Tea Party candidate: Masturbation is the same as adultery

Of course he's now completely walked back his comments like a good party hack, claiming that O'Donnell can win and saying he got the NRSC to give O'Donnell 42 grand.
Uh, is Karl Rove trying to switch sides? That's gonna be interesting.

Karl Rove going red.. what a sight.

:lol: I think the man is just trying to hang onto his job(s). Just trying to stay relevant. That's all.

While I genuinely don't like Rove, I can respect what he's accomplished. He's good at his job and usually pretty direct. I find myself, I dunno ... disappointed that he walked his comments back. He told the truth and was blasted for it. Instead of telling Palin to go back to her "Real America" or Limbaugh to go eat some more pills he completely backed off. If there was anyone that I thought might show a little backbone it was him, since he's not a politician, just a political hack/pundit/bureaucrat.

Also, I heard another good quote from O'Donnell the other day. She claimed condoms were "anti-human" on Bill Maher's show a few years ago ('06, maybe?). She didn't see what the big deal was about having more people around. Didn't see what the big deal was about getting pregnant, which is even funnier coming from a woman who, as far as we know, has never gotten past first base.

The good thing about such extremists is, that becoming so extreme requires the kind of character, that will lead them on a collision course with the law sooner or later. And then they will disappear like a bad dream.

My only fear is that one day one of them might make it to a position of power, before it comes out, that he/she is not an idealist but only a self-righteous hypocrite.

Last edited:
Here's another dose of "WTF" to add to the cesspool: O'Donnell has praised JRR Tolkien's female characters, saying they are inspirations for the women of today. If you read it through, it even makes some bits of sense.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/sep/16/christine-odonnell-tolkien-women

JRR Tolkien might have been described as misogynistic by some critics for creating only a handful of female characters among the hundreds of males in his fantasy epic Lord of the Rings, but if ultra-conservative Tea Party candidate Christine O'Donnell is to be believed, the author actually "offers insight into what it means to be a woman" in the novel.

From "the gentle and hopeful Arwen in whose presence everything becomes peaceful" to Belladonna Baggins, who is "content, even utterly satisfied, in the role of a wife and mother", O'Donnell - who beat the Republican establishment favourite in Delaware in the US primaries yesterday - praised Tolkien's depiction of "the mysterious creature called the woman" in a 2003 essay.

His "portrayal of women in Lord of The Rings is bold and courageous. The bittersweet complexities of true womanhood are daringly depicted in each of the female characters," O'Donnell claimed, pointing to elf princess Arwen, elf queen Galadriel, Eowyn of Rohan and Frodo Baggins's ancestor, Belladonna Took.

"Tolkien critics have accused the creator of Middle Earth of being anti-woman, even archaic, when viewed through today's politically correct lens of gender roles," wrote O'Donnell. "Some critics claim that Tolkien's serene version of femininity is offensive to the modern female viewer. As a modern female viewer, I find the assumption itself offensive. Just because women can be warriors doesn't mean they have to be. Everything about Tolkien's Arwen is tranquil, serene, calming. These qualities are part of the charm of the womanhood she expresses. There are many types of women in the world. Arwen represents one of them. She represents a pillar of calm that is a source of strength for her man. Her great contribution to the war is the strength she provides to the future king."

But, continued O'Donnell, pointing to the "more down to earth" Eowyn, "this is not to say that Tolkien's ideal woman is necessarily pure and angelic". "Conflicted and free-spirited, one can easily imagine Eowyn with a wicked case of PMS, which is part of why we love her. Still, she remains feminine bearing a sense of pride and dignity," she wrote.

And although "budding feminists" have said that Eowyn had to disguise herself as a man to go and fight Sauron's forces, actually, says O'Donnell, "Tolkien elevates womanhood; it is specifically her gender that allows her to triumph" and beat the Witch-King. "Thou Fool. No living man may hinder me!" he tells her. Eowyn replies: "No living man am I," and kills him.

"When we first met Eowyn, she was conflicted about the fire inside of her. For her whole life she was expected to behave like Arwen, though she desired to take an active role in stopping the downward changes occurring in her country. When this wasn't permitted, the wild spirit in her was stifled and gave way to bitterness and despair. It is only when she reconciles her femininity with her warrior spirit that the torment is gone, and her true womanhood is discovered," said the pro-gun, anti-abortion candidate. "Perhaps Tolkien is showing us that all types of femininity are valid. Obliterating one in favour of the other is destructive to all. Each type of woman is crucial to the wellbeing of a healthy community."

Last edited:
What the fuck was that? How did this lady seriously beat out Castle? She's the weird, outspoken girl no one wants to sit next to at lunch. I bet she'd be funny as hell drunk though.

What the fuck was that? How did this lady seriously beat out Castle? She's the weird, outspoken girl no one wants to sit next to at lunch. I bet she'd be funny as hell drunk though.

