Tanner Faust to host, Dan Neil to not

Clarkson. Not that hard.

How about a suggestion that could actually happen?

This is why the first TG US back in 2005 failed -- he didn't want to fly back and forth.

At least like the TG blokes, Tanner pronounces Porsche properly with TWO syllables-- Porsch-eh. That's something that Adam Carolla and even Jay Leno is apparently incapable of doing. Porsh...how ignorant for a true gear head to utter. blegh

At least like the TG blokes, Tanner pronounces Porsche properly with TWO syllables-- Porsch-eh. That's something that Adam Carolla and even Jay Leno is apparently incapable of doing. Porsh...how ignorant for a true gear head to utter. blegh

I just gave myself the test, i kind of say "Porsh-e

Like the e at the end of barely audible. I guess some kind of subliminal compromise between the two names.

How about a suggestion that could actually happen?

This is why the first TG US back in 2005 failed -- he didn't want to fly back and forth.

I was making a point to correct him after he said I was trying to be like Clarkson, not suggest Jezza as a host.

This show is going to be a lame duck. Someone please shoot it already. I am American and I admit American TV production sucks. We have never had a car program come close to the quality of Top Gear. NBC should hire the BBC production staff fast! Adam Corrola is Tool and even more horrible to listen too and watch then Tanner. NBC= Nothin But Corny TV.

I am American and I admit American TV production sucks.

Because you are one of many members of this forum which are what i like to call "Top gear Anglophiles", Americans who for whatever reason (mostly exposure to a certain television show) have grown apologetic and even somewhat ashamed of their native land and fond of a certain group of islands over there in "you-rope" to a point where they actually change their views and behavior to mimic them. These people want to impress their newfound brothers in "you-rope", and go on a tirade of denouncing anything and everything American. From politics to cars to speech, nothing is sacred, nothing is holy, as long as you appear "enlightened" to the "you-rope-pee-ans". The top gear Anglophile is vicious and unrelenting on his attacks on America, even when he has no real knowledge of why he is attacking it.

Symptoms include:
  • Sudden addition of a "u" into words where they don't belong.
  • A stated desire to leave the horrible, nasty motherland, but no feasible plan or intention to actually do so.
  • Lol, Leaf springs
  • Mispronouncing "Jag-Wahr".
  • Building a shrine around jeremy clarkson centered around a used tissue bought on ebay
  • Lol Leaf springs again

There is no known cure.

:D

Because you are one of many members of this forum which are what i like to call "Top gear Anglophiles", Americans who for whatever reason (mostly exposure to a certain television show) have grown apologetic and even somewhat ashamed of their native land and fond of a certain group of islands over there in "you-rope" to a point where they actually change their views and behavior to mimic them. These people want to impress their newfound brothers in "you-rope", and go on a tirade of denouncing anything and everything American. From politics to cars to speech, nothing is sacred, nothing is holy, as long as you appear "enlightened" to the "you-rope-pee-ans". The top gear Anglophile is vicious and unrelenting on his attacks on America, even when he has no real knowledge of why he is attacking it.

Symptoms include:
  • Sudden addition of a "u" into words where they don't belong.
  • A stated desire to leave the horrible, nasty motherland, but no feasible plan or intention to actually do so.
  • Lol, Leaf springs
  • Mispronouncing "Jag-Wahr".
  • Building a shrine around jeremy clarkson centered around a used tissue bought on ebay
  • Lol Leaf springs again

There is no known cure.

