Take us for a drive in your country

Did you notice, that those narrowings are only where the trees are?

No, I did not. I thought someone just arbitrarilly put up curbs just so they could put a sign there.

Anyway, I tried something new. Please tell me, if you like it and if I should do more videos like this in the future, because it's been a hell of a work (but also some fun putting it together).

Second part is ready:

Well I guess this thread fits. Here's a timelapse video I shot on the return leg of a 3000 mile drive from Scotland to the south coast of Spain and back;

Anyway, I tried something new. Please tell me, if you like it and if I should do more videos like this in the future, because it's been a hell of a work (but also some fun putting it together).
I appreciate the work you put in the video, but I find it rather irritating to get different angles every 15 seconds.

In other words: lass' den Schei?. ;)

Well, I thought it was a good idea to also show what's left and right, because I noticed, that the front-only view is very limited.

Ok, how about more opinions? :)

Last edited:
Well I guess this thread fits. Here's a timelapse video I shot on the return leg of a 3000 mile drive from Scotland to the south coast of Spain and back;

I hope you were looking for constructive criticism because you're about to hear some. :p

Too long and boring to watch in all honesty... is that your entire 3,000 mile journey in under 6 minutes? I got a headache after 30 seconds and stopped watching because I wasn't witnessing much anyway.

Edit: Ah, the sun comes up like right after 30 seconds and you can see some stuff. So I guess you can scratch what I said.

Last edited:

My only criticism is, why did you have to stop behind a Ssangyong Rodius? It made me feel sick. :p

I drive past one (white) parked near a school on the way uni, and have to restrain myself from puking and running over some poor kiddie at the school crossing every single weekday morning, and there's another one owned by one of the households opposite my father's place (grey). I shut the blinds when I'm in the front room watching telly so I don't have to look at it. :lol:

I watched the whole thing finally!

What camera were you using Graeme? Looks like you added an HDR effect on top or something?

I watched the whole thing finally!

What camera were you using Graeme? Looks like you added an HDR effect on top or something?

Yeah that's right. It was shot with my Canon 550d, taking a still image every 11 seconds. I then batch processed the images (about 4000 of them) in Photoshop using the Topaz Adjust plug-in which can tone-map single exposure images into HDR-looking images.

My only criticism is, why did you have to stop behind a Ssangyong Rodius? It made me feel sick. :p

I know right. In Spain it's worse because it turns out they still sell Lancia cars there, but from the looks of them Lancia are now the Ssangyong of Europe, so you have twice as many ass ugly cars.

Last edited:
Yeah that's right. It was shot with my Canon 550d, taking a still image every 11 seconds. I then batch processed the images (about 4000 of them) in Photoshop using the Topaz Adjust plug-in which can tone-map single exposure images into HDR-looking images.

Interesting, I thought it was a video camera and wondered how you powered it for so long.

Sorry I was so quick to criticize before, the YouTube thumbnail was initially of a dark scene so I figured the whole video was like that.

Well, I thought it was a good idea to also show what's left and right, because I noticed, that the front-only view is very limited.

Ok, how about more opinions? :)

MacGuffin, you seem skilled enough to do a 1 min 35s "soprano like" intro in Wilhelmshaven .

Have you ever considered this , just for the :lol:?

Um... I suppose that would be too fast and hectic for Eye-Q :lol:

I've finally taken the time to make a mildly interesting video! Go for a drive in the Lake District in a Mk6 Fiesta through the lens of a cheap camera. :p
[video=youtube;_Bvg0-atD3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bvg0-atD3U[/video]
Highlights:
Going through a roundabout entirely on green lights (Never happens, 3:23)
Aston Martin (Barely visible @ 5:04)
Police Volvo (11:19)

I've decided to do the windshield mount instead. Here's me kinda following my co-worker's Hyundai Genesis 3.8GT home from work: