Suomi-miitit kes? 2011 / General #gear.fi Meet Thread Summer 2011

matyas

Car(s)
1981 Mercedes 280SE
In case anyone was wondering, my lovely car decided to leave me at a lovely petrol station...in Espoo. I was just about to go in the car wash, when it wouldn't start. Right now the diagnosis is:
-Engine turns over
-There is a spark
-There is no fuel in the exhaust

Which means it's either a relay, a pump, or a dodgy wire/connection.

Jupix

Back home now.

Man that was exhausting, 13 hours and 600 km's, all of them fast. Can only feel sorry for Pry in his torturebox. But it was a lot of fun.

Shame about the s-class Matyas, I would've liked to see it in the flesh. But it did you a favour in leaving you stranded so near to home instead of in Miehikk?l? or something.

Calculated my fuel consumption over those 600 km's, 11.08 l/100km. :shock: I just can't get over how economical that 5.6 engine is. After all, the trip was pretty much as uneconomical as possible, just without cold starts. Most of the meetup route was flooring it or on the brakes. :lol:

Let's see some pics. I put a dumptastic set here: http://jupix.info/kuvia/fgcruising/
Too tired to run them through psp today.

Thanks to the hosts.

Also, can we get a googlemap path of the complete cruise route?

Last edited:

Quiky

Isn't really scary, honest
STAFF MEMBER
Must have been a good meet.. his head exploded;

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
DONOR
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Biggest gear.fi meet ever. :w00t:

As I was the lead car and "main organizer" I only had time to take a few group photos and rear view shots.

This was an excellent trip, thank you all for participating.

Last edited:

mikas

Car(s)
2009 BMW 330xd, 2009 Triumph Street Triple R
Great meet! Biggest yet, much funs were had and merriment all around. Or something.

Pics!

1) Gathering everyone at Porvoo ABC.

Cars in attendance

2) Pry's Viper

3) DaBoom's BMW

4) Loop and his dad came in a 2002.

5) My Pug, I gave a ride to Frankiess

6) MXM's Seven

7) Public's Sapporo

8) Brother Michael's Merc, in which Galantti also arrived

9) Geeman's borrowed car

10) Jupix's Merc

And now, some misc shots

11) Public James May'ing like a boss

12) Frankiess shooting a video, might be edited in the future and linked somewhere

13) DaBoom, our organizer came prepared

14) For D-Fence

15) Taking a break

16) MXM attaching a spy cam on his rollbar

17) BUGS, they're everywhere! Aaaarrrgh!

18) Sausage fest

19) View from final destination

Rest of the 9th of July 2011 meet pics can be found here

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
Excellent stuff. Finally had a chance to test the 7 in the longer run, quite a bit of motorway driving, emptied 2 tanks.

The things I learned:

• Breaks are needed at least every hour to stretch legs and back.
  • Need to take clear lenses for the glasses if driving at night, 100 km/h without glasses at all is a bit too windy for the eyes.
  • The car has far more grip than I know what to do with.
  • Maybe because I'm sitting very low, maybe the headlights are weak or maybe because my night vision is crap, I couldn't keep up with the Primera at night :) Had to brake for every single bend, as I didn't see at all where the road ends. Was very very tiring to drive without external lighting.
  • Consumption seems to be less than 10l/100km at steady 80 km/h! Around 12l/100km when driven with a bit more enthusiasm. Which is still very good in my view. Need to fix the fuel level sender asap, at the last stop I poured 32 litres in to the tank, the capacity being 35l :lol:

Lastsoul

Car(s)
MX5, 406 Coup?, 106 Rallye, Porsche 924, X300 Six
Oh I wish I could have been there! But thank you mikas for the pics and great to know the 7 works like it should, so now it's only the owner breaking down ;)

mikas

Car(s)
2009 BMW 330xd, 2009 Triumph Street Triple R
I want more pics connected to names, especially the new faces coming to the ringmeet! :D
Names to pics, though not all attending the ringmeet :)

DaBoom

Geeman

Galantti (viilaaja@ptcruiser or something here at the forums)

Frankiess and Public

MXM

Loop

Pry

Jupix

BrotherMichael

Last edited:

matyas

Car(s)
1981 Mercedes 280SE
It seems my fuel pump or fuel pump connections were a bit bad. The car is now home again after some tapping of the pump, and I am measuring a steady 6A across the connectors. I will clean the thing today, and do some test drives. Till the next meet then :) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
So... newbie meeter reporting!
Was anchious to see the Finalgear-peeps in person, and it almost didn't happen for me.

So was getting ready to wait when Matyas comes to pick me, and he calls me saying that the merc won't start.
I was like :cry: and tried to get some irc-help to the diagnose the problem.

lastsoul made good quote to the irc:
Code:
<@Lastsoul> going to #gear.fi meets: ambitious, but rubbish .P
After i had consumed all my possibilities of mikas/frankies giving me a lift, a wild BrotherMichael appeared to irc asking the begining time for the meet!
I begged him for a lift, and he was nice finn to give me a ride in his merc.

So 15mins later he found where i live and we started instantly drove to motorway to lahti. Before lahti we did found nice road to porvoo and at the starting point bromic was ordered to park to the bigger area.

The meet begun!
Some minor things happened, curvy roads were driven, lot of water was spilled to windshield from the tyres of the 7 and finally sun appeared and gave us awsome weather. did i mention i hated the bugs @ the final destination?

Also DAMM that 106 mikas has was fast on those roads, he was glued to bromics merc :eek:

For the pics of my 2 year old nokia 5800 clik this link

Somehow i managed to take pics of 7's backup roof that is fastest nonmetallic roof on of the market!

Must have been a good meet.. his head exploded;
yeah my head did explode, luckly it regenerated.

frankiess

Wankel Wanker
Awesome day, awesome pics. Thanks to DaBoom for the arrangementings.

Cool to meet the new faces and sit in all the different cars. I'm still itching from the damned mosquito-bites, but I'll try to get some material uploaded some day as well. :p

Last edited:

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
S203 M271 and a ton of crap
Kuitataanpa viel?: kiitokset j?rjest?misest?, oli ?lytt?m?n siisti p?iv?. Kuvatkin n?ytt?? hyv?lt? :)

Galantti

Is all about the suomibass
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A7, Ford Fiesta Van, Honda NM4 Vultus
Niin unohtu kiitt?? hyv?st? reissusta Daboomia ja BrotherMichaelia kyyditsemisest?.
Lis?? n?it? reissuja, kuhan saan kyydin.