Take us for a drive in your country

Last night I was driving home from midsummer celebrations, and took some video on the way. Radio station was kind enough to provide a very appropiate soundtrack. Second clip is sligtly sped up.

Here we go, front facing, sound captured with the dictaphone, fun starts at 10 minutes:

I tried a bit of mild post processing in Premiere Pro.

Part 2 of the road trip I took in May. Leaving AZ and headed for Colorado. Stopped at The Four Corners on the way home.

The weather in Colorado caught me off guard so I drove like a wuss.

[video=youtube;JdQ-lT94Fw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdQ-lT94Fw4[/video]

Stretch up to crystal lake.

Seeing your location makes me want to do the 243 to 74 drive. One of the best drives I've ever done.

Night run on the 243. Banning, CA, USA

I was a bit slow to catch this, but I had to laugh that you posted this a week after I made that post. I think we need to meet up one day before it gets much hotter out that way.

I was a bit slow to catch this, but I had to laugh that you posted this a week after I made that post. I think we need to meet up one day before it gets much hotter out that way.
Yup...just PM me. I'm usually off on the weekends. I normally like this road at night (10:30 PM to 12 AM) 'cause there's hardly anyone on it. But, whenever is good, too.

Nighttime test with my #11 Jumbo Keychain Cam - now in HD :D. Crackling from ignition is a bit annoying :/

Was that mounted using the velcro bits? Just wondering as I've ordered one but already have a suction cup.

I used Velcro, yeah. But I need to replace the tape they sent me, it isn't sticky enough, when you try to remove it the whole velcro assembly comes off dash :)

Here is a short daylight one (720p):

[video=youtube;Ksnck-mAtVY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksnck-mAtVY[/video]

Used Adobe Premiere filters to filter the crackling out, worked better than expected. Camera is the 808 #11 Jumbo Keychain Cam HD, strangely it went from 30 to 24fps in export, sth went wrong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice; looks good. I've ordered a cheapo 'jelly lens' for a wider angle view, which should be nice. I'll use mine for some good ol' Topgear angles :lol:

Nice; looks good. I've ordered a cheapo 'jelly lens' for a wider angle view, which should be nice. I'll use mine for some good ol' Topgear angles :lol:

I might be ordering another #11 camera for the ringmeet so I'll have to look into that lens too. I bought one for a mate and that included the obligatory testing... week.

Brilliant cameras though, although I'd like to use my D7000 as much as possible.

Can you tell me exactly what camera you are using? Maybe a link to where it can be bought?