TG's Secret Messages...

^ I'm just about to watch the second episode... I guess the Morse code gag is here to stay.

Fuck. :mad:

Reactions: Jon
Maybe the Stig will communicate in Morse code next time.

Because, they didn't need to change the Stig's listening habits. It's yet another example of Top Gear being tweaked to appeal to a broader audience.

And, the Stig's taste in music was awesome. How do you consider prog rock to be "really bad 70s" music?

Maybe I shouldn't have replied, I'll probably get another imbecile neg repping me.

but Stig's listening habits change nearly every series. He started with Easy Listening, moved on to Prog Rock (really good 70s music IMO), and there were the classical bits from adverts, the romantic fiction, the learn Italian CDs, the self-help CDs....

who knows, maybe Series 13 he'll be listening to recordings of pulsars...

but Stig's listening habits change nearly every series. He started with Easy Listening, moved on to Prog Rock (really good 70s music IMO), and there were the classical bits from adverts, the romantic fiction, the learn Italian CDs, the self-help CDs....

Yeah, I know the genres have changed over time. Prog rock seemed to be the longest lasting of Stig's phases though.

I didn't like his audio tapes either, guess Morse code just crossed the line for me.

Yeah, I know the genres have changed over time. Prog rock seemed to be the longest lasting of Stig's phases though.

I didn't like his audio tapes either, guess Morse code just crossed the line for me.

You could always have some Camel cued up whenever he does a lap.

The only reason I can see them doing this type of 'joke' is to get some cheap laughs.

To be fair, almost all of the persona devoted to the Stig is based on cheap laughs, starting out with the whole mute thing. He's basically a joke whiteboard (formerly blackboard) on which the presenters and writers can put anything they want. His appearance at the NTAs especially was just that.

So did we have another form of Morse Code going on with stiggy flashing the blinkers? I think so... anyone got some time to work it out? :p

So did we have another form of Morse Code going on with stiggy flashing the blinkers? I think so... anyone got some time to work it out? :p

Oh do pay attention double-oh-mclarensmps!!! :rolleyes:

The hazards lights come on automatically when the brakes are applied very hard. It's a safety feature that Jeremy mentioned during the commentary. As someone said elsewhere I think some VW's and Volvos have it as well.

Or were you just being silly in which case :blush:

As someone said elsewhere I think some VW's and Volvos have it as well.

plus Audis, Peugeots, Citroens, quite a large portion of new european cars have this feature. I have to say, it looked quite ridiculous on the track being the hottest version of the Fiat 500...

anybody deciphered the messages from s12e02 yet? ;)

Last edited:
Oh do pay attention double-oh-mclarensmps!!! :rolleyes:

The hazards lights come on automatically when the brakes are applied very hard. It's a safety feature that Jeremy mentioned during the commentary. As someone said elsewhere I think some VW's and Volvos have it as well.

Or were you just being silly in which case :blush:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Not directed at myself...

:p

I'm going for whale songs. That's about as un-TG as they'll get, and we all know how much they wound Jezza up before... causing him to make more controversial comments that the Daily Sieg-heil can wind themselves up into a frenzy about... thus ensuring the continued popularity of TG amongst those of us who matter!

anybody deciphered the messages from s12e02 yet? ;)
*COUGH* *COUGH*

I for one hope the Morse code thing was just for last week's episode.

It's not funny, and I much preferred it when the Stig actually had decent taste in music. Just another example of how this show becomes more and more watered down with time. :(

To be fair, almost all of the persona devoted to the Stig is based on cheap laughs, starting out with the whole mute thing. He's basically a joke whiteboard (formerly blackboard) on which the presenters and writers can put anything they want. His appearance at the NTAs especially was just that.

exactly the stig besides his driving abilty is one big joke and one of the jokes that makes the show so popular i think its more an example of the show expanding and becoming better then it is of the show been watered down they picked up on an oppurtunity for more laughs and swapped out the music for something funny ie the lanuage lessons now they have taken it further but making it not only funny but also clever and smart

as you said tho its your choice wether u like it or not and if recent trends continue youll only have to bare it till then end of season

wasnt one of the some say jokes that the stig talks or hears in morse code?

hahaha 2 funny! i hope next time they make something stupid like
"My face is made of mushy peas"
or
"i hate my job"

indeed, the lexus had 8 gears and it was too much!

Jeremy was right, I did find out on the internet!