Team Schrick, subtitle project

Suedschleife

Subtitling God
Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium, Germania
This thread serves as communication hub for the Team Schrick subtitle project.

The show will consist of 6 episodes afaik. Car specs.

Our subbing process consists of various steps at the moment. If you'd like to volunteer for any position, give translating a try before committing to becoming a team member or can occasionally help out please post in this thread.

Acquisition: Provides the episode footage on which the sub will be based by means of rip from TV broadcast, or edit/transcode of DMAX Videotheke flash clips
Current Team member/s: Suedschleife
Skill requirement: Basic (and easy to aquire) familiarity with video editing and encoding tools.
Time requirement: Low

Translation: Translates German language segments into English language .txt file (example).
Current Team member/s: klankymen, Elvis313, Psirus, bal00, Swek, Suedschleife
Skill requirement: Good German and English language skills (comprehension/expression), high degree of self-motivation.
Time requirement: High

Proof reading: Corrects spelling and grammatical errors, ensures uniform numbering and format.
Current Team member/s: TechZ, insane
Skill requirement: Flawless-very good English language skills, high degree of self-motivation, pays attention to detail.
Time requirement: High

Timing: Sets start/end points for lines of text using timing software and sets font format.
Current Team member/s: TheWolf, Suedschleife
Skill requirement: Familiarity with Aegisub
Time requirement: Medium

Encoding: Transcodes video with hardsubs -
Current Team member/s: Suedschleife
Skill requirement: Familiarity with video encoding tools.
Time requirement: Low

Quality Assurance: Inspects the final product for errors of any kind.
Current Team member/s: MadCow809, insane
Skill requirement: Flawless-very good English language skills, pays attention to detail
Time requirement: Low-Medium

Distribution/Release: Uploads the video to online platforms and creates Torrent.
Current Team member/s: TechZ, Suedschleife
Skill requirement: Ability to use a computer without harming him/herself
Time requirement: low

Team coordination: Coordinates segment assignment and team staffing.
Current Team member/s: ahpadt
Skill requirement: Good communicator and mediator, ability to motivate people
Time requirement: Medium-High

Finalgear IRC: irc://irc.finalgear.com/Subcentral

I will try to serve in any capacity that's not filled, but some say I am only human.

Last edited:
I can do the proof reading and quality check part.

I wouldn't mind distributing it via BT, but only when I'm in the states with 10mb connection. Which means during June - August I won't be able to help you guys uploading since I will be away in South Africa.

Well, I'll do something, probably translation, but I can also do timing/encoding, if someone tells me how.

Oh, and Suedschleife, are you sure this show is also gonna be on the videothek? Just doublechecking.

Uh, ehm, I guess I could help out with coordination but then I'd require everybody to hang out on IRC.
I'd prolly need a little kickstart aswell, as I've never been involved in subtitling projects before.

just watching the first episode, and I?m shocked to say that I quite like it...
I thought it was gonna be crap like dmotor. So seeing as this is a show I am actually willing to watch, I?d be happy to help with something like proofreading or something if you still need someone...

cheers

We can never have enough translators tbh, some will probably need a break at one point or the initial enthusiasm wears off. Segment 5 is still available btw.

I don't know if TechZ needs any help proof reading, he never complains :D. Do you Z?

It's great to see so many people volunteering, thank you. We probably have enough people for klanky (or anyone else interested) to try out timing or some other positions, so I become replaceable :cry:.

Last edited:
I don't really have any idea of what I'm doing, since you involved me into the project. You are the project leader and coordinating, not me. :p

My English isn't up to native standards, but I can help out with whatever that's needed.

I?ll do whatever... I?d say my english and german are both pretty decent. Only problem is I have loads to do with formula student at the moment, so I can?t put massive amounts of time into much else. I?d be glad to do anything small though...

If you need someone to do timing I can do it...

I used to do fansub timing for TV-Nihon on their zoids projects.

I'm not sure how much help I'd be here, as I speak very limited German, but my English skills and proof-reading skills are high (It's part of my job!), so I can pick up English grammatical mistakes (Maybe proof-reading or QA?)

Let me know if you want/need a hand with this bit.