Feed The Beast: Switch to Ultimate Pack?

Switch to Ultimate Pack?

• Mindcrack (current)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know/care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
When we started up the FTB server, the Ultimate Pack wasn't out yet. It is now though and it contains some incredibly good mods that I think we're missing out on. The Ultimate Pack is the de facto standard and the most popular FTB pack now I believe.

Here's a pack comparison table: http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Modpacks

A highlight of some of the mods we would gain:

• Applied Energisitics: You can store blocks on hard drives of sorts as energy, greatly compacting storage. It can also auto-craft machines from items you have in inventory.
  • Equivalent Exchange 3: I'm not thrilled about this mod but it's a LOT less OP than EE2 was (Tekkit). You can't convert anything to anything, rather only certain blocks to other similar certain blocks using a hand-held item with durability. Most of us are endgame at this point anyway though so it's not a big deal.
  • Gravity Gun: The gun from Half-Life 2.
  • MineFactory Reloaded: Lots of cool new machines for automating stuff.
  • Modular Powersuits: Some cool new utility armor.
  • Mystcraft: Create custom alternate dimensions using books. If you get the right pages, you can create books that result in worlds entirely full of lava, always night time, etc. Super cool.
  • Power Converters: Convert all of the various power types between each other.
  • Secret Rooms: Camouflaged blocks for creating hidden bases.
The one and only mod that we would lose is TrainCraft but we're not making use of it right now anyway because it's kind of buggy and teleporters are faster. We could still use carts or Steve's Carts to make railways, they just wouldn't look as cool. I can live with this.

I would really, really like for us to switch over. AE especially is amazing.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't give a fuck, as long as we keep red power micro blocks.

I don't give a fuck, as long as we keep red power micro blocks.

Yep, we'd run the Minecraft 1.4.x pack not the hidden 1.5 pack that doesn't have RedPower.

I hate EE, (except that it would be nice to be able to make clay), but I don't play enough for my opinion to really matter (especially since we just had our second child). How 'bout switching but turning off EE? Can that be done without requiring client changes?

I guess I'm in favor of it? people can always choose not to use mods they personally find to be OP (I already do that with solar panels).

I hate EE, (except that it would be nice to be able to make clay), but I don't play enough for my opinion to really matter (especially since we just had our second child). How 'bout switching but turning off EE? Can that be done without requiring client changes?

I guess I'm in favor of it? people can always choose not to use mods they personally find to be OP (I already do that with solar panels).

I'm not a huge fan of EE either but remember this is EE3 not EE2. There's no condensers or anything like that. Look at the very limited list of transmutation that you can do: http://ftbwiki.org/Minium_Stone#Transmutations

You can't make dirt into glowstone for example (although with enough of it, you can eventually turn it into diamonds, but it'll use a lot of item durability).

In short, it's WAY less OP.

As for a custom mod pack, I believe it's a huge PITA.