Take us for a drive in your country

I love how they look more and more surprised the further in you get.

This isn't my home country, but here's a typical New Zealand drive from when equiraptor and I were there on holiday a few years ago?

How about honking? Works with the ducks here in my street.

oh, just noticed this thread, i took a few videos of my own with my little 808 key cam (d-fence/other irc people will know )

Drive home from where i was working

Drive to work:

Drive home at night on a different route(date on the cam reset, ignore it):

For those wanting to easy mount their cameras on their cars, there's two decent solutions, one is velcro + double sided tape, that way your camera is easy detachable from the car and DST usually doesnt have any long lasting residue on flat surfaces, and a cheap knockoff tripod:http://www.dealextreme.com/c/806?search=tripod I bought one of these for 5$ and if you're not DSLr'ing, they're just fine for most cams, i recommend a 10" one to hold onto the passenger headrest bars so you can keep it centered.

Last edited:
Oooh! I still have video from when I borrowed a couple GoPros from school (film = best major ever? haha).

Expect Failtimacam proof that Texas DOES have curvy roads as soon as I can get my Mac-formatted HD talking to my PC at home. :/

I should get a keychain cam and film the roads in the middle of nowhere in east Texas, though. Sooooo bumpy and holey. There are third world countries with better roads, for 'lump's sake.

Oooh! I still have video from when I borrowed a couple GoPros from school (film = best major ever? haha).

Expect Failtimacam proof that Texas DOES have curvy roads as soon as I can get my Mac-formatted HD talking to my PC at home. :/

I should get a keychain cam and film the roads in the middle of nowhere in east Texas, though. Sooooo bumpy and holey. There are third world countries with better roads, for 'lump's sake.

You called? :mrgreen:
I should record some video and we can compare, shall we?

i'm in a film class at school now, with access to cameras. expect a Boston vid soon.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo anything but Boston!!!!!! :p
Expect Failtimacam proof that Texas DOES have curvy roads as soon as I can get my Mac-formatted HD talking to my PC at home.
http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows/ - 10 day free trial mount HFS+ (Mac) volumes on Windows PCs. Using it at the moment on my HTPC works quite well, ACLs are a problem but I doubt you would have to worry about it for simple video transfer.
I need to get a mount for my phone and we can have NYC vs TX vs Brazil see who is worse. I'm betting on NYC...

Rendering my drive video from this weekend...I think I'll put up my Iowa roads against some other places for bumpiness. :mrgreen:

This probably gets a bit weird now. I have a friend who's hobby is building analogue synthesizers and together with a friends of his he recorded some "sessions", as they call it.

So I thought I'd use their music for some time-lapse videos of me driving around my hometown by day and night. Not sure about how the outcome is. It's an experiment. Keep in mind, that the video weren't made for that purpose.

[video=youtube;UEdFx-3zRs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEdFx-3zRs0[/video]

Maybe it helps if you take some LSD before...

Last edited:
I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, along the Delaware River, about halfway between Philly and NYC. Sort of rural, lots of rolling hills and twisty roads. These were shot back in September, while I was testing my homemade camera mount. A little shaky, need to get one of those suction cup mounts.

This probably gets a bit weird now. I have a friend who's hobby is building analogue synthesizers and together with a friends of his he recorded some "sessions", as they call it.

So I thought I'd use their music for some time-lapse videos of me driving around my hometown by day and night. Not sure about how the outcome is. It's an experiment. Keep in mind, that the video weren't made for that purpose.

[video=youtube;UEdFx-3zRs0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEdFx-3zRs0[/video]

Maybe it helps if you take some LSD before...
Its not bad but I think it [music] would need some variety in the first one

@Mills I need to visit your area come summer :)

Last edited:
Ok, here comes my special contribution to this thread.

As long as we're having no snow, my hometown of Wilhelmshaven looks rather dull and dreary in winter. Also I have already done lots of videos in spring, summer, autumn and winter as part of my personal car reviews. But there is one weather condition I didn't make any videos in yet: Fog.

Not really heavy fog but enough to turn the city into a kind of "ghost town". So what I did, is a drive from North to South through town, starting at the city limits in the north and ending at the Nassau Bridge pier in the south, where the fishing cutters are mooring.

I took some screenshots from Google Earth and put them together. The red line indicates the route I have taken. Driving time is almost 30 minutes (I cut some redlights out).
5401643937_967d931bac_o.jpg

So after I'd done that, I took recorded some more driving around in town. The following video shows me driving back from the harbor towards an Aldi Markt, where I did some weekend shopping ;)

[video=youtube;lyD-rAK5QkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyD-rAK5QkM[/video]

And some more driving around in my neighbourhood, showing the farmer's market (after the market ended), some inner city residential areas and the city hall, with its tower nicely covered in fog.

You called? :mrgreen:
Well, I didn't say ALL of them. ;)

There is one road out of my neighborhood with only a narrow strip of pavement left in some spots. It's ridiculous. :(

Well, I didn't say ALL of them. ;)

There is one road out of my neighborhood with only a narrow strip of pavement left in some spots. It's ridiculous. :(
I got a video now need to upload it :) Also I'm planning on making a little fun video not sure when though, ideally I want to do it during daylight :)

Hmm I may duct tape my cell phone to my headrest today and give it a go. I have to go to the main building and pickup a package. I might drive around downtown shippensburg..might not..we'll see. :D

EDIT: here it is, just around the campus to get my book that came in the mail...I actually got great results with a belt instead of using tape!

Apologies if the radio sounds loud...it's much boomier inside the car than the video shows (thanks cheap, rattly, hard plastic interior + unrefined, engineered to a price engine!)

Last edited:
Alright so here is a little video I made. And of course YouTube just told me it won't be available in Germany....

Last edited:
^ Available in Australia .. but we are all crooks or decedents of crooks .. so copyright lawyers can STFU.

So much snow!! I've only ever been to New York in Spring. It's so difficult to appreciate the variation you guys have from season to season. Sydney only varies from hot to not-so-hot.