Swedish police cover up sexual assaults at Stockholm festival for two years

The criteria for legal entry are usually not fair to all people - some nations, populations, and occupations are privileged. Those are often determined by the economic needs of the nation state. And you know what, that would be fine, as long as you are transparent and open about it. Write it into the actual immigration policy - We will give preferential treatment to engineers and computer scientists. My problem is that the law right now is pretending to be fair and equal to all immigrants.

I don't see anything wrong with that. The same way we all are selective about who we invite in our homes, why wouldn't a country be selective.

I don't see anything wrong with that. The same way we all are selective about who we invite in our homes, why wouldn't a country be selective.

There is definitely this vibe that immigration is an entitled right of people to go anywhere as they see fit. To deny someone citizenship is made out to be a cruel and unusual punishment or something.

There is definitely this vibe that immigration is an entitled right of people to go anywhere as they see fit. To deny someone citizenship is made out to be a cruel and unusual punishment or something.

Yeah that's what I meant before in the sense that some governments look like they're in a guilt trip, or forced into it by others, or simply generous.
What is not correct is people, after immigrating somewhere, trying to impose their own rules and laws like they're still back home. You come into my house, you abide by my rules.

So have there been any preparations made in case this happens again this year? Are there any public warnings and reminders? Or are the govt, police and media still too dedicated to the cover-up to even do that?

So have there been any preparations made in case this happens again this year? Are there any public warnings and reminders? Or are the govt, police and media still too dedicated to the cover-up to even do that?
If you wipe the foam from your mouth you'll see that you hit the wrong thread - this is about a music festival in Sweden, not about New Year's celebrations...

Thanks, I know what thread it is, and I've discussed the attacks here before because the pattern is so predictably similar: widespread menacing and assaults followed by official coverups and news media blackouts, then accusations of racism and nazism and witchcraft against anyone trying to figure out (or even hear) the truth about what happened.

If it happens we won't hear about it until much later, when smaller news outlets report it.

If it happens we won't hear about it until much later, when smaller news outlets report it.
Which basically brings you in the position to just claim that things happened, because any official statement that it didn't will be questioned.

Yes, because they have a history of covering up crimes, any official statements that claims nothing happened should be investigated and not just believed at face value.

Yes, because they have a history of covering up crimes, any official statements that claims nothing happened should be investigated and not just believed at face value.
Who are "they"?

They refer to media and government agencies that covers up the attacks.

Cover-up or not, it appears they had no choice but to take things seriously this time:

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...l-profiling-new-years-eve-security-operation/

In all, 1,200 Nafris were controlled by Cologne police. In addition, the force recorded two sexual assaults, six thefts, and 29 individuals were arrested. One train coming into the city which police learnt had 300 North Africans on-board was stopped and turned back just before it reached the centre.

This contrasts with the 2016 celebrations when over 500 women were recorded as victims of sexual assault and 28 were raped. Including other crimes such as thefts and assaults, there were some 1,300 victims.

Cologne?s police chief was forced to retire early after the policing failure, which saw less than 100 officers on patrol for the whole city. Now defending the force from having policed the event too thoroughly instead, chief J?rgen Mathies said that while they had deliberately targeted Nafris for searches and identity checks, of the hundreds met in this way ?there was a clear threat of criminal activity present?.

TL;DR: Rape Train cockblocked.

Who are "they"?
They refer to media and government agencies that covers up the attacks.

Someone needs a reminder of just how damaging and long-lasting (and downright sociopathic) these conspiracies of silence can get:

[video=youtube;FtJ-OEnKwUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ-OEnKwUU[/video]

Yeah I know, it's (again) a different specific event from the one that started this thread, but it's (again) the same damn pattern: at least 1400 girls sexually abused for a decade and a half, despite multiple people (including muslims) repeatedly going to the police, hoping they would make it stop. To their horror, the police (and the media) were, if anything, outright helping it continue for as long as possible. Social Justice (and the PC that comes with it) is a fucking cancer.

Well, the 'smaller news outlets' have had their chance now to report it - how many Millions have been raped this time? You know, might help us to get these numbers at this point in the discussion so that we don't just talk about wishful thinking of some people -who I get the impression- would rather see a lot of women raped so that this feeds their narrative - but hey, what do I know ...

/sarcasm. It's been disgusting to see that some few people (not accusing anyone here, just generally speaking) are actually upset this years new years eve in germany (and other european countries) no mass-raping by foreigners happened because now they don't get to have that 'I told you so' Moment they thought they had last year. Of course that then leads them to wanna resurrect discussions like this one, just as a reminder that once in a full moon they were right about something ... :rolleyes:

Well, the 'smaller news outlets' have had their chance now to report it - how many Millions have been raped this time? You know, might help us to get these numbers at this point in the discussion so that we don't just talk about wishful thinking of some people -who I get the impression- would rather see a lot of women raped so that this feeds their narrative - but hey, what do I know ...

/sarcasm. It's been disgusting to see that some few people (not accusing anyone here, just generally speaking) are actually upset this years new years eve in germany (and other european countries) no mass-raping by foreigners happened because now they don't get to have that 'I told you so' Moment they thought they had last year. Of course that then leads them to wanna resurrect discussions like this one, just as a reminder that once in a full moon they were right about something ... :rolleyes:
Yeah but at the same time there are also people that want to rally against the police no matter what and paint them as aggressors again a victim group no matter what. A reasonable reaction to this year's lack of violence would be "great!", not "clearly the police were just using racist tactics". We have something similar in the US - you don't need guns because the police will protect you but the police are racist murderers. In any case, I think the problem remains despite the quiet celebrations - it's not a good sign when you have to turn hundreds of people away to achieve any level of safety.