Extremists are more likely to vote in primaries than moderates.

That's why you should never over-analyze literature.

Especially Tolkien. He could write a battle scene, a language (his real love) or a whole over-arching plot, but LotR isn't exactly about character.

Here's another dose of "WTF" to add to the cesspool: O'Donnell has praised JRR Tolkien's female characters, saying they are inspirations for the women of today. If you read it through, it even makes some bits of sense.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/sep/16/christine-odonnell-tolkien-women

Sounds like a conversation we had in my freshmen high school english class. No biggie; she supports her claims with literary evidence. Plenty of other things for which to make fun of her.

Damn that's ... weird.

In other O'Donnell news, she claimed today that she has raised 1.5 million in just 72 hours. It's certainly possible, but I'd like to see some proof of that.

Damn that's ... weird.

In other O'Donnell news, she claimed today that she has raised 1.5 million in just 72 hours. It's certainly possible, but I'd like to see some proof of that.
I believe it. All of the "Tea Party Week" segments on NPR are based on where their money comes from. Does it surprise anyone to know that the same people (and companies) who help finance the Tea Party Express are the same "politics as usual" crowd they rally against?

I believe it. All of the "Tea Party Week" segments on NPR are based on where their money comes from. Does it surprise anyone to know that the same people (and companies) who help finance the Tea Party Express are the same "politics as usual" crowd they rally against?
That's just the liberal media, spreading liiiieeesssssss. Here in the Real America, we don't trust the media. Or the establishment. Or campaign finance reports from the government.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Koch brothers from down here have thrown a good bit of money her way.

http://img203.imageshack.**/img203/7982/reactionface.png

She's reading WAY too much into LoTR.

I'm obviously not a teabagger but don't forget NPR is sponsored by the likes of Monsanto and Bank of America.

This Tea Party thing is it intended to be anti British?

If it is woa yea good on yer.

We will finally get over this fabrication that some Brits think we are your special mates - of course we are not, your 'special mates' are those arch neutrals the Irish of course - you know the people who have not lost 300 dead soldiers per annum supporting you lot in Iraq or Afghanistan but like to sit about doing bugger all to support western culture or revenge the twin towers. They are your 'special mates' not us, it stuns me that some stupid Brits think otherwise and worse that they are in power.

Especially Tolkien. He could write a battle scene, a language (his real love) or a whole over-arching plot, but LotR isn't exactly about character.

Exactly right LotR is an ensemble piece no one character is featured as a whole more then the others. And some of the most important characters, Sam for example, aren't even fully developed unless you read the Appendix.

Sounds like a conversation we had in my freshmen high school english class. No biggie; she supports her claims with literary evidence. Plenty of other things for which to make fun of her.

http://img203.imageshack.**/img203/7982/reactionface.png

She hasn't read the book. I doubt she has ever even opened a book like LotR.

She's reading WAY too much into LoTR.

She isn't reading anything into it because she hasn't read the book. If she had read the book she wouldn't say what she said about the death of the Lord of the Nazg?l/Black Captain.

Yes Eowyn was able to kill him because she was not a man but she never would have been able to without Meriadoc and specifically without the blade Meriadoc wielded.

Page 826 Motion picture edition paperback.

And still Meriadoc the hobbit stood there blinking through is tears, and no one spoke to him, indeed none seemed to heed him. He brushed away the tears, and stooped to pick up the green shield that Eowyn had given him, and he slung it at his back. Then he looked for his sword that he had let fall; for even as he struck his blow his arm was numbed, and now he could only use his left hand. And behold! there lay his weapon, but the blade was smoking like a dry branch that has been thrust in a fire; and as he watched it, it writhed and withered and was consumed.
So passed the sword of the Barrow-downs , work of Westernesse. But glad would he have been to know its fate who wrought it slowly long ago in the North-kingdom where the Dunedain were young, and cheif among their foes was the dread realm of Angmar and its sorcerer king. No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealth that foe a wound so bitter, leaving the undead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his well.

Eowyn couldn't have done anything without Meriadoc, who also wasn't a man, and the special ancient blade he found in the Barrow-downs very early in the book. The movie skipped over that part so no mention of it was made in the movie.

It really pisses me off when people get important details in books wrong.

I'm obviously not a teabagger but don't forget NPR is sponsored by the likes of Monsanto and Bank of America.

The majority of NPRs funding comes from individual donors not underwriters and corporations.

WNPR member here

Last edited:
But NPR isn't claiming it's a "grassroots movement" "by the people" to rebel against "Washington as usual" and "get government back to basics".

The majority of NPRs funding comes from individual donors not underwriters and corporations.

WNPR member here

Maybe not so much. I remember hearing an attack piece on local small banks. At the end of it they mentioned Bank of America as a sponsor.