TG team at Hinxton (Alfa challenge&something else)[with pics&vid]

Status
Not open for further replies.
**Spoiler Warning!!** Top Gear spied!

**Spoiler Warning!!** Top Gear spied!

As above, the Top Gear team was spied at a car exhibition in the UK.

Follow this link and read all the way down for new info about a challenge in the new series:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=72499

**edit** I just saw the thread about this in the "spoilers" thread (Duh!). Enjoy the photos anyway!!:D

Last edited:
Cheap Alfa Challenge? *rubs hands with glee*

Boy, are some Alfisiti gonna be pissed!
P.S. lol, Hammond looks like a 17-year old preppy Cali surfer dude with that hair.

Last edited:
P.S. lol, Hammond looks like a 17-year old preppy Cali surfer dude with that hair.

I never used to be a fan of the longer hair on Richard, but he's looking better these days than he has for ages. I quite like it :D

My predictions with my limited knowledge of Alfas. The V6 model will keep running, yet with electrical problems, any 4 cylinder models will run great right up until they throw a rod and or sieze. My money is on Jeremy so long as he spent all his money on the 75 then my guess is that being the oldest car at the highest price it will be in the best condition, especially considering that despite the 75 being one of the last RWD Alfas (and a great chassi at that), its a bit of a black sheep due to its styling, a.k.a. a good model can be had for cheap. Thats assuming the 75s driveshaft donuts don't give out :p

Maybe this thread should be merged?

Cheap Alfa Challenge? *rubs hands with glee*

Boy, are some Alfisiti gonna be pissed!

Actually

Unless the U.K. Alfa guys are dramatically different then the U.S. Alfa guys then i would doubt they would care, the Alfa guys around here actually have a really good sense of humor about themselves. Probably the only people who could care less about your opinion is the classic VW guys, but those guys are almost dangerously indifferent, i distinctly remember them crashing into eachother in the parking lot of the last trackday just for shits and giggles. Unbelievibly fast little bunnies though

That is a lotta people...

It seems they were originally planning to go to an event in Bristol:

In the run-up to the Festival we?d had an approach from the BBC?s Top Gear television programme producers who were planning a visit to an Alfa Romeo concours. In eager anticipation of the appearance of the programme?s three famous personalities we set about arranging the ?media event? only to be thwarted just days before their arrival by the news that Richard Hammond was in need of an emergency appendectomy.

http://www.velocetoday.com/archives/583

I can't wait for this episode. Why do Alfa's depreciate so badly in the UK? Here in the US their value is constantly going up...

^That's because they're rare items over there. Their infamous poor reliability isn't enough to bring them down.

Alfas are totally reliable! Its just that from time to time they have a habit of spitting coolant through the air-vents, flashing their accessory lights for no reason, and locking up drive-shafts. Otherwise they run fine.

On a more serious note, i really hope the editing crew keeps the dialog, i really want to hear their rants and raves about each car.

^That's because they're rare items over there. Their infamous poor reliability isn't enough to bring them down.

Our Alfa Spider has been pretty reliable, I never hesitate to drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.