Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles [Stay out to avoid spoilers]

I still don't get how this works with the ending of T3.
It doesn't. T3 was ignored (because it was a crap idea from the beginning), SCC only works together with T1 and T2.

I still don't get how this works with the ending of T3.

T3 takes place in an alternate timeline (i.e. the movie was a money grab).

Josh Friedman, producer of the 2008 Fox television series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which takes place after Terminator 2: Judgment Day, stated in an interview that the events of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines occur in an alternate timeline from that of the TV series.

The continuity of the plot of the franchise comes into question immediately in the opening scene of the film in which John Connor narrates the events that have led to his current situation. During this scene, he indicates that the Terminators failed to kill his mother before he was born, so they tried again when he was only 13. This is a continuity error between T2 and T3, since it is made evident in T2 that John is 10 years old during the events of that film. However T3 director Jonathan Mostow has stated this was a creative decision based on Edward Furlong's actual age at the time of shooting T2.

ZOMG! please let it be true!

Also, does anyone else think the 2nd season had some VERY good episodes but also a bunch of super CRAP episodes... like the one where they go to the funeral of the guy, it's basically 42 minutes of nothingness, doesn't add to the storyline, no action, no nothing... aside from Summer Glau in underwear for NO reason at all

it feels like they didn't know what to do with the show, then in the last couple of episodes, everything accelerates and they quickly get rid of a few characters, and end with another dramatic twist...

who knows, if there will be a 3rd season, maybe it'll focus on Sarah in the "now" instead of John in the "future"

Just finished eps 15-22. Awesome stuff. And I'm glad that season 3 may still be a possibility.

Remember the "Will you join us?" parts? Wasn't that the same question asked during the submarine episode? Also the eel thing was there too, was that Mrs. Weaver from the future?

That's when it clicked for me, after Ellison delivered the message. Cameron knew, and didn't warn John/Sarah...so that's when I figured out that Weaver probably isn't "bad"....

That's when it clicked for me, after Ellison delivered the message. Cameron knew, and didn't warn John/Sarah...so that's when I figured out that Weaver probably isn't "bad"....

That twist made me angry. The "Weaver" terminator killed the REAL Mr. and Mrs. Weaver, and then like a snake keeps the child around for what exactly? Torture, torment? Not to mention killing most of the crew on the submarine. Or slaughtering a warehouse full of arguably innocent employees.

I don't buy it. You can't just change the character on a dime like that. Did they hire "Heroes" writers or what?

It doesn't. T3 was ignored (because it was a crap idea from the beginning), SCC only works together with T1 and T2.

And, separately, the new movie trilogy works together with T1 and T2, but NOT T3 and NOT SCC.

I dunno if there's any news about a possible season 3, but from my perspective, they made the show a whole lot more expensive by going into the future...

they'll need "futuristic" guns, post apocolyptic scenery, more scary machines, etc...
so it'll be more expensive...

also, I am sad that now it seems Mrs Weaver is the "protecting John" Terminator, and not Cameron... :(

And, separately, the new movie trilogy works together with T1 and T2, but NOT T3 and NOT SCC.
Yes, SCC takes place in an alternate timeline. It was split off.

That twist made me angry. The "Weaver" terminator killed the REAL Mr. and Mrs. Weaver, and then like a snake keeps the child around for what exactly? Torture, torment? Not to mention killing most of the crew on the submarine. Or slaughtering a warehouse full of arguably innocent employees.

I don't buy it. You can't just change the character on a dime like that. Did they hire "Heroes" writers or what?

It's one of those ends justifies the means things. And it's still a cyborg.

Not sure if this has been touched on yet, but I just realized why the future resistance didn't know who John was. Since he jumped from 2008 to the future, he pretty much hasn't existed for that period of time. It will be interesting to see if that is how it's supposed to be (and he won't jump back) and if in this future, Sarah is still alive.

*edit*

And we should know if it's picked up for a new season before May 18th, when Fox has its upfronts. They have been waiting for their new pilots to come in before making a decision on renewing the show.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been touched on yet, but I just realized why the future resistance didn't know who John was. Since he jumped from 2008 to the future, he pretty much hasn't existed for that period of time. It will be interesting to see if that is how it's supposed to be (and he won't jump back) and if in this future, Sarah is still alive.

yeah, I pretty much got that right away. He "jumped over" judgement day, so he wouldn't have been around then to start up the resistance, etc...

I just hope the story doesnt go to hell from now on, maybe he will "jump" back again, and it isn't certain that his mom is still there

then again, the story may now just focus on Sarah (as it is TSCC), but then again, what would be the point of that (the Terminators won't come after her anymore since there's no point... John is gone anways)

Yes, SCC takes place in an alternate timeline. It was split off.

It's even worse than that. The people producing the new films and the SCC people didn't even talk to each other. Literally the first time they met was when McG invited the SCC producers to the movie set at the END of production.

Ruh-roh. Don't look for any well-crafted tie-ins between the two.

Well, I don't even know if Season 3 has any more than a few shows penned already (if that). So there may be an opportunity for them to tie it all together.

Last edited:
Well, fuck that! :thumbsdown:

I think Warner Bros. may be to blame as well, something about jacking up the licensing fees or something. But still, it was a quality show and didn't perform that poorly. I would rather have seen Dollhouse cancelled and TTSCC picked up. That way maybe Whedon could have worked on something a little more worthwhile.

I think Warner Bros. may be to blame as well, something about jacking up the licensing fees or something. But still, it was a quality show and didn't perform that poorly. I would rather have seen Dollhouse cancelled and TTSCC picked up. That way maybe Whedon could have worked on something a little more worthwhile.

Dollhouse isn't that bad, infact I like it. It had less terrible episodes than TSCC had this season. Everything that was Sarah based and her going crazy was horrid. I mean I almost stopped because of those. But at the end the show hit its stride