mobo, have good ventilation, preferable if it can also fit an ATX mobo

PSU: obviously have sufficient power to run the new 8600GT (the card itself doesn't have power pins)

I wanna spend at most 100USDon these two things, is it possible?

Also, I'd like to reinstall my WindowsXP (if I can have a copy of Vista I'd take it), so I have backup questions (sorry I'm really a noob:p)
how to backup savegames ( I have Call of Duty 4, NFS Most Wanted, the rest need not to be backup)?

apart from marking down the passwords in browsers, what else should I do?

Last edited:
Antec NSK3480 microATX
Im not sure how different prices are where you are but newegg.com has it for 80USD
Its a solid case with a great 380w 80+ Active PFC power supply, which will be more than enough for any processor you can buy today and the video card you have.

Game saves are stored either in the games install folder or in your application data folder c:\documents and settings\username\application data

you should be able to save those and put them back when you get the game reinstalled.

Antec NSK3480 microATX
Im not sure how different prices are where you are but newegg.com has it for 80USD
Its a solid case with a great 380w 80+ Active PFC power supply, which will be more than enough for any processor you can buy today and the video card you have.

Game saves are stored either in the games install folder or in your application data folder c:\documents and settings\username\application data

you should be able to save those and put them back when you get the game reinstalled.
The case and the PSU itself is very good, but the styling is rather lame:(
thanks anyway I would be looking for this case then

For $100 for a new case and PSU your not exactly going to get the most exciting for cases.