Take us for a drive in your country

^ They are typical roads for that part of Sydney. Pot holes, narrow, poorly maintained. They are in wealthy, conservative territory ... so (with our current communist government) they receive little attention. In general, the quality of road works in New South wales is pretty poor .. much worse than in Victoria.

Here is a quick one I made last night, driving from Killara to Crows Nest in Sydney. I used the Monster-Pod (mentioned above) to mount the camera. Unfortunately, the re-encoding has degraded the sound quite a bit.

I really like that. I miss the ups and downs in my area here, since it's all flat (bloody result of bloody ice age) -- it makes me wanna make a video of the town I grew up in. Maybe in spring or summer.

^ They are typical roads for that part of Sydney. Pot holes, narrow, poorly maintained. They are in wealthy, conservative territory ... so (with our current communist government) they receive little attention. In general, the quality of road works in New South wales is pretty poor .. much worse than in Victoria.

Good luck trying to get the NSW government to do anything, let alone maintain roads in a conservative area.

I actually saw someone filling potholes here today.

He was alone on the road, working behind his parked truck, with the hazards on. Stupid thing is, that he worked in the middle of the road behind a vehicle, that was pointed into the wrong direction.

Suicide mission anyone?

Some (perhaps) boring cross-Dallas riding during rush hour.

Rattling noise is the buttons on the camera vibrating. Part 1 of 2; and yes, the datestamp is wrong.

Working on part 2, but I have to dub in music (to cover a phone call I received - yes, I have Bluetooth audio comm in my helmet) and edit out some stops to get it under 15 minutes.

Edit: I got bored and just Benny Hill'd it. It's about 4:30 now.
[video=youtube;Y1iF-jOODok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1iF-jOODok[/video]

Also, this drive in the countryside from almost 3 years ago. About three and a half minutes.

Reactions: MWF
Haha, if I had video of [insertpodunkeastTXtownhere], there would be potholes. Lots of potholes. And I'm pretty sure my camera would get shaken off whatever it's duct taped to (since I don't have a nice mount to work with). Eek.

Haha, if I had video of [insertpodunkeastTXtownhere], there would be potholes. Lots of potholes. And I'm pretty sure my camera would get shaken off whatever it's duct taped to (since I don't have a nice mount to work with). Eek.
Pfft Brooklyn potholes can beat your potholes in a fight! :p Though I suppose everything IS bigger in TX potholes would be included.

Pfft Brooklyn potholes can beat your potholes in a fight! :p Though I suppose everything IS bigger in TX potholes would be included.
There's one road out of where I live that has a HUGE clunky dirt patch that if you want to avoid, you have to aim for a narrow strip of remaining asphalt on the side of the road.

The city just doesn't give a crap.

I really like that. I miss the ups and downs in my area here, since it's all flat (bloody result of bloody ice age) -- it makes me wanna make a video of the town I grew up in. Maybe in spring or summer.

+1, NY is so flat and boring :( Would be only reason for me to ever move to CA. (which is never gonna happen)
There's one road out of where I live that has a HUGE clunky dirt patch that if you want to avoid, you have to aim for a narrow strip of remaining asphalt on the side of the road.

The city just doesn't give a crap.
Oh so basically just like NYC then....

This is from Brooklyn in 06
A84F87379C805BC8DAE6A6F7CD9DE6.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another trip from yesterday. Killara to the Lane Cove Tunnel in Sydney.

Here's a video of me driving through rural North Carolina (Burlington-Alamance) in my 2006 Pontiac GTO. Basically the same car as Australia's Holden Monaro (HSV I believe), or the Vauxhall Monaro VXR. This is 6.0L LS3 V8 with 400 BHP, 6-speed manual.

I'm hoping to build a camera mount for the X in the next couple of days and I will get some video shot.

HJC and a couple of others have been making helmets pre-setup for their proprietary communications systems for almost 15 years now. HJCs (and others) can be outfitted with their maker's Bluetooth modules, but the Cardo gear is much better than almost all of them and can have FM radio, an MP3 in jack or even dual Bluetooth pairing for both your phone or your GPS. It's also tiny compared to the other stuff, which is why I have it.