Tea

My favourite tea is Earl Grey it's my everyday tea. I take it with no sugar and just a drop of skimmed milk. My fella says it smells like washing up liquid but he's clearly a philistine :)

My fella says it smells like washing up liquid but he's clearly a philistine :)

oh most certainly! although i mostly prefer my tea plain, without any sugar or milk. only every other month i have a day when i get a strange craving for tea with both :?
now enjoying a lovely cup of sencha :) ... i actually drink tea all day long, just to prevent me from stuffing my face with food.

I've decided I want a teapot for work. In the interest of simplicity and, frankly, cheapness, I ordered a personaliTEA through Amazon (cheaper than listed on Adagio's site, plus free shipping). I also ordered the flavored black Berry Sampler, a sample of Peach Oolong, a sample of Raspberry Green, and an order (3oz, the only size available) of "Trick or Treat" blend, a combination of pumpkin spice, caramel, and cream flavored teas.

I went for mostly sample sizes so I could mix it up a bit at work without having large amounts of tea sitting around my desk. I'll need to clean up and organize my shelves to make some space.

Oolong tea has a certain... dankness.. to its smell. I went to Tealuxe for a cup on a rainy night and decided to try some. i took a whiff, gave the guy a look and he just cracked up. it's my favorite tea now.

I'm disappointed in the Raspberry from the sampler. There's a lack of good strawberry flavor, and just a hint of... fakeness to it. But my steeping practices are not 100% consistent. Hopefully my second pot of the Raspberry will be better.

I LOVED the Forest Berries flavor, ad the peach oolong was great as well.

I love rooibos tea with vanilla flavour.

Yes, if you ignore the fact, that no real fruit is responsible for the flavour :D

Yes, if you ignore the fact, that no real fruit is responsible for the flavour :D

what do i care! they could write anything on the package i'd still buy it if it tastes the way it does :p
i don't even mind the fact that "natural strawberry flavours" are extracted from saw dust :dunno:

I decided I wanted a "different" tea today, so I dug through our old samplers. I found a little tin of wuyi ensemble. Based on our order history, it looks like this tea was shipped to us in January of 2006, so likely a 2005 harvest... In other words, OLD. I tossed it into the Ingenuitea anyway. Despite its age, the flavor is rather close to Adagio's description. I'd say the earthy tones have overwhelmed any roasted vegetable flavor at this point, and the sesame is quite strong now, too. I'm not getting any hints of fruitiness. I don't know if that's the age of the tea or my not-so-sophisticated tongue. The tea was rich in flavor and not bitter - I don't think it was actually bad due to the age.

But I have reaffirmed my dislike for "earthy" teas. I... don't like dirt. :dunno:

because of todays temperatures i decided to make some icetea and throw some orange juice ice cubes in there... lovely :)
2012-08-03%2018.53.15.jpg

British and Indian people look at me like I'm a madman when I don't put milk or sugar in my tea. They're missing out!

A slice of lemon is all that is needed in 'brown' tea really. I like it both ways, with a slice of lemon in 'brown' tea or with milk.

I've decided I want a teapot for work. In the interest of simplicity and, frankly, cheapness, I ordered a personaliTEA through Amazon (cheaper than listed on Adagio's site, plus free shipping).
After using the teapot for a few months, Adagio released colored versions. For $14, I couldn't resist the purple one! I've been using it at work since it arrived and love it. I didn't get the cups, as I prefer to drink from my mug at work. The pot makes two mugs' worth.

I noticed this weekend that the IngenuiTea I've dedicated to black teas is breaking near the base. It's still usable, but at some point the base will break off, and then it won't be usable any longer. With a replacement IngenuiTea being $19 and the colored pots being $14, I decided to get the brown pot. But then... I decided to give in to temptation and get the matching cups. So instead of $19, I spent $23. Whoops. Still, I've been missing my pretty pot when making tea at home and will enjoy having it.

And to add some color to the thread, my purple teapot:

I love tea as well. But haven't really tried a lot of the flavored ones. With fall settling in, I might try a few.

up until this week i kept all my tea in a drawer and never exactly knew what was in there because i couldn't be bothered to dig to the bottom... then i rearranged my kitchen a little bit and discovered i actually have 24 different kinds of tea :eek:
2013-01-22%2015.59.15.jpg

basically, everything is in there: multiple white and green teas, oolong, black tea, various roiboos and even some fruity stuff. everything 'untouched' and with various added flavors.
what i recently developed a liking for was chai. usually 30-60% black tea with varying levels of spicy spices added :p i love it... so i got 5 different versions of that as well :)