:D

wow way to inflate you're petite ego....

you're saying because I'm American and I like a few of you're tv shows I want to be like you?
do you need a catscan or something, cuz it sounds like there's something wrong up in you're floppy pink jello mold you call a brain....
Parliament is entertaining, absolutely retarded and unproductive, but entertaing, you can keep it though.
Who said any Americans want to leave the country, I'd like to go visit places, but not live in thoughts dirty place's. It's like a girl's taint, it looks nice a few weeks of the month, but stay there to long and things get stinky... please keep you're ego where it fit's and don't get over you're head thinking everyone wants to be a bad mouthed European. At least I can actually afford a car over here. I can also speed 90% of the time without getting a ticket every two minutes...
god I wish my government used wouldn't trust me and use me as there piggie bank like your's does. also contribute something to modern society and frikin develop a micro chip or something....

kthxby

FailDog.jpg

I'll leave it to you and the rest of the forum to figure out what i mean, also please dont be in the habit of so many personal attacks, the forum doesnt take kindly to them. Trust me i know, took a few bans to learn me that particular lesson :D

Last edited:
2. Tanner Foust. I actually randomly caught the "SuperCars exposed" show he hosts on Speed. It was awful. He tried to act cool and in combination with the poor production it came off way too corny. I couldn't watch it, all he did was take a Mercedes to a drag strip and race it with some chick he picked up riding shotgun. I promptly switched the channel.

It's pretty funny, this news announcement actually made me a bit optimistic about the show and it's the mercedes review you're referring to in particular that led to my optimism. I have watched a few episodes of supercars and yes, they are mostly quite formulaic and reminded me of time spent as a kid sleeping through csaba csere's terrible car reviews, but this mercedes review had the kind of irreverent attitude, lack of convention and disregard for the opinion of the manufacturer that made me think, gee this could almost qualify as a top gear segment. Do I think the mercedes segment could have been better? Absolutely, the camera work was terrible, there were some bad lulls in the screenplay, and while I liked the concept of picking up a model and taking her to the dragstrip, the model was neither enthused nor repulsed enough by the idea to keep it interesting. None of these do I feel are attributable to Foust as the host, and I think his detractors in this thread should try giving that episode an openminded watch.

wow way to inflate you're petite ego....

you're saying because I'm American and I like a few of you're tv shows I want to be like you?
do you need a catscan or something, cuz it sounds like there's something wrong up in you're floppy pink jello mold you call a brain....
Parliament is entertaining, absolutely retarded and unproductive, but entertaing, you can keep it though.
Who said any Americans want to leave the country, I'd like to go visit places, but not live in thoughts dirty place's. It's like a girl's taint, it looks nice a few weeks of the month, but stay there to long and things get stinky... please keep you're ego where it fit's and don't get over you're head thinking everyone wants to be a bad mouthed European. At least I can actually afford a car over here. I can also speed 90% of the time without getting a ticket every two minutes...
god I wish my government used wouldn't trust me and use me as there piggie bank like your's does. also contribute something to modern society and frikin develop a micro chip or something....
kthxby

There are some members of this forum who do want to live in the UK and seemingly want to be British, some even go out of their way to spell words in the way Brits pronounce them (saying "naught" instead of 0).

The problem with Mattdizzle is that anyone who thinks that a carbon copy of Top Gear produced purely to sell advertising space without pissing anyone off is an Anglophile.

Just remember, you are talking to a guy named "Matt" who drives a 4th gen F-body, thinks LT1's mans gift to speed and has "D1zzl3" (Dizzle) in his username.

Oh and please don't ever say "kthxby" again, Thank you.

There are some members of this forum who do want to live in the UK and seemingly want to be British, some even go out of their way to spell words in the way Brits pronounce them (saying "naught" instead of 0).

The problem with Mattdizzle is that anyone who thinks that a carbon copy of Top Gear produced purely to sell advertising space without pissing anyone off is an Anglophile.

I was talking more about the former, not the latter. Of course its all a greedy corporate ploy, it doesn't mean we need to despair and give up on it so quickly. And being an Anglophile isnt a bad thing, i count myself among them, but some people take it way, way too far.

Just remember, you are talking to a guy named "Matt" who drives a 4th gen F-body, thinks LT1's mans gift to speed and has "D1zzl3" (Dizzle) in his username.

:lol: tweaked for clarity and put in signature, if you dont mind. Great stuff!

Last edited:
Fuck, I missed it AGAIN?!