TG Interviews Aussie Presenters

Here's the interviews

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/06/stories/01/1.html

IMO they sound like they are trying too hard, and Cox has got me worried about he comments when he says a passion for Aussie cars, i just hope the show isn't just on the aussie car

I think Charlie is not just referring to Falcodores. I get the impression he?s a fan of Aussie cars from back in the day, when Australia had a more interesting motor industry.

I?d like to think that there?s a strong hint that we?ll see some pieces of some great Aussie motoring history. Not just the usual suspects (i.e. XY Phase 3 GTHO, E49 Charger, Leyland P76, loads of Holdens etc) either. I?d like to think that we?d see pieces on the more interesting ? maybe even misguided- Aussie attempts at car manufacturing, such as the Lightburn Zeta, Purvis Eureka and the Giacattolo. Perhaps in a similar vein to many of James May?s early retrospective pieces, but different.

My opinion about the choice of the 3 presenters being an excellent choice still stands.

Totally agree with what you said, i guess i just gotta wait and see to make up my mind, but if they plaster the show with falcodores, i'd be dissapointed. Of course they are going to review fords and holdens, its a bit hard not to. I'd like to see them go up against bmws, audis etc and see honest opinions of the cars not some biased remarks because the car is made locally.

All in all i'm excited about the new show and the presenters look like they know what they are talking about. Just as long as they act like themselves and not copy TG, it'll be good.

Steve Pizzati looks awesome. Just someone rip it for the Americans so we have 3 TGs to watch, ok? :)

I might be able to rip it, but as for uploading to download i dunno bout that, gotta investigate.

Steve Pizzati sounds like he has a great sense of humor!

Even though they have something in common with the Brit Presenters, the three of them have a different personality of their own, which is what the show needed and I think Andy Wilman and the guys from SBS chose wisely and chose well.

Nice - it's all adding to my hope that TGA could be quite decent.

Steve Pizzati said:
What's in your garage?
A beer fridge, some girlie mags and several monuments to my own stupidity bought off the telly at 3am, including a 'George Foreman grill' and an 'Ab King Pro'.

What will you bring to Top Gear Australia?
A beer fridge, some girlie mags and several monuments to my own stupidity bought off the telly at 3am, including a 'George Foreman grill' and an 'Ab King Pro'.

:lol:

^ Yup, I think they have chosen well. I say this because I have the impression that Charlie and Steve have the strength of personality to shut down Warren (whose clearly verbose) if he starts banging on about his Dennis fire engines :blink:

I really like these guys, there quite funny but in there own way, not like a copy of the TG guys
What car do you hate most in all the world?
Hmmm... Where to start? Anything American......

Hmmm....The Americans are not going to like that!!

I'm doing my best to keep the faith but SBS will need to throw a big budget at the production otherwise it'll seem like a real imitation of ol faithful.

Originally Posted by Steve Pizzati
What's in your garage?

What will you bring to Top Gear Australia?

I seriously hope that is tongue-in-cheek because that is exactly the kind of ockerism i don't want to see in this show. Beer, tits and infomercials, i'm surprised he didn't throw in a v8 ute reference.

I seriously hope that is tongue-in-cheek because that is exactly the kind of ockerism i don't want to see in this show. Beer, tits and infomercials, i'm surprised he didn't throw in a v8 ute reference.

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllll beeeee riiiigghhht, maaaaaaaaaattttteeeee

I think you're reading far too much into it - it's clearly a joke.

I think you're reading far too much into it - it's clearly a joke.

Oh a joke, i get jokes! :|

But seriously i just want this show to be as good as possible and not descend to mainstream cliches, even if they are trying to be ironic.

Truthfully i can't wait for aussie top gear to start, i'm sure i will watch it just as fanatically as the original regardless of how it turns out. I'm still confident that even at worst, it can't be as bad as previous australian automotive programs.

But seriously i just want this show to be as good as possible and not descend to mainstream cliches, even if they are trying to be ironic.

Truthfully i can't wait for aussie top gear to start, i'm sure i will watch it just as fanatically as the original regardless of how it turns out. I'm still confident that even at worst, it can't be as bad as previous australian automotive programs.

Agreed - I think that fact SBS are behind it will help it avoid having an overly Aussie Falcadore focus.

I just hope that when it airs people give it a chance - no doubt it will take time for the show to 'bed-in' - time for the presenters to gel, time for the production team to get it to where they want it to be.

Agreed - I think that fact SBS are behind it will help it avoid having an overly Aussie Falcadore focus.

On the same token I don't want it totally ignored, else it will end up like drive's reviews where if it's euro it's instantly good

I'm cuious as to how well Charlie will be able to present a show about motoring in Australia if he is going to keep living in London. I mean, his interview already suggests that he thinks Ford still sells the Festiva here.