TG Clip Featured in Toyota Tacoma(Hilux) Commercial

Gameflyer

Quite a surprise to see any form of TG on a network station(NBC), but as SNL went to break, a commercial for New England Toyota dealers played the clip of the caravan being dropped onto the truck with the VO: "Toyota Tacoma, so tough that when a British TV show tried to destroy it, they couldn't" (or something to that effect). Not sure if it's only a regional run, or if other dealers will pick it up, but cool nonetheless. It just ran right now, so I wasn't able to find it online. Anyone else catch it?

capra

Car(s)
1990 Chevy Corsica LT
"Toyota Tacoma, so tough that when a British TV show tried to destroy it, they couldn't" (or something to that effect).
Brilliant! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. :)

RSullivan

Just saw another variation of this during the Pats game. Coincidentally I had just logged onto this site less than a minute before. Weird.

Seasonone

Car(s)
RB25 "silvia"
Must have not been on the west coast feed of the game or I just don't pay attention to commercials because I didn't see anything and I am watching it praying Moss gets me as many fantasy points as possible!

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
Wasn't the Hilux that TG tried to destroy from the late 80's and not really like the current Tacoma at all?

Vette Boss

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen Passat 3.6 VR6
Yes, actually, the one TG tested was old and battered, and rusty. Toyota already having a winning formula, I doubt they've changed much apart from adding creature comforts and new gadgets. Same basic structure as the one twenty five years ago.

Phila

Car(s)
1995 Subaru Legacy, 2008 Subaru Legacy
Perhaps they'll show it during Sunday Night Football tonight? I hope.

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I have said if toyota was smart they would use that in a commercial