[...]A reasonable reaction to this year's lack of violence would be "great!", not "clearly the police were just using racist tactics"

I'm going out on a limb here, but that reaction was a minority reaction. At least in germany few people on the left got hung up on that 'nafri' thing, but the general public is not really bothered by that. Big elections coming up this year in Germany, the opposition on the left needs government failure to exploit for their agenda and they are jumping this occasion. But (again) that is not really what the public thinks. The general public is happy things stayed quiet (for a new years eve- quiet is relative :D).

[...]In any case, I think the problem remains despite the quiet celebrations - it's not a good sign when you have to turn hundreds of people away to achieve any level of safety.
I recon that after last year and the outcry the whole thing wouldn't have repeated itself even if they did not beef up security that much. But that's of course speculation.
As the authorities you always have what we call in germany the "schwarzer Peter" (which is racist :D) - you do something and nothing happens, people will say you overdid it and it wasn't necessary. You do less and something does happen, you did not do enough.
When I look around here in Paris, there are Military troops patrolling the town with SMGs and stuff all day and have been for over a year ... is that necessary to achieve safety? It sure feels a bit better this way knowing there are people around to respond to the next batch of fanatic idiots that may or may not try to attack this town again. I am willing to tolerate turning around in the subway to suddenly see someone in combat-gear with a loaded rifle - during these times for that reason. Necessary? I don't know. But as long as there are these sort of Barbarians around that want us all either dead or living like they want us to - a certain amount of compromise is necessary in order to not only secure ourselves but also to keep living our lives as free as possible. And like I pointed out above, the government cannot really "win" in the public opinion with these measures. They are always either too much or too little.

Last edited:

/sarcasm.

I didn't predict (or wish for) millions of rapes. I asked if effective preparations had been made to prevent them (and yes, I implied how such prep would signal a de facto abandonment of the "it's not a migrant problem" narrative), and didn't get much of an answer. In fact, the only relevant info was in (the beginning of) that "This Year in Stupid" video.

Now after the event we a have a more complete answer: the police did a hell of a lot to counter the threat. They infiltrated the groups most likely (based on last year) to cause trouble, tracked their movements, and marshalled a strong presence near last year's (worst) crime scenes.

Given the nature of this effective policework, if a low number of rapes proves damaging to any "narrative", it's not mine.

It's been disgusting to see that some few people (not accusing anyone here, just generally speaking) are actually upset this years new years eve in germany (and other european countries) no mass-raping by foreigners happened because now they don't get to have that 'I told you so' Moment they thought they had last year. Of course that then leads them to wanna resurrect discussions like this one, just as a reminder that once in a full moon they were right about something ... :rolleyes:

I'll say it again: the police largely targeted north african migrant groups, and (AFAIK) largely prevented the mass robberies/assaults/etc that happened last year. There can (and probably should) be a discussion about the legality and propriety of those tactics, but IMO it's hard to see this as anything but a slam-dunk "I told you so" moment for anti-mass-immigration folks.

Look at most of the headlines and you'll see who's really "upset" about it.

[...] In fact, the only relevant info was in (the beginning of) that "This Year in Stupid" video.

I have tried watching some of the videos you posted here in the past, which have given me brain-bleeds - and that experience makes me not watch videos that you post anymore. That may be ignorant of me, but I am only willing to give someone so many chances ...

[...]I'll say it again: the police largely targeted north african migrant groups, and (AFAIK) largely prevented the mass robberies/assaults/etc that happened last year. There can (and probably should) be a discussion about the legality and propriety of those tactics, but IMO it's hard to see this as anything but a slam-dunk "I told you so" moment for anti-mass-immigration folks.

And if you jump from a table after having sex, you will not get pregnant. Works especially well if you are a man ...

A correlation is not a proof. Correlation does not imply causation. You trying to make the argument that it does in this case, either makes me question your intellect - or brings me back to my starting argument. You are either stupid or trying to push a narrative that suits your needs. I rest my case.

Just to clarify: given that a) men belonging to a particular demographic group attacked hundreds of women, and b) a year later the police specifically targeted men belonging to said demographic group and women did not get attacked, are you claiming that that there is no link between membership in said group and attacks on women and that this is simply a correlation?

Just to clarify: given that a) men belonging to a particular demographic group attacked hundreds of women, and b) a year later the police specifically targeted men belonging to said demographic group and women did not get attacked, are you claiming that that there is no link between membership in said group and attacks on women and that this is simply a correlation?

I am saying there are many more variables and that it is not as simple as this. If this were a gun discussion you would also dismiss any such simple correlation and it's the same here.

Level: "Banning guns dropped gun related crime rates in some countries?* It cannot be that simple! Banning north african males from some parties drops rape-rate? That MUST be the solution! Derp Derp!" ;)

But if you want your solutions simple, rapecrimes would drop towards zero if we'd lock every man inside their homes ... which is not anything I'd be suggesting, but as stupid&simple Correlations go, it does not get simpler or stupider than that ...

*not trying to start a gun discussion here and to derail the discussion, but I recon this is something you might relate to.