Test Drive Unlimited

One thing I'm finding annoying in the various TDU-for-PC boards is people claiming their game works on so-and-so configuration *that does not meet the minimum requirements*, atari's minimum system requirements aren't correct and posting some other *lower* specs, far-fetched tips on how to get the most out of the game *such as "unplugging all USB devices increased my fps drastically!" :woot:* (Bangs head on desk)

Just recorded another video using Fraps. I had to turn the resolution down to 800x600 for it not to lag. But the quality still turned out ok. But I still can't drift that well with the controller, maybe I should hook up my Logitech DrivingForce wheel and give that a try.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqomTL4ZA2A[/youtube]

YouTube really made the video a lot darker, here's a better quality link.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1pk9a_tdu-downhill-battle

anybody know where i can get a demo?

You can find the full game on Mininova.

Ugh, it looks so nice on your PC. I need a new video card. I can't run HDR at 1600x1200. :(

Can you link me a working crack that requires no additional download
Dude, do it yourself.

Spoonfeeding is bad enough, and to break the copyright in the process... that aint right.

Google isn't that far off, and gamecopyworld is a rather obvious start... If you are too dumb to pirate, buy it, we are not a warez help forum, even though it may seem like that at occasions...

Ugh, it looks so nice on your PC. I need a new video card. I can't run HDR at 1600x1200. :(

The game is so poorly optimised, even my x1950xtx doesn't get enjoyable framerates at those settings. If I want HDR and full AA/AF, I have to bump down to 1280x1024. :(

To that wannabe pirate bloke, if you're too stupid to use google, just buy the sodding game already. FG isn't warez headquarters, it's not our place to assist you.

Dude, do it yourself.

Spoonfeeding is bad enough, and to break the copyright in the process... that aint right.

I'm trying to find it for PS3 so nevermind. Not so easy. I just wanted to demo it on PC while I'm waiting

I'm trying to find it for PS3 so nevermind. Not so easy. I just wanted to demo it on PC while I'm waiting

Sorry, but, as far as I know, it's not coming out on PS3. Besides, by what I'm reading, you're better off with the console versions than the PC version.

Asking for the second time in case anyone looked over my last message. I've looked all the web to see if anyone else has uploaded some savegames, but found nothing.

Could someone share a expert level savegame with me? Please <3

Don't feel like playing another 15 hours to get to where i was :(

Asking for the second time in case anyone looked over my last message. I've looked all the web to see if anyone else has uploaded some savegames, but found nothing.

Could someone share a expert level savegame with me? Please <3

Don't feel like playing another 15 hours to get to where i was :(
I have a champion with 1.986 billion on the wallet and 50++ cars. Offline profile. Online I got mostly the same. LOL.

Finally found the last Race event. Its called 'The Drop', a mB bike event, at the northern side of the island.

The game aint worth the effort anyway, IMO :p

Amen to that:p

Sold mine for a DS game and Metroid on GBA. Worth it IMO. I got about 35 bucks (CND), that was what the total of the games would have been and you can buy it for about 45.

this threads to long to figure out specifics, so please don't mind if i ask

anyways it sounds like the 360 version is probably the best, what i was wondering though (as i don't have the 360) is if the PC version had the "hardcore" driving mode, or atleast one were that is somewhat realistic? or if there are any plans for it to come out ever?

basically, is the PC version worth while, i don't play alot of videogames, so unless its something crazy awesome then don't tell me about it (i do know that PSP and PS2 is supposed to be trash, i have neither so it doesn't bother me)

o and can 360 and PC play together? and if not is there atleast a good PC community going?

Last edited:
Finally found the last Race event. Its called 'The Drop', a mB bike event, at the northern side of the island.

Can you take a screenshot of the location. Thanks. 8)

this threads to long to figure out specifics, so please don't mind if i ask

anyways it sounds like the 360 version is probably the best, what i was wondering though (as i don't have the 360) is if the PC version had the "hardcore" driving mode, or atleast one were that is somewhat realistic? or if there are any plans for it to come out ever?

basically, is the PC version worth while, i don't play alot of videogames, so unless its something crazy awesome then don't tell me about it (i do know that PSP and PS2 is supposed to be trash, i have neither so it doesn't bother me)

o and can 360 and PC play together? and if not is there atleast a good PC community going?

I think the hardcore mode is their but shoudl be named slithering about on ice mode and you can't play cross-plattfrom, Windows live was there when this was developed...

//edit: Oh and, since you can search inside a thread, at least the hardcore mode question is search able...

Last edited: