Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles [Stay out to avoid spoilers]

Well, as much as I like T1, T2 is definitely a better movie, and not just because of the special effects.

T3 was well.... different

No TSCC yesterday? :(

//edit Nevermind, my RSS Downloader let me down :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a bit of the show last night for the first time, it seems to be a bit better than I expected, but still kinda eh. It'll probably end up being something we go to when we don't have a movie or something to watch.

Pfft, I <3 this show.

This week's episode was quite good. It's not the best SF on TV right now, but it's definitely worth watching.

another episode gone, and I think I'm really getting into this show. The last one showed some bits from the future, explained how the Reese brothers came into the picture, etc.

I also really really liked the scene where Cameron was ripping the flesh off the other terminator and then melting him, gave her a more robotic personality than she already had, the way she did those things without even flinching.

i'm thinking it would be super duper awesome cool if you could buy a lifesize terminator prop and just put it on your porch or something. it'd only need to light up its eyes in red if anyone passes close by.

i'm thinking it would be super duper awesome cool if you could buy a lifesize terminator prop and just put it on your porch or something. it'd only need to light up its eyes in red if anyone passes close by.

I've said it for years that if I ever win the lottery, I was going to have Stan Winston (RIP) build me a full size T-800, Alien Queen, and HK-47 for me to display. It'd be awesome if the first two could move a bit via remote control. Just picture it, you have someone over and you say "I'll go grab us some beers" and step away for a moment, they take the chance to get up real close to the Queen for a good look and you use the remote. Have it snap its head towards them, open both its mouths, move the arms, and make it hiss. There would be several seconds of absolute pure terror for your victim.

Ok Ok so I've "acquired" season 2 and am working my way through it, 5 episodes done

I have to say season 2 >>> season 1. There's a definite twist with the Shirley Manson character, and there's also some more stuff we get to know about the future. What I don't really like is that Skynet seems to have sent a million Terminators back in time, each of them with one specific thing they need to do. So we end up having yet another Cameron vs terminator battle.

I did like the way Cameron was going all nuts and reverting to the original programming as to kill John, but I dunno where those "old" memories from the "real" cameron came from. Also, how this is possible from a damaged chip is beyond me. She got beaten up by other terminators time and time again without any problems, but once the car blew up, she got "damaged".

Still, the storyline is interesting, especially with Agent Ellison working for the enemy without him knowing it, etc.

Ok Ok so I've "acquired" season 2 and am working my way through it, 5 episodes done

I have to say season 2 >>> season 1. There's a definite twist with the Shirley Manson character, and there's also some more stuff we get to know about the future. What I don't really like is that Skynet seems to have sent a million Terminators back in time, each of them with one specific thing they need to do. So we end up having yet another Cameron vs terminator battle.

I did like the way Cameron was going all nuts and reverting to the original programming as to kill John, but I dunno where those "old" memories from the "real" cameron came from. Also, how this is possible from a damaged chip is beyond me. She got beaten up by other terminators time and time again without any problems, but once the car blew up, she got "damaged".

Still, the storyline is interesting, especially with Agent Ellison working for the enemy without him knowing it, etc.

from where did you aquire the second season.... i cant seem to find it on my usual avenues

EZTV has all of it I think, if you are into that.

Has this show gotten any better in the later half of the season? I stopped watching it because nothing ever happens in it. Feels like its the same episode over and over again, and hardly any movement in the plot. I was very intrigued at first, but I got bored watching it. Lots of explosions and shooting and terminators throwing themselves across a room doesn't make up for a rather boring plot line.

Has this gotten any better, or does it still move slowly like the first season and a half?

JH

^yes, all of season 2 is on mininova, upto about episode 12

the last 10 episodes arent on there yet, because they haven't aired yet

Watch on... it gets even more interesting :)

I did, and I was :jawdrop: many times.

Some things I don't get though (up to episode 10 atm)

- How come Cromartie, who survived his head being blown off, get killed by a couple of shots to the face? He was the most badass/indestructible Terminator to rule all, he even started "thinking" for himself, etc, and then they kill him in a boring/stupid way.

- The Shirley Manson T-1000, I don't know if it's helping or preventing Skynet from taking over. Same goes for Ellison,I just don't know anymore.

- When they tortured the "young" Mr Smith, shouldn't the "old" Mr Smith have some scars magically appear on his body?

- The girl v girl fight was amusing, but pretty short. We also get no explanation as to why the other woman Terminator was here, other than to kill/protect that psychiatrist dude. Also, she got pwned pretty bad. I liked when the couple entered the elevator, both Terminators stopped fighting and pretend like they were regular people.

- Unlike in the movies, current Terminators apparently have the ability to grow back skin, in extreme ways. In the movies skin would just rot away if it was too damaged...
Cromartie lost like half his face, his chest and his back, yet a couple of days later, when he was plugged into that AI machine, it's all grown back. (Also, that scene where he introduces himself to Ellison made me shit bricks...kudos to the makers)

- I don't get how/why Reese is able to keep his "girlfriend" a secret from the rest of them...aren't they all there to help John? If so, why not just add her to the team?

- There's something not quite right with the "feel" of some episodes. Some episodes are way slow and dreary, with lots of talking, lots of explaining, yadda yadda, then in the last 5 minutes a Terminator fight emerges out of fucking nowhere, and the Terminator is killed. I like other episodes better, where they build up the suspense more, like the one where you get the same story told over and over, as seen by every character.

still, so far season 2 kicks total ass.

^yup season kicks ass alright.... im just about finished now, enjoyed most of the eps. 12 is a bit dreary mind, with that kid and her mum, but other than that most have been good. especially the one where john and reese enrole in that army college and take out a terminator in the woods. and the one where cameron works with the wheel chair dude to figure out what happened to the terminator named stark.

I didn't quite get the last episode though, it seems to go nowhere, then go all exciting and then go "to be continued..."

What do those UFO geeks have to do with anything? What are the "drones"? Are those the big flying things at the end?
Why did Sarah go alone if she thought it could be so dangerous?

^ Looks like "Skynet" or someone else has already started building the "Hunter/Killers" as DoD weapons out in the desert -- the sky roaming robots we see in the apocalyptic future. I forget why Sarah would have gone alone, I guess she was investigating a lead and it just evolved that way. Besides, once she went out to Roswell she'd be hundreds of miles away from LA where everybody else is.