TG host's wrist watches

I admit they are a small honest new manufacturer and have to build a name for themselves but there are better options for a similar price point available.

Can you give some suggestions for that price point?

Can you give some suggestions for that price point?

For which of their watches, they have different prices for their quartz, russian chronograph and swiss movements.

these boys have some nice watches in their collections....

I have some catching up to do :p

Whilst the presenters (being on big bucks contracts) certainly have ?500+ watches that most of us couldn't afford (or could but would rather pay our bills first :p) here's a brand that I reckon is close to the TG spirit (if I can call that) and that has a wide range of models for not that expensive prices, Fossil.
http://www.fossil.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...2&departmentId=213502&currentPage=0&viewAll=1

Anyone agrees, or has any other suggestions of the same kind?

I am wondering if society have repressed you to the point that the only way you feel you can express yourself while maintaing your manhood is by your watch.

Seriously. My computer, phone, office wall (clock), TV, DVD player, Xbox et al ALL tell me the time. Watches just aren't necessary/

Seriously. My computer, phone, office wall (clock), TV, DVD player, Xbox et al ALL tell me the time. Watches just aren't necessary/

Yeah, and (in the city at least) we have subways, taxis, buses, and bicycles to get us around. Cars aren't necessary either. These things are never a matter of pure necessity.

Yeah, and (in the city at least) we have subways, taxis, buses, and bicycles to get us around. Cars aren't necessary either. These things are never a matter of pure necessity.

I'm not one to be rude on the interweb but are you serious?

Switching from my car to buses or trains would make my commute more than twice as long. Not to mention 5 times more smelly and uncomfortable.

Not wearing a watch means you may need to move your eyes in a different direction to find out the time.

Come on Fiorano, as if you never buy something just and only for the look of it...... ;)
Yes a watch is not that necessary and yes too one can catch the time by other means, but a watch is also a fashion statement as much as your girlfriend's earring or bracelets or your latest favourite pair of leather boots (when we could all be wearing sandals at the end of the day).
Imagine The Fonz' with a cardigan instead of a leather jacket. It's part of the appeal, an appeal that a watch can partly help to provide.

And since you mention them things, I am not that old (35) but I grew up without mobile phones and was doing very fine thank you very much (today it is just used for a few texts a day with my wife) and in 2009 I still don't own a laptop nor an X Box and feeling happy in life, so I could also argue that they are not that necessary either.
Each his own but please do not patronize others on whether they made the best choices in life or not.

I'm not one to be rude on the interweb but are you serious?

Switching from my car to buses or trains would make my commute more than twice as long. Not to mention 5 times more smelly and uncomfortable.

Not wearing a watch means you may need to move your eyes in a different direction to find out the time.

I was being hyperbolic, so not entirely serious, but my point remains: practicality isn't everything with these things. In your case you'd be just as well off, purely practically speaking, with a Corolla.

Come on Fiorano, as if you never buy something just and only for the look of it...... ;)
Yes a watch is not that necessary and yes too one can catch the time by other means, but a watch is also a fashion statement as much as your girlfriend's earring or bracelets or your latest favourite pair of leather boots (when we could all be wearing sandals at the end of the day).
Imagine The Fonz' with a cardigan instead of a leather jacket. It's part of the appeal, an appeal that a watch can partly help to provide.

And since you mention them things, I am not that old (35) but I grew up without mobile phones and was doing very fine thank you very much (today it is just used for a few texts a day with my wife) and in 2009 I still don't own a laptop nor an X Box and feeling happy in life, so I could also argue that they are not that necessary either.
Each his own but please do not patronize others on whether they made the best choices in life or not.

Point taken but I think you've been a little unfair

No patronizing here. My point was the fact that not wearing a watch simply cannot be compared to no longer driving your car. It just can't.

My overall point is that watches are now nothing more than jewelry. Not that it really matters. Really.

I was being hyperbolic, so not entirely serious, but my point remains: practicality isn't everything with these things. In your case you'd be just as well off, purely practically speaking, with a Corolla.

yeah but...

yeah.

EDIt - sorry for my posts in here. I have/had a stick up my arse today.

Last edited:
You dont buy an expensive mechanical watch to read the time. You buy it for craftmanship, style, showing off and believe.

James's really slim, black one he wore in Oz and James Drink to Britain.

Can anybody identify them for me?

Me too, can't find a pic but he wears it a lot, metallic band and slim face

Whilst the presenters (being on big bucks contracts) certainly have ?500+ watches that most of us couldn't afford (or could but would rather pay our bills first :p) here's a brand that I reckon is close to the TG spirit (if I can call that) and that has a wide range of models for not that expensive prices, Fossil.
http://www.fossil.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...2&departmentId=213502&currentPage=0&viewAll=1

Anyone agrees, or has any other suggestions of the same kind?

10 years ago, i would have very strongly disagreed with you about Fosil, however, i have a lot of respect for them now, they really turned their image around.

Fosil actually designs watches for many of the companies out there now (fashion stuff like Diesel and some Guess i believe)

and as for their own stuff, they've gotten into the self winding watches and stuff, which i respect.

however, i still have trouble wearing a watch that says "fossil" on it's face.... though my bias grows weaker every day.

and i own one.... amung other watches i have.

My overall point is that watches are now nothing more than jewelry. Not that it really matters. Really.

Absolutely, it is almost just jewelry nowadays (I say "almost" 'cause it still is my favourite and instictive place to check the time, easier than taking the phone off the pocket :D)
And in a nutshell, my overall point that this thread and its posters are just about fashion victims trying to get ideas about watches (for their wives/girlfriends to buy next time :D), and I thought (was wrong apparently, sorry mate) that you were on about the fact that we were stupid enough to check out on a thing that is pointless (a watch)

EDIt - sorry for my posts in here. I have/had a stick up my arse today.

We all have have these. ;)

@scoops: haha, funny you say that, I had a problem for years with the name Diesel and in particular that logo of a mohican, now I'm sorted after years of therapy. :lol::lol:

I am wondering if society have repressed you to the point that the only way you feel you can express yourself while maintaing your femininity is by your watch, purses, handbags, rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, brooches, wristbands, hair clips, or shoes.

:roll:

Give men and their watches a break, it's commonly the only form of jewelry they can get away with without looking like colossal assdouches.

Also, while clearly the TG hosts are filthy rich and know what they're doing, we serfs should take our own watch discussion here. :)

Last edited:
:roll:

Give men and their watches a break, it's commonly the only form of jewelry they can get away with without looking like colossal assdouches.

Speak for yourself. My Prince Albert doesn't make me look like a colossal assdouche at all.