Unverified Ownership Tammy, my 1997 Mazda MX-5 1.6

I am lucky enough to not have to use a car to commute! This should make this easier but oh well...

That's good! I know I'd have a lot dumber cars if I had good local public transport.

Impulse buy gone somewhat wrong? I did that once, with the blue 156. I wanted to love that car, but the cosmetic imperfections and technical problems made me hesitate with investments in maintenance and improvements (sports suspension, better tyres, exhaust and Q2 diff were considered, cambelt change needed and I could do none of that myself) and I ended up selling it after just 1,5 years of ownership with a significant loss. I still kinda miss it however.

Your MX-5 looks like a fun little thing, the puprple/gold combo is great with the potential to look excellent once the stickers are removed and mismatched parts are painted accordingly. Just try to enjoy it for what it is and if you can't, free yourself and sell it on if you can get most of your money back.

Impulse buy gone somewhat wrong? I did that once, with the blue 156. I wanted to love that car, but the cosmetic imperfections and technical problems made me hesitate with investments in maintenance and improvements (sports suspension, better tyres, exhaust and Q2 diff were considered, cambelt change needed and I could do none of that myself) and I ended up selling it after just 1,5 years of ownership with a significant loss. I still kinda miss it however.

Your MX-5 looks like a fun little thing, the puprple/gold combo is great with the potential to look excellent once the stickers are removed and mismatched parts are painted accordingly. Just try to enjoy it for what it is and if you can't, free yourself and sell it on if you can get most of your money back.

Thank you for this.

Car is sold to a romanian photographer now since a little over a week. Chaps, never buy a project car if you can't afford and hold onto it.

Anyway, off to mobile, looking at Sierras, I guess... ooops?