Clarkson: Supercar Showdown - discussion thread

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
http://img105.imageshack.**/img105/2003/clarksonsupercarshowdowyb8.jpg

This is a discussion thread for JC's new DVD.

If you would like information on the DVD, a preview video or download links - please visit this thread.

All off topic posts will be deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said in the other thread, it wasn't that great of a DVD. Felt like I was just watching rehashed TG reviews over again.

Like I said in the other thread, it wasn't that great of a DVD. Felt like I was just watching rehashed TG reviews over again.

somehow your lack of description makes me want to write you a angry letter

Last edited:

How did you see it before it came out?

Isn't it supposed to be out November 5th?

wait....

so you've illegally downloaded the DVD?:blink:

I felt like that with all of his DVDs that I have seen.

personally can't agree with the "all" part of your statement, although he does have a tendency to re-use lines, and when he does that it is very annoying (haven't seen new DVD though of course)

I have view most of his DVD (thanks to the people that share it). It doesn't feel as good as Top Gear. You really needs three presenters to make fun stuff (like the challenges). Besides, all the explosion that come out when some car is destroyed is made up (automobile just doesn't burn that easy).

So far I've only liked a couple of his DVD's.
Production values are well below TG standard,
and I hate the music he uses.

I've had way more fun reading JC's articles
on driving.timesonline.

Well it's worse than last year's, but OK. A couple of funny bits & A LOT of noise.

I have no idea what you guys are on about. I loved it.

Table vs GWiz was awesome and I wonder how long it takes before sunshine-fearing anal retentive hermits go off on Clarkson for drinking and driving on the track.

What is OT talk?
I'm glad someone read my first post :lol:

Off topic talk is posting how long until your download of this DVD is complete, for example. It'd be greatly appreciated if we could refrain from doing that and keep this thread for discussion only. OT posts will be deleted.

Thanks

Last edited:
I thought it was a great DVD, with good music, and funny bits in it...really good, if not better than last year's...

I'm not surprised by JC crashing that Porsche tbh. Been playing around with all kind's of 911's in Forza Motorsport 2 and they are indeed very tricky to handle - suddenly you got loads of oversteer and seconds later you understeer into a bush.

Why would you want a V8 Vantage over a R8? The R8 is cheaper, faster, equally good looking, makes an equally good noise, has an equally good interior and more reliable.

He used too much time on each car tbh. Felt like he just almost the same script as on TG, on each review.

I wouldn't mind a few weeks vacation at that house tho :D

Last edited:
I just changed my avvy because 1 scene from this film was just too awesome.

Like it? :mrgreen:

cause his wife has one. imagine what she'd do if he decided her car wasn't his favourite of the ones he reviewed. :p

I thought it was a bit meh. I don't know why, but I found it really annoying when he used the terms "horsepowers" and "torques". It makes it seem all amateurish and lame.

He used too much time on each car tbh. Felt like he just almost the same script on each review.

I disagree completely, the issue wasn't so much that there was too much content, it was more that somehow the atmosphere never seemed to change. The fact he went into detail about all the cars makes this DVD more worthwhile to me, he really explained himself. I think Jeremy did his part, if i do have a complaint it would be the editing. For starters the music never matched the motion of the video as well as it could. It would have been nice if a new score was introduced at the same time as the a camera change, but whoever made this really wasn't trying that hard IMO. Furthermore the music wasn't that great, i don't know how much it costs to get new music, but atleast this is only the 2nd time hes used much of this soundtrack, where with old Clarkson DVDs he would seemed to use the same music for about a decade :)

I think my favorite thing besides the selection of cars was that he actually did go into detail about why he felt the way he did about each car, it went beyond the technical babble. I mean if you really listen or read what JC writes and says and you even slightly understand it, somehow it plays on the emotions as well as a good piece of music, he did a good job of keeping that sense of humility that i think makes him so popular with none-car people, even if this DVD is pretty much only for car people. I think my 2nd favorite thing was the completely offbeat sense of humor that snuck in from time to time, but then I am a Aqua Teen Hunger Force fan, so i like random nonsense :p

i feel quilty now, i go and buy the DVD, and hopefully find a DVD player that has one of those secret hacks to make it play PAL DVDs