Suomi-miitit kes? 2011 / General #gear.fi Meet Thread Summer 2011

I'll be there if all goes well :) Might have to ride shotgun with someone, dunno if the Vento will get a new clutch before that.

attending, if i get ride (maybe from matyas as he promised in irc) :D

Just took the car to an oil change and the mechanic commented that the clutch sure is worn out and needs some work done. They also took a look at the brakes and apparently one (or was it two?) brake cylinders are so worn out / broken that he suggested I'd drive carefully before that gets taken care of <_< I also noticed a pretty hefty leak in the exhaust in the middle muffler when the service guy drove the car inside the garage.

(now I'm really glad I'm not the owner) :D

So, with whom do I get to ride shotgun? :p

(here's another victim to the dastardly direct marketing scheme...)

I might tag along to see some new faces and maybe snap a few photos if I can get a ride from somewhere around Helsinki.

Where are you actually and where does the MX5 need to find a place? It is still in Stuttgart? If yes we might figure out something! Oh and where are you at the time of the meet, .de or .fi?

MX-5 is living in garage in M?hringen near Stuttgart and I'm in Vaihingen, but I'm going back to Finland in the end of July with the 406. I might be able to just extend my garage contract with two weeks and then I could make it easily. I don't dare to leave it to the Uni Stuttgart campus for two weeks, even though it should be totally safe. If that works I'd just fly to Stuttgart before the meet and then take the car to the 'ring and then to Finland. So it should be pretty straightforward.

And after driving the car around the Nordschleife I want to come to the meet even more!

I can't quite get there. It would take about 400 kms if driving just to get at the nearest point of road trip. :p

*kele teid?n etel?isten kanssa, kaikki aina yht? syrj?ss?... :mrgreen:

I can't quite get there. It would take about 400 kms if driving just to get at the nearest point of road trip. :p

It was over 400km for me to get to Botniaring last year. ;) Surely driving for a car guy is just spending time with your hobby. :cool:

*kele teid?n etel?isten kanssa, kaikki aina yht? syrj?ss?... :mrgreen:

hey, i don't even have a car for the meet, i just need some transportation :D

Yeah, I've to skip this one too, but I'm 100% coming to any meet in August or later. How about some new track meet later in the autum? :)

Yes, there are some plans like that. Possibly even reserve a whole track just for us for few hours..

Edit: Took a scouting trip in search for few stops along the roadtrip. There's the bikers favourite Susikoski cafe by the Kymijoki river, and if anyone is interested we could do a short stop at Langinkoski. And we could end the trip at one campfire place by the ocean for some BBQ. How does that sound? :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that sounds great! I'll try to think about possible places. It shouldn't be too hard because I've lived 20 years in the area.

How much would be renting a track just for us for a couple of hours?

I could only make it on the 9th (army green calls on the 11th). Maybe I could finally be able to bring the 2002 along...

Alright, that's enough of procrastinating - some of us have to plan job schedules so a quick poll about the date:

Who can NOT do saturday the 9th ?
Who can NOT do sunday the 10th ?

I personally vote for having the meet on sunday the 10th.

Both days are OK for me. Personally I would preffer the Saturday though, but Sunday isn't bad either.

Last edited:
both days rulz, only want a ride :eek: